Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

AJ

I'm crap at unusual decks without titles ;) I really like how it came out also. I hated the first two cards, but when seen together it works out fine. The key is never pause once the pen hits the card.

Please hold any more uploads until the new thread is put up by FLizarraga
may take a few days.

I've spent the last few hours checking all the links on the current one, not too many lost!

I am losing my vision and FLizarraga has heroically agreed to take over the epic task here.

LindaMechele

That Mary El's gorgeous, AJ! Great job. What did you use to trim it with?

Please hold any more uploads until the new thread is put up by FLizarraga
may take a few days.
I am losing my vision and FLizarraga has heroically agreed to take over the epic task here.
Oh, no! Is there anything that can be done for your eyes? My nearsight vision's getting blurrier every year, but there is a surgery for that if it gets too bad. Hopefully there is for your condition as well.

And thanks to FLiz for taking over curating the thread! Yep, it will be a herculean task for sure. Hey, Fliz - holler at me if you need a hand doing something or other. Not sure what I can do - proofread maybe? IF you need it that is. Judging from your posts, you won't.

AJ

just long scissors and corner rounder re: Mary-el

There is no treatment for my eyes available. They are pretty sure it is tamoxifen related so I stopped taking that. They aren't going dim like w/macular degeneration or glaucoma, it just changes how I see things. Road side electric wires look like pie crust now. I can't read the huge green highway signs until I'm within 2 car lengths of them, but my glasses Rx hasn't changed...makes life interesting. I'll worry about how to cope with each stage as I come to it. It isn't cancer again and that is a 'good thing'!

Nemia

Tarot of the Master

I trimmed my Tarot of the Master when it arrived, and WOW what a difference that made! I crocheted up a little bag, too, in no time at all. It was so much fun, and now the deck looks so much better. I decided to disregard the back, and I won't round the corners. I like it the way it looks now!

Attachments

• tarot of the master 4.jpg
    tarot of the master 4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 133
  • tarot of the master 3.jpg
    tarot of the master 3.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 122
  • tarot of the master 2.jpg
    tarot of the master 2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 116

Hemera

What an amazing change! It´s a whole different deck now. Looks like the borders eat all colour from the cards and when they´re gone the soft colours of the deck itself seem to get a new life. Well done Nemia :thumbsup:

Nemia

Night Sun Tarot - trimmed and with black edges

I knew that my Night Sun Tarot begged for a trim. The dark, crowded images felt uncomfortable isolated by thick white borders. I knew they wanted to touch each other. And it was obvious they needed black edges.

I used a simpler pair of scissors than usual - after our house move, the old heavy miracle scissors went missing, and I didn't find my corner rounder either. That didn't matter - I rounded the corners just a tiny bit with the scissors and it turned out great. I'm no neat freak and I don't mind a little irregularity.

I think the cards are much eaiser to handle now. I don't read much with this deck, I don't even know why I bought it and was so fascinated by it - dark imagery and computer generated inhabitants of uncanny valley are not usually my cup of latte. But somehow, these cards promise some substance that I can discover if I persist. Maybe it's an empty promise. Anyway, I did what I could to set them free. And I'm more than happy with the result.

The black edges are a bit difficult to see because the card size is a bit irregular, but as I said before, I don't mind that. I'm really glad I did it. Now all I have to do is take the deck out and read with it :)

(Sorry for the shoddy pics, my camera battery has gone missing in action too....)

Attachments

• Night Sun Tarot 2015-12-12 17.08.20.jpg
    Night Sun Tarot 2015-12-12 17.08.20.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Night Sun Tarot 2015-12-12 19.28.51.jpg
    Night Sun Tarot 2015-12-12 19.28.51.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Night Sun Tarot trimming 2015-12-12 20.04.24.jpg
    Night Sun Tarot trimming 2015-12-12 20.04.24.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Night Sun Tarot 2015-12-12 22.32.51.jpg
    Night Sun Tarot 2015-12-12 22.32.51.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 122

Nemia

And in case I didn't show you the Holy Light Tarot - here it is trimmed. A silver edge is half done, I'll add pics as soon as they're ready. But trimming it was a good decision. I like it much better trimmed.

Attachments

• Tarot of the Holy Light 2.jpg
    Tarot of the Holy Light 2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Tarot of the Holy Light 3.jpg
    Tarot of the Holy Light 3.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 116

Citrin

I'm preparing for my first trim, either the Raven's Prophecy or the Japaridze. The Japaridze I imagine will be so much better a little bit smaller and with the amazing art just popping out... Ahhh... :)

I'm so nervous about it though! I bought a corner rounder from Fiskars (3-in-1) and when trying it out on extra cards I feel like sometimes it gets a little bit uneven, I think I might not be holding the cards quite right when punching the corners ugh...