New to this group...

Hemera

Nice to see new people joining in :party:
(Ooh, and another Vampyres fan,too!)
What is ODW, please?? (Obsessive Deck Work..?)

Tarot Orat

What is ODW, please?? (Obsessive Deck Work..?)

That's not a bad interpretation ;) It's the One Deck Wonder, using just one deck (or just two, one with illustrated pips and one Marseille-style) for a certain period of time. More flexible than the IDS, which I crashed and burned at a few years ago!

AmberFox

Vampyre fan!!

Yes I love my Vampyre Tarot by Ian Daniels and I just want to work with it as much as I can.

Come and join us at the One Deck Wonder thread under Talkin Tarot, its realy good fun.

BB AmberFox

Tarot Orat

I just dreamed about my card! It's getting in my head ;)

Hemera

That's not a bad interpretation ;) It's the One Deck Wonder, using just one deck (or just two, one with illustrated pips and one Marseille-style) for a certain period of time. More flexible than the IDS, which I crashed and burned at a few years ago!
Oh I see.. I have not noticed that. I did IDS earlier though. And I have missed that..

Yes I love my Vampyre Tarot by Ian Daniels and I just want to work with it as much as I can.

Come and join us at the One Deck Wonder thread under Talkin Tarot, its realy good fun.

BB AmberFox
You know I think I might do just that! [..wandering off to TT to see what the ODW is all about...]

Tarot Orat

Wow, I am really stalling on Step 4. It's not that I can't write a story, I just can't write a short one, and I don't want to have to tell some big long thing and then retell it in the first person for just as long! I suppose I should just DO it and not worry about how much work it is...and it looks like Step 5 is reasonably short. (Not easy, but short.) Okay, I can handle this, really. (She said encouragingly to herself.)

Tarot Orat

Well, it took a week, but I finally did Step 4. For a long time I was stuck trying to stay with the literal meaning of the illustration, I just couldn't come up with a story about a ringmaster and two clowns in a circus tent. Then I threw all that away, looked at the picture as if I'd never seen it before, and just saw a man with a magic hat. And it wrote itself all at once! (It did wind up fairly long but I enjoyed it.)

Okay, I'll let my brain breathe for a while and take a look at Step 5....

coyoteblack

When this book first cameout there were four of us workig together in this forum and we tried to motivate one another and stick to a schedule. Problem was life got busy . I finished the regular one and most of the adept but I left my deck at home I might finish the adept now I just need to see where I left off.

Tarot Orat

Kind of interesting how the exercises that require us to interpret other cards from the deck (like step 8, part 1) are often difficult for me, but when I get to the same exercise using 'my' card it comes so much more easily! Not that this is preventing me from reading other cards, it's definitely helping in fact because I can use the steps I've learned so far, but "my" card feels like coming home.

Hemera

Oh yes, this is so true! Im thinking.. just how well would I get to know my deck if I would have the time and energy to walk these 21 steps with each one of the cards.