21 ways - Study Group - Discussion thread

AprilFool

I will try to come visit the new study group as well. I just got the book about a week ago.

RubyRuby

It's great to see all the interest. I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Thanks Sulis for indexing this group for us.

Also, do you wish to lead the group?

I can. I'd like to toss around some ideas first. Get a sense of what people are looking for. We can use this thread, I guess.

I thought each of us could take a card or more through the 21 steps, and that we could try and get the 78 cards done.

AprilFool

That sounds pretty good.

Would we all do the same step on the same day for our card(s) and then post together on the daily thread? If so, that would be a 21-day or 21-week study, depending on how often we switch steps (daily or weekly), which obviously depends on whether each of us is doing ONE card, or 10 cards, :D

Lewen

I better get right out and order the book then so I can participate!
:D

coyoteblack

I would lke to join in as well heck every group nedds a semi tame wild animal in it right? I can pick the book up saturday i hope

dadsnook2000

I've launched the "21 Ways" Study Group.

I have taken the initiative to launch the Study Group for Mary Greer's 21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card book. The thread is in the Study Group section. I have suggest a few guidelines so that we don't get all mixed up in our postings or the step that we are posting about. See you all there. Dave

LixiPixi

Is it possible to join in without owning the book yet? I've been wanting to get this one for quite some time now. This would sure give me good cause to pick one up }) I'd love to take part in this group!

LP~

AprilFool

An Introduction of ME and MY contribution to the study - Two Cards

Hi, fellow studiers! I just wanted to introduce myself to you all in THIS thread, rather than in our real study group thread, since Dave did such a good job of formatting that thread to be consistent. My name is Barb, and I live in Northeast Tennessee in the USA. I am married w/ four blended-family children, all of whom are grown. I discovered Tarot just after Thanksgiving last year, when Christmas shopping for my brother. He got ONE new deck, and I have jumped into this wonderful world by going crazy with deck collection. Now I'm hungry to learn how to use my new tools for inspiration. That is where I see Mary's "21-Ways to Read a Tarot Card" coming into much use for me.

I will be doing TWO cards in our study, "THE CHARIOT" and "ACE OF WANDS" and have already posted my Step ONE threads this morning on the study group thread.

I have decided to use primarily the "Intuitive Tarot" deck by Cilla Conway, but I probably will change decks throughout the study, to give myself plenty of images of each of these two cards (Chariot & Ace of Wands) to learn from. The reason I will be changing decks is to take advantage of my card scans of my entire collection. I have printed scans of all of my decks. There are 5-6 card images on each sheet of paper (all for the same card, for example the Fool). I have five sheets to accomodate the scans for all of my decks; so I can see all 25+ images of the Fool Card side by side for easy comparison. It has been a great tool to see how different artists depict the same card in so many ways.

Anyhow, back to our study. I did the 3-card draw as suggested in the book, and turned up the Ace of Wands as one of the three cards (the other two did NOT speak to me). This card has always been very special to me, as it represents energy (which I need!) and new ideas & inspiration. I am a perimenopausal woman (age 48), and this card REALLY speaks to me to get BACK the energy that has been waning over the last year or so! :)

However, since the New Year, I have also been doing my own study of one randomly drawn CARD OF THE DAY, generated off the "Voyager Tarot" site, since it is easy and automatic. Today's draw gave me the Chariot Card, even before I tried Mary's 3-card spread for our 21-Ways study group. Well, this particular card seems to me to go hand-in-hand with my current quest to not only regain the ENERGY of my former self, but to find the WILLPOWER to see this quest through.

So for that reason, I will be participating in our study group with these two cards, The Chariot and Ace of Wands. See you folks over on the study group.

Oh, and Dave, as a suggestion for tomorrow's thread for Step One, we might want to have an introduction thread. I can paste this stuff into it, and add any other information to our intro thread so we all know who we are studying with (if you think that makes sense).

Thanks!

dadsnook2000

Welcome all

This study group can welcome those who do not yet have the book as the instructions for each step (at the Aprentice level) are quite descriptive. After awhile, the exercises may become deeper and require more explanation. While we do not want to "print" the book here, we will try to be as inclusive as time, space and common sense permits.

As for photos of each participant's chosen card(s), you can add those to your first post. These have to be kept within the file size limit set by AT. See you in the study group. Dave