21 ways - Study Group - Discussion thread

satine

21 ways study group

I would be very interested in joining this group if it isn't too late...

coyoteblack

satine said:

someone just joined last week! we would love to have you!

Starling

satine said:

I'm the person who joined last week. I found the first few steps very easy and ran through them quickly. They are getting a bit harder and I'm doing them more slowly. I'd love to have a buddy to share the process with me.

bryghtrose

I just got the book, and I'm ready to join this study group. Even though I'm late to the party.

kwesifriends

Loveit and Want to buy book!

yay I wish I can purchase a book but I'm out for funds maybe I will byu next month yay hehehe ad the lessons are cool newbies love this kind of lesson its very easy to understand yay hehehehe thanks for who did this group!

dadsnook2000

Holiday wishes to our group

As we approach or engage in our various holiday celebrations, I want to extend the warmest wishes to everyone participating in our two "21 Ways" study groups. Some of us started our journey almost a year ago (in January) and it has been rewarding for all of us. We have shared much -- a common theme in this holiday period. I feel blessed to have shared my stories and your stories and to have learned all that we managed to absorb. Thank you all, and enjoy safe and rewarding times with family and friends. Dave

dadsnook2000

It is official

In case any of you have wondered, but not yet read the post, I have asked caridwen to help us in a special New Year's kick-off excercise using a very special tarot spread based upon some ancient Norse legends. This spread and its deeply meaningful context will augment what we have been learning about from Mary Greer's book -- the book addressing "cards" but not spreads as such.

This unique spread, and its supporting concept, should fit right in with our New Year's resolutions and self-assessment that so many of us undertake. Our spread-creator will assist us, as asked for, with our use of the spread and application of the cards. Once our smaller "Adept" group has experimented with and experienced this exercise, I hope to extend it to others involved in the overall study group. I just don't want to overload our guest in this project.

I hope the New Year went well of all. It's now time to assess our journey in life and through the Tarot. Dave.

coyoteblack

well for the first time I have my own Internet connection outside of work and I can join in again. Man I cant wait to get started again.

dadsnook2000

For coyoteblack

That's great. I know that on those occasions when my computer acts up and won't let me connect that I feel antsy. I've always considered myself a "content provider" in terms of the Internet, yet I also depend greatly on the inputs from many others.

Back in the 80s and 90s, I used a computer as a tool to write and publish. Seldom did I go on-line to gather information. As I moved through the 90's and into this century my use became more balanced, although I create more than I consume. Anyways, welcome back. We are about to start a special exercise using a spread called Caridwen's Web, based on an ancient Norse myth. It looks challenging.

My sense is that some find the idea of reading this spread from the center outward, as if a spider in the center of a web, a bit daunting. I've suggested several approaches. In general, I think I'll start with the first three cards and then proceed in a loose narrative style rather than follow a rigid format. Perhaps my approach will serve as a comfort model for the others. Dave

Jewel

Happy New Year all! I look forward to doing another "sonic boom" and catching up soon (still on Step 5 adept level *LOL*). I will look for the new spread, sounds fascinating from little you described Dave.

Coyoteblack, great to hear you have your own internet connection! Now if I would just get off my butt and get ours connected from home (to the new computer :D) then maybe I could get on with it too!

I look forward to working with you all this year on 21 Ways and other exercises!