21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step THREE

Aulruna

21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step THREE

Emotional content

3-1
There is a feeling of great dedication and discipline in the way the man on the throne hold himself. And also, pride. A connection to his surrounding, because he has both feet planted firmly on the ground before him. Right now, he is sitting like we caught him in a moment of contemplation, yet he is always alert, a true warrior.

3-2
I'm sitting on a throne that seems to be tied to the country, an inseparable part of it. As I survey the hills and plains before me, I once again feel strongly that this is MY country, I'm married to it, and responsible for it. An while other may think it harsh, I see how beautiful it is.
It feels good to have Excalibur with me, my sword that was bestowed upon me by the Lady of the Lake. Through Excalibur I know I'm the rightful ruler and guardian, the Chosen One for my people. The sword's energy pulsates through me when I touch it. It is good to have this sword in a most practical way to, because my country has enemies. It is my duty to protect it and show the strength of my reign by flying my standard proudly for everone to see.

3-3
I feel reminded of my former job, running a big department. Implementing structures and maintain order, yet also protect employees - if they made a mistake or the performance was below budget. Pride of what I built, but sometimes a bit of loneliness and the wish to be able to share the burden.

dadsnook2000

For Morwenna and valeria

Welcome to our study group. While we will continue forward, you can catch up at your pace. We are currently moving forward one step each week. But we will all be reading your posts, will answer questions, will welcome your comments on our posts, and are ready to support you as best we can. Dave

Aulruna

Thanks Dave, for the welcome and support!

I'm on vacation right now, so I hope to be able to finish the exercises a bit faster. With the group being so many steps ahead I'm not sure I'll catch up before adept level though ;-)

Thank you so much for your time and effort. I love the way you moderate this course.

Morwenna

dadsnook2000

Not to worry

Not to worry about catching up. We still have almost two months to go at the pace of "one step per week." Summer may find me at the seashore for several weeks -- I am selling my cottage so I don't know if I'll be gone for the whole summer or none of it or some of it. We may wait to start the "adept" portion of the book until late August or early September -- we'll take a poll of those who are participating to see if we should wait or rush onward.

In any case, there will be time to catch up. I'll always monitor the postings as they come up (as most others do, also) and we will all get to the 21st step.
Dave

Jewel

Step 3

STEP 3
CARD: The Star
DECK: Fantastic Meangerie
Card can be seen here: http://www.fantasticmenagerie.com/Majors2.htm

Three aspects really set the emotional tones of this card for me, each representing a differnt type of emotion:
1) The bird-woman
2) The 3 fish
3) The dragonfly
Interestingly enough I really related to all three as shown in steps 3-2 and 3-3.

3-1. It is twilight and the first stars are coming out. There is not a cloud in the sky. All is quiet with the exception of the beautiful sounds of nature, which the bird-woman listens to intently. She seems to be very relaxed and very much enjoying her stroll both on land and venturing into the water. She is releshing the glory of nature through touch, smell, sight, and sound. With the plants and flowers decorating her body she feels one with her beautiful and peaceful environment.

The 3 fish appear alarmed yet curious of the bird-woman entering their domain. They are hiding on either side of the vegetation so they can watch her, yet not be seen. They don't want to be her dinner.

The dragonfly pearched on her shoulder is just there for the ride. He is observant and aware. Ready to fly off if needs to, but enjoying the companionship of the bird-woman.

3-2. It is twilight and the first stars are coming out. There is not a cloud in the sky. All is quiet with the exception of the beautiful sounds of nature, which I am listening to intently. I am very relaxed and enjoying my stroll both on land as in venturing into the water. I am relishing the glory of nature through touch, smell, sight, and sound. With the plants and flowers decorating my body I feel as one with my beautiful and peaceful environment.

On the other hand I am alarmed, yet curious about the bird-woman side of me, that part of me trespasses into this domain. I hide in the vegetation so I can watch myself without my consciousness noticing me. I don't want to be my own dinner.

Yet another side of me seems to perch on my own shoulder, just there for the ride. I am observant and aware of all sides of me, ready to fly off if I need to, but enjoying the companionship of the quieter more spiritual side of myself.

3-3. At first I was not really sure I'd be able to identify a situation until I put the description into the first person. Then it all fell into place for me.

Emotionally I am divided into various parts. I really want to live a more peacerful and tranquil life where I can just absorb and enjoy nature. Learn more about it. Contribute to it. I've really been feeling a pull in that direction lately, and I have always loved dusk, nightime, and the stars.

I tend to hide in my imaginary peaceful world because my real environment is not so tranquil. The bird-woman's environment is my imaginary world. I am more like the fish. I enjoy the peace when there but am often times weary of how quickly it can turn on me. Like the dragon fly I relish it when its there but am ready to switch gears and fly if I have to.

Tonight I am the bird-woman and am savoring this time to myself where I can delve into tarot and journaling.

Eilan

Step 3 - Universal Goddess - 5 wands

3.1 There is a feeling of power and energy. she really seems to feel at ease with her power. she also seems a little naughty. she is very fascinating and charming too and her eyes and the way she moves her hands/arms are magnetic. But I don't feel any arrogance or presumption, she only is almighty and she knows.

3.2 I'm Pele. I've got the power and I like it. I can do what I want, even the volcanoes do what I want. Don't challenge me, you will lose. If I am happy, good for you but if I am angry, pity for you. Oh, I forgot: I'm casting a spell on you, you can't resist me!

3.3 Usually I'm not Eilan-almighty, but when I passed my contemporary history exam, well... I could have moved mountains that day! I think these are the feelings you have when you succeed the impossible challenges that life sometimes give you. Unless you are a little arrogant bully, in that case you can feel this way everyday (but this is not my case)!

coyoteblack

that seemed almost effortless how you switvhed from 3rd person to first person and back to 1st person again really nice flow to it

glad you are not a bully that famous temper might hurt

and jewel you really put a lot of estra effort into decribeing the card real nice touch

keep up the awsome work

more the merrier

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
jewel you really put a lot of estra effort into decribeing the card real nice touch
Actually I seem to connect more with the whole natural imagery of the card than anything else. The Fanatstic Menagerie is interesting that way. The Star card in this deck really has a focus on nature. I do not have a scanner so I cannot provide a picuture of the card, but it is quite peaceful and natural.

Keavy McGee

Step THREE - Golden Tarot, Wheel of Fortune

Hello, everyone. I enjoy reading every one of your posts. I am learning so much from everyone already.

EMOTION

1) A peaceful woman gently holds her babe in her arms. She is an ordinary woman, with her munching livestock calmly eating in the background. There are no riches here in her humble home, yet her clothes and bed linens are of good colour and show no signs of wear. She is at peace, and even a bit dreamy, as her child nuzzles against her chin. She is modest ~ her hair is covered by a shawl and her arms are covered by long sleeves. At her feet, her warmly dressed husband is focused on trying to build an adequate fire to cook their food.

2) I am warm and drowsy with the gentle warmth and softness of my baby's skin against my neck. He has just eaten and is full and completely relaxed in my arms. Outside, it is night, and I am secure in the knowledge that my husband has already fed the animals and they are munching contentedly. I imagine their warm moist breath steaming in the coolness of their barn. Beside me, my husband works to build a fire and prepare our meal. We have only one bowl for the two of us, but we will share. I keep having this dream-vision of a turning wheel, with angels and animals racing around the outside. I wonder what that black angel in the corner is up to?

3) Personal reflection ~ this reminds me of my little bed downstairs. I recently lost my home very suddenly and am staying in my sister's extra bedroom temporarily. All I have with me are my bed, my pillow, a few clothes, a few books, and my cat. It is simple compared to what I had before, yet adequate, and my basic needs are being met. It is enough and I am happy, like the family in this card. The husband in this tarot card is down on his knees and he does just remind me a bit of my kitty at his dinner in the evening!! And since this unexpected change in my circumstances, I have found myself spontaneously returning to an old love of tarot which I had not explored for years. So perhaps THAT is what the black angel is up to!!

Cairbre

Jewel

As_you_wish said:
I have found myself spontaneously returning to an old love of tarot which I had not explored for years. So perhaps THAT is what the black angel is up to!!
I like the association you made of the black angel to returning to tarot. One of the meanings of the color black, according Chapter 13 in this book, is transformation. What you are going through in general is something that will transform you, and perhaps the Tarot is one of those things that will aid you in the process.

I really enjoyed your post! Thank you for sharing.