21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step FOUR

faunabay

geministar said:
*ROFL*......yes we all lived happily ever after

Its pretty scary writing about these personal issues in your own life.

Isn't it though!!!?? I'm having quite a few WOW moments while going through these steps.

faunabay

Step 4 - Universal Fantasy - Knight of Swords

I was astonished to find how much flowed while writing this. My hand began to hurt because I was writing so fast. LOL I did go over 10 minutes but only to finish my last couple sentences about my horse! :) And even as I was writing I literally laughed out loud when I got to the "The Warrior Woman!" part. (giggle)

4:1 Once upon a time there was this special woman who lived her life normally. She was a bright, caring person that everyone liked and saw as just like them. It was only in times of great conflict or trying times that she became someone different. One day the king sent someone to fetch her because he had a great need of someone with her capabilities. When she heard she was needed she became a different person. She was still the same person deep down just another part of her was brought out. The Warrior Woman!!
The other villagers were astounded!! She was someone they thought they knew. But now she was turning into someone else right before their eyes. "Who was she really?" They weren't sure they had even known her at all and they weren't very happy about that. The Warrior Woman could see this change happening in her friends eyes. She felt extreme sadness because she had come here to get away from the conflicts and settle down. But now the King's man had tracked her down. So sadly, but with determination, because if the King needed her she would be there for him, she pulled out her armor and began putting it on. The more armor she put on the greater her stature became. She almost seemed to grow before her friend's eyes, but really it was her determination and confidence the others were seeing. Once her armor was on she went to get her horse. As she got Starbuck out of the barn you could see understanding fill the townsfolks faces. They had always wondered why such a down to earth "normal" woman had such a grand horse.

4:2 I am a special woman just living my life normally. Everyone likes me because I'm a bright and caring person who everyone sees as similiar to them. I only become someone different in times of great conflict or upheaval. But now the King has sent someone to fetch me because he has need of someone with my capabilities. As soon as I heard I was needed I became a different person. I'm actually still the same deep down just another part of me is being brought out.
The Warrior Woman!!
The other villagers are astounded!! I was someone they thought they knew, but not I'm turning into someone else right before their eyes. I know they're thinking "Who is she really?" They're not sure they had even known me at all and are not at all happy about that.
I can see this change and realization happening in my friends eyes. I'm extremely sad because I had come here to get away from the conflicts and settle down. But now the King's man has tracked me down. So sadly, but with great determination, because if the King needs me, I pull out my hidden armor and begin putting it on. The more armor I put on the greater my stature becomes. I know I'm seeming to become bigger right before my friends eyes, but really it's just my determination and confidence they are seeing. My armor is on now and I go to get my horse. As I get Starbuck out fo the barn I can see understanding fill my friends faces. I know they had always wondered why a down to earth "normal" woman, such as myself, had such a grand horse!!!

4:3 Nothing like this has ever actually happened to me, but I've always felt as if I'm here on this planet, at this exact time, for a reason. And I'm just waiting for that reason to show itself. Sometimes I feel jumpy wanting it to happen NOW, then other times I'm nervous that I won't be up for the challenge. The strange thing is now with all the extra conflict in the world....wars and weather related, I see this as what my be why I'm here. Maybe I'm here to keep the confidence that things will work out for the best - for me to keep joy, light, and love filling the world so darknesss and fear won't succeed. None of this is definite in my mind, just kind of "maybe" or "what if" thoughts.

geministar

Faunabay, I thought this would be a hard step but I was also amazed at how I flowed and couldnt put my pen down while doing this step.

I like your story, the way you go from "normal" person to this warrior woman and even though you knew who you were, the people around you didnt, they were still finding out all about you.

It would be interesting to see this card.

faunabay

geministar said:
It would be interesting to see this card.

I know, I want you all to see it too. I'm going to get it scanned as quickly as I can find a scanner that actually works. LOL

Jewel

faunabay said:
Nothing like this has ever actually happened to me, but I've always felt as if I'm here on this planet, at this exact time, for a reason. And I'm just waiting for that reason to show itself. Sometimes I feel jumpy wanting it to happen NOW, then other times I'm nervous that I won't be up for the challenge. The strange thing is now with all the extra conflict in the world....wars and weather related, I see this as what my be why I'm here. Maybe I'm here to keep the confidence that things will work out for the best - for me to keep joy, light, and love filling the world so darknesss and fear won't succeed. None of this is definite in my mind, just kind of "maybe" or "what if" thoughts.
Actually, I think it has and continues to happen on such a regular basis that you have not realized that you are still wearing your armor. Your gift is helping people pull themselves together against adversity - and you are an emotional healer. You have a confidence about you that when you are helping someone it spreads to them and gives them courage and strength. I have seen you do this with your mom, now your aunt & uncle, and with me .... The thing is, is that YOU see yourself as a "normal" person like everyone else.

I am think that during these exercises you will learn much more about that armor and that special horse.

faunabay

Jewel said:
Actually, I think it has and continues to happen on such a regular basis that you have not realized that you are still wearing your armor. Your gift is helping people pull themselves together against adversity - and you are an emotional healer. You have a confidence about you that when you are helping someone it spreads to them and gives them courage and strength. I have seen you do this with your mom, now your aunt & uncle, and with me .... The thing is, is that YOU see yourself as a "normal" person like everyone else.

I am think that during these exercises you will learn much more about that armor and that special horse.

hmmmm......I do see myself as "normal" - as normal as anyone can be! LOL(shrug). It will be interesting to see what happens and what I find as I go through the other steps. :)

punchinella

Herbal Tarot, XXI The World, Step Four

1) Once upon a time there was a little Comfrey plant living on the beach, with tender leaves like tiny tongues and bluebells for toes. These bluebell toes liked to hang down and tickle the sand, scratching it with their tines. Well, one day the sand got mad. It had had enough. It got madder and madder, and the Comfrey plant, who was only a baby after all and really didn't know any better, just kept right on tickling it with its needle-sharp tines . . . That sand finally got so mad that it asked the wind to start to blow. It wanted to rise up in the air and pelt the leaves of the horrible little Comfrey plant with pellets, maybe even leave clots of itself in the cups of her leaves, maybe even--oh, even!--bury the poor thing altogether.

But God overheard what sand and the wind were plotting. God was a hoop you see, a beginning-to-end oval continuum manifesting to Mistress Comfrey as a mirror and within that mirror, an elderly woman. God, of course, cared for her child--Mistress Comfrey--very much, and couldn't bear the thought of her coming to harm at the hands of a hundred million grains of sand. So, she hired the sun to come out extraordinarily brightly, to pop out from behind a cloud with such brilliant panache as to (temporarily) blind the wind, who would then be uncertain in which direction to blow.

God's plan worked, and the wind blew all the angry little sand particles in the "wrong" direction. They became those spiteful dunes away off in the distance; and Comfrey was spared, in order to grow into a bride.

2) I am a little Comfrey plant living on the beach. I have tender leaves like tiny tongues, and bluebells for toes. I like to dangle my lovely little bluebell-toes down and tickle the sand with them, scratching it with their tines. This makes the sand so mad! Oooh, it gets madder and madder, and I just go on tickling and tickling and tickling and . . . OOOPS, now it's really mad. I heard it ask the wind to start blowing. Uh-oh. It might get lifted up in the air now and hit me, maybe even leave yucky clots of itself in the cups of my leaves, maybe even--but this couldn't happen (could it?)--bury me altogether . . .

The little Comfrey plant doesn't need to worry. I overheard what sand and the wind were plotting just there. I am . . . Who I Am. At the moment, Mistress Comfrey perceives me as a hoop, and within that hoop, a mirror, and within that mirror, an elderly woman . . . and, her perception is a correct one. I care for my child very much, and cannot bear the thought of her coming to harm at the hands of a hundred million grains of sand. So, I have hired the sun to manifest in unfettered splendour, to pop out from behind a cloud with such brilliant panache as to--temporarily at least--blind the wind altogether. He, naturally enough, will become disoriented and confused; in short, he will not know in which direction to blow.

I can see that my plan has worked. The wind, in his confusion, blew all the angry little sand particles in the "wrong" direction. Comfrey perceives them as spiteful dunes away off in the distance. I can understand their frustration; but, I chose to spare her, in order to watch her grow into a bride.

3) It is actually weird, the resonance that this activity (and card, and card message, etc.) is starting to take on. It's all about my life now (duh . . . )--which feels very transient, very unrooted and unprotected and uncertain and fragile. Without going into too much detail, I am renting a single room in a stranger's house, my family have all moved away, I have quit my job because of the spiteful nature of the employer, and am totally in limbo. I am waiting for a new job which will enable me to move to a new town and start a new life. But, like the tender Comfrey plant, I am to some extent dependent on powers beyond my control. One of the chief messages here is that those powers are benign; and, that harmful influences are only permitted to do so much mischief before they are controlled, even when an immature personality (like mine) may have, to a certain extent, brought that mischief upon herself.

May I echo the general sentiment that this, taken altogether, is an amazing set of exercises? And, it's nice to do them together as a group. Thanks everybody for participating (((((( ))))))

dadsnook2000

For punchinella

Very descriptive writing. I am constantly amazed at how well the card we have chosen as a focus can, in turn, portray so much truth and information about our current life's situation. I wonder if, when, we will each be able to study all of the cards in our favorite deck this way -- or to instantly grasp this depth of meaning within a reading and within a spread context. I suspect, despite the extent of that wish and it seeming impossibility, that we well all get there before we are done with this study group at the Apprentice and the Adept levels. Now, that is a worthy and exciting goal. Dave

punchinella

dadsnook2000 said:
I wonder if, when, we will each be able to study all of the cards in our favorite deck this way -- or to instantly grasp this depth of meaning within a reading and within a spread context.
Can you imagine taking the time to do this whole process systematically with every card in your deck of choice? One would wind up . . . on a different wavelength altogether :lightbulb :lightbulb :lightbulb

Jewel

punchinella said:
Can you imagine taking the time to do this whole process systematically with every card in your deck of choice? One would wind up . . . on a different wavelength altogether :lightbulb :lightbulb :lightbulb
~faints~ please don't suggest this ... Coyoteblack and I are silly enough to actually try it ......

Punchinella I loved your story. Your card is so unique.