21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step FIVE

nicki

21 ways ~ Step 5

Step 5 ~ Thoth Tarot ~ The Lovers

I have chosen The Lovers, which is number 6.

The sixes are about

~ Co-operation
~ Choice
~ Balance

le fey

Step FIVE: Druidcraft Queen of Swords

Court cards are not associated with a number, so my three selected keywords are those associated with Queens:

nurturing
maintaining
reflective

kmartin60

21 ways....step 5...Knight of Pent...

The Knight the beginng post says something about "Public mastery"
I take that to mean he shows control to any that look upon him. He is epitom of self control....I feel he also has wisdom, and calm, and ability to wait as he takes in all he cal learn and master it and then turn around and willingly share it....

Bluecat

5 swords - Revelations

I've drawn the five of swords. Fives are about, Upset, Difficulties and necessary change

Starling

RWS - 5 of Swords

I have drawn the 5 of Swords. Fives are Crisis resulting in challenges and opportunities, balance and unbalance and stabiltiy and destability.

The fives include The Hierophant and Temperance (14 reduces to 5), so anything I chose using this system requires that I include those two cards in addition to the 5's in the suits.

I pulled all of the cards before I chose my keywords because although the first group I chose (crisis, change, upset, conflict and trials) which do fit all of the suit cards, do not fit the two Majors.

At first I thought this would be an easy step, but in the end it wasn't easy at all.

flowerpower

Universal Waite - King of Wands

I drew the King of Wands and Kings are proud, and are about authority and establishing rules.

Starling

Hi Flowerpower. It is good to have someone to share this study with. I never thought about those keywords for the King, but you are right. I always thought about mastery, but power and authority WORK.

dadsnook2000

For flowerpower

In the book, Appendix B on page 249 and 250, are more keywords for Kings. The Kings are quite complex, having to play so many roles. Mary Greer covers many of the Kingly attributes. You might want to look at a book called The Tarot Court Cards by Kate Warwick-Smith. She looks at the court cards in terms of how they can relate to you in terms of being a Supporter, a Detractor, a Resource, or a Challenge.

Then, she relates each of the court cards to these four categories. The King of Wands has these roles which it can play:
** Supporter: A Spiritual Elder
** Detractor: A Zealot
** Resource: A Spiritual Vision
** Challenge: Illusion

She goes on to elaborate how these roles can be played out in relationships, and how we can see the court cards in spread positions to indicate the types of influences that a person is dealing with. I point these out just to introduce other views into how the Tarot can offer a great number of tools for us to use. Perhaps we can explore these and other practices once the 21 Ways exercises are done. Dave

flowerpower

To dadsnook2000

Thank you for the information! I'm interested in checking out this book and finding out more about the Kings.

Jewel

For Flowerpower

Remind me next time we get together to pull out my Tarot Court Cards book by Mary Greer and we can see what more she has to say. As you are working with the King of Wands you might find some interesting stuff in that book as well! :D