21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step SIX

coyoteblack

nice work nicki

I enjoyed thinking of the Lovers card as home kind of fun to think about.

le fey

Step 6: Druidcraft Queen of Swords

6:1.1 - Select 1 to 3 keywords or phrases that best describe the qualities of each suit in the DRUIDCRAFT TAROT.

Wands
Fire - inspiration, energy, ambition
Air - initiation, power, leadership
Earth - generative force, desire, spiritual realm

Cups
Water - relationships, moods, imagination
Air - love, home, festivities
Fire - creativity, emotions, music

Swords
Air - problem-solving, analysis, acuity
Fire - courage, beliefs, conquest
Earth - practicality, hardship, struggle
Water - obstacles to defeat, necessity, negative emotions

Pentacles
Earth - security, being grounded, fruits of labor, results
Air - trade, health, finances
Fire - family orientation

6.1.2 - Which suit/element keywords best describe the qualities of the QUEEN OF SWORDS?

problem-solving
courage
acuity
integration

(primarily air with a hint of fire?)

The Queen of Swords appears to be courageously facing problems head on (seated facing into the wind), and not merely reacting to them - rather, she is hanging on to her sword (thought processes), and watchfully examining the situation from a high altitude (mental acuity) in order to integrate her environment according to the information received. She's prepared to take action if necessary, but not before fully analyzing the situation.

6:2.1 - Examine each of the 4 modes and select 1 to 3 keywords that speak to you in a reading.

Court Cards
roles
attitude
style

Minor Arcana Pips
situation
events
actions

Major Arcana
cause
lesson
milestone

Aces
element
energy
potential

6:2.2 - Separate your deck into the 4 modes. From which does the QUEEN OF SWORDS come? What does that suggest about its significance?

The Queen of Swords comes from the Courts mode. This suggests to me that this card has to do with describing a person taking on the role or having the attitude of of the Queen of Swords. As a Queen, she nurtures or reflects on matters of her element - swords and mental activity.

Therefore, this card might refer to the role of one who receives information, processes it and nurtures it (taking bits of data and analyzing it until it becomes an integrated information set?) and is able to assess the situation with clarity and objectivity. If you want the support of someone who is able to cut through the crap and see what's really going on, this would be a good person to seek out. If you need to objectively gain clarity about your own situation, you may wish to set aside emotional reactions and take on the role of this queen.

On the downside, this also may describe a person who tends to hold onto ideas and beliefs and maintains them (because Queens nurture and support), rather than being willing to let them go when they've outlived their usefulness.

Jewel

le fey said:
On the downside, this also may describe a person who tends to hold onto ideas and beliefs and maintains them (because Queens nurture and support), rather than being willing to let them go when they've outlived their usefulness.
Le Fey, I really liked what you said here. I never thought of that aspect of the queens or of supporting in that context, but it does make a lot of sense.

Bluecat

5 swords - Revelations deck

WANDS - energy, power, leadership
CUPS - feelings, emotions, dreams
SWORDS - analysis, tests of the mind, mental processes
PENTACLES - value, craftmanship, rewards for accomplishment

To me the air element is representative of the Revelations 5 swords - my chosen words for this card are anaylsis, struggle, test of the mind, pessimism.

My card comes from the number cards - this suggests to me that the card is part of a cycle that is happening and is therefore going to change - it is not a permanent situation (phew!).

(still need to work on the four modes bit of this question)

Starling

Wow was this hard, and it was also very deep. I had to actually work this out in my journal first and I'm just copying and pasting here. This is the kind of thing I've just read about but haven't ever really dug into before.

Qualities of Each Suit

Wands/Fire – Energy, inspiration, risk.

Cups/Water – Emotions, relationships, nurturing.

Swords/Air – Struggle and strategy, will, thought

Pentacles/Earth – Security, skills, rewards and fruits of labor

The 5 of Swords show the Swords/Air keywords very well. The card is about Struggle and Strategy, about how the people in the card thought the struggle would work out and how it actually worked out, and about the status of the Will of each of the players.

Modes: Alruna put it this way, and NOTHING has spoken to me as much as this simple explanation of the Modes of Tarot has. So I’m copying it and adding just a bit of my own thinking.

Court cards – Who? Attitude, aspect of role or job. Who are you? Who are they?
Number Cards – What? The situation, life events, actions. What is actually going on here?
Major Arcana – Why? Archetypal energies, lesson to be learned. Why is this happening?
Aces – Where? Realm of greatest potential, beginnings, fundamental energies. Where is the essence of this situation?

The 5 of Swords is a Number Card. It asks “What is this struggle in your life?” It also offers three different possibilities for who you are in the struggle because in any struggle you can win, you can lose, or you can walk away taking an important lesson with you which the winner can’t take from you, and the loser never sees.

The last Step was about Number. The number 5 is about motion, time and change and alteration according to Mary Greer. So far, even with the pure intuitive stuff I've done with this card, I've been talking about how the situation of the three figures in the card has been changed by the struggle they engaged in just before the time shown on the card. So, in this case at least, the card is also saying WHEN did the struggle happen? The struggle in this card is over. What is going on now is dealing with the results of the struggle. Which one of the figures is YOU?

flowerpower

21 Ways - Step 6 Universal Waite

6.1.1 - Keywords for the suits
Cups/water - feelings, nourishment, intuition
Wands/fire - inspiration, creativity, passion
Swords/air - analysis, strategy, understanding
Pentacles/earth - final result, actualization, health & fitness

6.1.2 - My card is the King of Wands, which is a court card and the suit/element keywords that best describe it are: inspiration, innovation and ambition.

6.2.1 - Keywords related to mode that speak to me
Court Cards - (they ask the question who?) - an aspect of personality, a way of relating to others
Number Cards - (ask the question what?) - the situation, life events, what is going on
Major Arcana - (ask the question why?) - the cause, a lesson to be learned
Aces - (ask the question where?) - the element or spere of greatest potential, beginnings

6.2.2 - My card is the King of Wands and comes from the mode of the court cards. The significance of this implies my card refers to an aspect of personality or a way of relating to others. Combined with the suite/element of my card this implies an aspect of my personality or the way I need to relate to others involves inspiration, creativity and passion.

Jewel

Flowerpower, I love your key words for the Suit of Swords, those are very positive descriptions for a suit that is often mis-understood and seen as negative. Excellent work!

bryghtrose

Step 6-- Robin Wood 2 of Swords

Wands/Fire: Energy, desire
Cups/Water: Family, emotions
Swords/Air: Conflict, intelligence
Pentacles/Earth: Work, material goods, physical world

The Two of Swords perfectly pictures a mental conflict. This card is also pessimistic

Court Cards: Aspects of personality attitude
Number Cards: Situations, events
Major Arcana: Archetypes, lessons
Aces: Beginnings, elements

My card is a number card. It is speaking to a specific situation or event, or a particular idea that I am struggling with. This tells me that it isn't a major life lesson, or another person I'm dealing with. It means that this is a specific thing that I have to deal with.

dadsnook2000

Your doing great

These early steps are quite important as they shape the way we look at later steps. I'm happy to see others continuing to follow this path that has given me and others so much insight. Right now, I'm starting the sixth step in the Adept level but those of us who are now pursuing that path continue to monitor this path as well. If you ever have questions ask. Dave

Verdi

Wands – fire; Enthusiasm Creativity Action
Cups – water: Relationships Empathy Inner processes
Swords – air: Decision Communication Understanding
Pentacles – earth: Skills Fruits of labour Security

The High Priestess
Water: Receptive, empathic, feeling.

Court: Who; an aspect of personality, job or role, energy personified
Minors: What; what is going on, the situation
Majors: Why; archetypal energies, psychospiritual needs. The cause
Aces: Where; the realm of greatest potential, new opportunities

The High Priestess
From the major arcane, water element. I understand my card to be a looking into ones higher self, examining your inner spiritual wellbeing. Connecting mind and spirit. So I would be asking: Are there feelings to be examined? how is the spirit? Is there a connection between the body and spirit? What is the cause of the spiritual, emotional change or pain? Are you starting on a journey to you inner self? are you ready? What can you do to get ready?

Verdi :)
Ps: many thanks Dave for this study group and that though a bit late out, i can follow the steps after you guys. Lots and lots og good things here. :)