21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step SEVEN

aurorarose

Step 7 Rider Waite Temperance
Page of Pentacles: Someone who is beginning a college education which will prepare them for a financially stable career.

Eight of Swords: Someone is locked in a certain way of thinking and they are unable to see the other possible courses of action which would allow them even greater freedom.

Wheel of Fortune (10): When one reaches a level of spiritual fulfillment then they must begin to help others so that they too can reach that level

Ace of Cups: Someone has just began to develop their intuitive skills and this has also opened them to possibilities of a greater range of emotions

Temperance Number/Element/Mode: You are inspired to improve humanity through service.

Temperance +Description/Emotion/Fairytale: It is not easy to do what is right. It often requires discipline and sacrifice, but that is the path will bring the greatest fulfillment.

AAKK Sorry I double posted the second post has more meat so if this one could be deleted that would be great. Thanks

aurorarose

Step 7 Rider Waite Temperance
Page of Pentacles: Someone who is beginning a college education which will prepare them for a financially stable career.

Eight of Swords: Someone is locked in a certain way of thinking and they are unable to see the other possible courses of action which would allow them even greater freedom.

Wheel of Fortune (10): When one reaches a level of spiritual fulfillment then they must begin to help others so that they too can reach that level

Ace of Cups: Someone has just began to develop their intuitive skills and this has also opened them to possibilities of a greater range of emotions

Temperance Number/Element/Mode:
-You are inspired to improve humanity through service.
- It is necessary to step it up in your spiritual life to reach the next level
- You need to adapt your mindset to fit your new situation

The truest statement is about adapting to a new situation, I am living in a new city for the summer. I am working not studying. Even though when I am at school there are deadlines, structure and classes for the most part I am my own boss. Now I have to work certain hours, on certain projects, in a certain manner, but on my free time I am really free, there isn’t any studying constantly looming over me. I don’t think I will have trouble adapting, but I need to be aware of the different requirements in my life now

Temperance +Description/Emotion/Fairytale: It is not easy to do what is right. It often requires discipline and sacrifice, but that is the path will bring the greatest fulfillment.

dadsnook2000

For aurorarose and others

Aurorarose, you have been working hard to catch up with the list and doing well. Do take the time to enjoy each step and don't feel that you are on a treadmill.

For EVERYONE: I will post step 16 on Thursday night or Friday morning so that everyone can have some comfort time. I have looked at Step 16 briefly and it will require each of us to stretch ourselves further but in a fun way. Dave

aurorarose

Dadsnook- Thanks for the note. Some of the steps seem to come faster than others. I spent much more time on the story.

It would be *nice* to catch up, because sometimes I don't know if I am getting the steps right and doing them with everyone else might clear up some of my confusion.

For instance in this step I felt like some of my synthesis statments for the Ace of Cups especially were pretty lame, and none of my synthesis statments *matched* either the book suggestions or really anyone elses. I wonder if I just have a different approach, way of thinking, or if I am missing something.

Anyways if anyone would be willing to come back to these steps for a minute or two and chat with me that would awesome.

dadsnook2000

For aurorarose

If you had completely missed the boat I would have probably sent you a PM with a suggestion or two. I don't try to judge the quality of effort, just the direction of effort relative to what the book is trying to guide us toward.

Consider this, if I or anyone else was to say, "That is wrong, it doesn't really apply to this card at all" we would be the ones in the wrong.
** Each of us works to our own best level. Who can say where someone else is on their path of learning and understanding.
** Who knows the full context of where another is coming from? If I had just broken up with a lover, my take on the Ace of Cups, Eight of Cups, or Ten of Pentacles would be quite twisted from some book meaning.
** If someone is relating a card to the past, the present or the anticipated or hoped for future, then the meanings change again.

There is an acceptable level of Tarot understanding for each of us at this point. We have chosen to raise that level, and ourselves. For each of us there are those who desire a reading or advice, and there level of receptiveness matches our level of giving. We are all in sync. Dave

coyoteblack

A really awesome thing about this group is no one judges you . Maybe a few questions or statements but that is it.

We all look forward to more people ! for a minute there we were oly going to go on with 4 or 5 people.

Jewel

For Aurorarose

Several if not all of us come back and read the threads as new members of the study group post. One of the things I have learned about 21 Ways is that it is much much more than a tarot workbook, it takes you on a journey through each exercise. As Dave noted we will each follow the steps based on where we are, so don't worry if your answers are different from everyone elses. What is important here is the journey, and I think we will take away much more than we ever thought we would from this.

This is a very supportive and quite cohesive group. If you want feedback, or to discuss something specific please feel free to include that in your post and we will respond. We may not always post, but we are always here :)

geministar

I just wanted to thank everyone first for their comments about learning, thoughts and how everyone is different. If we all thought the same these study groups would be so boring!

I have been scared to post some of these steps because I feel they go pretty deep within, but I am determined to continue and I will post. A bit of fear too in that "I hope Im right".

I had a bit of trouble with this step. I didnt realise how much work would be involved until I started getting into it. I guess I thought I would just fly through all the steps, so really, I have been surprised by how hard this book makes you work.

Anyway, I'll now post this step.

Step 7 - Druidcraft Tarot - The Moon

Here are the synthesis statements I came up with after scribbling keywords down in my book.

Page of Pentacles

- Final results being delivered
- Feeling secure about a new beginning
- A young person interested in learning more about finances
- Becoming open to manifesting dreams to reality

8 of Swords

- Struggle to take control of a situation
- Adjustment to what is currently going on
- Conflicting thoughts delay the process
- Deciding on what direction to take next

Wheel of Fortune

- Energy in preparation for a new cycle
- Fulfillment in an occupation
- New beginnings bring energy and a feeling of renewal
- Ambitious moves cause more responsibility

Ace of Cups

- New beginnings in relationships
- Having the energy to fulfill your dreams
- A new idea brings pleasure
- THe pleasure of giving/receiving a gift

My Card: The Moon

- Strength to overcome emotional needs
- An emotional reactions to nightly dreams
- Having the patience to bring dreams to reality
- Feeling of solitude can create nostalgia
- Awareness of moods

Most of these statement feel true at one point or another. The one most true to me now probably is "having the patience to bring dreams to reality", because if I want something, I usually want it now, but I have to remember to take the steps inbetween to get to the place I want to go.

Synthesis of my card and story:

- Have the strength to overcome fears
- Happy friendships bring joy and pleasure

dadsnook2000

Nice observations

Yes, sometimes when I read the next step within the book a feeling of being overwhelmed flashes before me. But, that is the nature of challenges, they demand more than just a simple response in most cases. As I have gone thru these steps I have gained more "tools" for understanding my cards. That will take ongoing effort after this whole exercise to solidify those gains and make them part of card usage forever. But, once gained, a real tarot blessing has been received.

I know that Mary Greer takes time to review these efforts -- she values each of our efforts not only as a mentor who takes pride in the accomplishments of others but also because it helps her better understand how to more effectively communicate with her public following. We all gain so much from this experience, don't we. We look forward to your following steps. Dave

faunabay

Universal Fantasy - Knight of Swords

7:1
Page of Pents: Is about a person who is steadfast in learning. Who is curious, always searching for knowledge but also can be a messenger to pass on something to others.
8 of Swords: Is about a life situation in which the movement and direction of 8's has been blocked by the mental processes and conflicts of the swords/mind.
Wheel of Fortune: Is an archtypal energy that talks of optimism.
Ace of cups: Is about new opportunities in which the potential and inspiration of the Aces merge with the receptivity and joy of the cups/emotions.

7:1:2
The Knight of Swords is about a person who is seeking adventure. Who uses the mental reasoning of swords to strategize the best way to come out ahead and the arrogant aspect of the knights to jump right in.

....is a person who is challenging and headstrong but also uses the problem solving and analitical properties of swords/mind.

I connect with the first one the most right now. You've got the impulsiveness of the knight balanced with the reasoning and mental properties of swords.

As to how this relates to me....this has really just been me period. :) I have realized for a long time that I try to understand and overanalize things WAY too much. I always want to know why something is happening or has happened. If I know why it doesn't bother me as much! :)
But I also love change and adventure. It drives me crazy to be in a rut! My mind gets bored, then I get depressed, and it goes down hill from there. I need to be mentally challenged while doing something to be satisfied. It has to be mental AND physical though. I'm not much for learning from books. I learn best from doing!

7:1:3
The knight of swords is about a person who confidently steps out into the unknown. She is looking for adventure but at the same time knows she can handle anything that comes up almost to the point of being arrogant.