21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step EIGHT -- part two.

tarot4fun

rachelcat said:
....THANK you for leading us so well and ... everyone in the group and on the forum for making this a safe place for this exploration.....
Agreed!
Thanks Dave, and a special thanks to Mary Greer

tarot4fun

21 Ways - Step Eight pt. 2

Golden Tarot - Eight of Swords

8:2_1
Metaphors and sayings for my chosen card:

_Out in the cold
_In a tight/tough spot
_Alone in the dark
_Bound and gagged -well, blindfolded
_Alone and forsaken
_Bound to lose
_Hopeless situation
_Struggling to get free
_Blind as a bat
_All tied up
_Sharks to the left, sharks to the right
_Stone cold
_Chilled to the bone
_The path less trodden

8:2_2
Above list made into personal/card statements:

_“I am all tied up, struggling to get free.”
_ “I am alone and forsaken, out in the cold.”
_“I am on the path less trodden.”
_“I am chilled to the bone and stone cold.”
_“I am alone in the dark and blind as a bat."
_"I am bound and gagged, in a hopeless situation."
_"I'm in a tight/tough spot."
_"It feels like there are sharks to the left, sharks to the right of me."

8:2_3
I don’t feel these ways now. The Eight of Swords represents the times in my life when I recognized abuse and made the decision to ‘get out of Dodge!’

Jewel

rachelcat said:
I DO blame (and you should read this as THANK) Mary Greer for her wonderful work. And I (blame)THANK you for leading us so well and blame(THANK) everyone in the group and on the forum for making this a safe place for this exploration. Without this book's and this study group's REPEATEDLY deeper and deeper focus on one card, I would be zipping along, studying more and more esoteric little tidbits and continually shying away from anything that implies actually studying MYSELF.

I was tempted to follow your lead and pick a new card, but now I think I should continue and see just how DEEP I can go into this one--21 Steps deep (at least)! Thanks again!
Rachelcat, I really empathize with how you feel. Although I guess I have tip-toed around my need for "me time" and time for "spiritual development" the bottom line is I share your "gilded cage" or whatever you want to call it. I have also found exploring my card to really keep digging at this and like you I plan to ride it out with my card. Perhaps if I get beat over the head with it enough I will figure out what to do about it and how to do it.

Jewel

Step 8 part 2 - Fantastic Menagerie

STEP 8.2
CARD: The Star
DECK: Fantastic Meangerie
Card can be seen here: http://www.fantasticmenagerie.com/Majors2.htm

8:2.1. Metaphors adn sayings related to my chosen card:
- At peace with the world
- Slice of heaven
- Nature has a way of creating balance
- It all works out in the end
- Inner peace
- Time to smell the roses
- Balance and harmony
- Connectedness with self
- Spiritual awareness
- A sense of "one-ness"
- We are all connected

8:2.2 Finish the sentence with the metaphors:

a) I am at peace with the world.
I am at one with the world.
I am a part of the whole.
I am connected with myself.
I am spiritually aware.

b) The bird-woman feels at one with herself.
The situation feels like a slice of heaven.
The bird-woman feels like an integral part of nature.
The situation feels like a dream.

8:2.3. I really can only come up with one real metaphor. It was really hard finding metaphors to match what I see on my card. What the metaphor I did come up with suggests about my situation is that I seek to feel connected to a the world and to myself in a very intimate way. To really be able to feel, live, and breathe that connection and fined peace and solace in that.

aurorarose

Step 8 Rider Waite Temperance

I didn't realize that you guys had split up the steps, that may have been easier, but I did it all at once. This second part was even more of a struggle for me because Temperance has a fairly abstract meaning, I didn't use any expressions when describing my card, I dont' use many expressions in my vocabulary.

Still waters run deep
The more things change the more they stay the same
Everything in moderation
Pour out your heart
Don’t let the grass grow under your feet

I am standing over still waters
I am pouring my heart out
I am trying to keep everything in moderation
I am trying to not let the grass grow under my feet

The situation in the card feels unstable and the figure in the card feels drained and hurried
However in spite of this the situation also feels like it is under control.

I think this implies the instability of starting a new situation, I am over the *giddiness* and now actually have to do the work of adjusting, it is hard work and rather tiring.

I am going stop for a while at this step for a while to figure out why I struggle so much with it. Any suggestions are always welcome.

Jewel

aurorarose said:
I am going stop for a while at this step for a while to figure out why I struggle so much with it. Any suggestions are always welcome.
aurorarose, do take a break if you need one no point burning yourself out. Like I mentioned in my post in the other thread for this step, I also struggled with this one, and probably because like you I just don't think this way. It was very "un-natural" for me. I have the Star card, and one that is not quite traditional so she did not seem to fit any metaphors I knew and her meaning is quite broad as well.

I also note that you are experiencing some of the "reversed" aspects in your current experiences, thank you for sharing those as they have helped my understanding of the Temperance card.

geministar

Step 8b, The Druidcraft Tarot, The Moon

1. - By the light of the moon
- Everyone has a dark side
- Howl at the moon
- If you miss the stars, you will still hit the moon
- There is something haunting about the moon
- The moon's gaze
- Reach for the moon
- Man on the moon
- Once in a blue moon
- Dark side of the moon
- Full Moon Dirty Hearts

2. I am reaching for the moon. For instance, I am reaching for my highest goal/potential. This is a nice saying giving a warm feeling but trying not to put too much competition into it (with myself).

I am by the light of the moon. For instance, I am walking on a pathway in the dark with only the moon to guide me. The situation feels a bit scary and creepy.

3. Everyone has a dark side suggests to me that there is more than one mood to people. There is to me, being gemini!

Reaching to the moon suggests that I want the best out of life.

faunabay

Universal Fantasy - Knight of Swords

Step 8 - second part

8:2
1) "Ready to go"
"Sword at the ready"
"quietly confident"
"flags flying high"

2) I am quietly confident.
I have my sword at the ready.
"I am ready to go"

3) This tells me that I am ready for anything. I may not feel like that all the time, but for the most part I am quietly confident about things and how I can and will handle anything. I am to the point that it really irritates me when people are wishy-washy about things. "Don't you KNOW what you want? I DO!"

nicki

21 ways to read a tarot card - Step 8 - part 2

Step 8.2 a My metaphores for The Lovers – Thoth Tarot

you are the sunshine of my life
apple of my eye
love and marriage
jumping for joy
for better for worse
cupids arrow

Step 8.2 b Use metaphors in a sentence

There’s a song with the lyrics sunshine of my life, think it’s a stevie wonder song!!
My dad used to call me the apple of his eye.
Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage.
When I met my partner my mum said I was jumping for joy and she knew he was right for me.
For better or worse in sickness and health (been to 2 weddings in 8 weeks).
Being shot by cupids arrow.

Step 8.2 c What do these metaphors suggest about our own situation?

It was interesting reading Dave’s little sentence about why we chose a certain card, I hadn’t really thought about it until now. The past 6 or 7 months have been dominated by my relationship, ups and downs. Due to outside influences my partner had to move out to care for his daughters, this put a huge strain on us, as I’m not allowed (ex wife has issues) to have contact with his children. So we have had to change and re-evaluate our relationship and much to the disappointment of the ex wife, the struggles and difficulties have actually made us stronger as a couple, where it could have driven us apart. Someone actually said to me that if we get through this stage then we are meant to be together, so this exercise has been quite interesting for me.

nicki

coyoteblack

Nicki very very nice I almost want to shout Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!