21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step FOURTEEN

coyoteblack

ahh rachelcat I am so falling in like with you. I lke my celtic dragon deck but i wont even try and rrad with it . My brain starts to hurt . that crystal deck would drive me to the looney bin.

rachelcat

Ok, coyote, I'm blushing now!!

Maybe for the "Adept" portion of the study, I'll use the Crystal!!! But I expect you to be stand by with the fire extinguisher!

Jewel

rachelcat said:
And I think the Crystal is one of the most beautiful decks in existance, bar none, but cups are air and swords are water. Could it be my ONE deck? Argghh! Flames are shooting from my ears!!!!
Swords = water Cups = Air ...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That just really does not work for me on ANY level, and NEVER will not matter what ANYONE says *LOL*.

I am willing to give a shot to the Swords = fire, Wands = Air doubt it will ever change my preference but I think I will be able to relate and deal with it OK. Call me obtuse and close minded, but for me Cups = water. Bottom line, end of story!

Good luck with the Crystal ...

Rachelcat ... I really enjoyed how you discovered things in you cards throughout the step that you had no idea were there. Particularly that they resulted in creating a balance for you.

coyoteblack

rachelcat said:
Ok, coyote, I'm blushing now!!

Maybe for the "Adept" portion of the study, I'll use the Crystal!!! But I expect you to be stand by with the fire extinguisher!

I will be waiting with the fire extinguisher! this might be to bog for that though. A few years from now I might try swords fire wands air but like jewel said cups = water no matter what ay thing else might cause a internam armageddon.

and jewel there is no way will i call a woman obtuse sounds to much like obese which would rsult in me getting kicked in my red charkara and that would not be fun at all

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
and jewel there is no way will i call a woman obtuse sounds to much like obese which would rsult in me getting kicked in my red charkara and that would not be fun at all
*ROFLMAO* .....

coyoteblack said:
like jewel said cups = water no matter what ay thing else might cause a internam armageddon.
Yes, Yes, that is what I was trying to say!

rachelcat

Scans, Finally

Hi, friends. Just wanted to let you know I edited my posts to add scans of my cards. (And bad scans they are. I couldn't figure out how to use the scanner to its best advantage. Try clicking on Zoom to 100% at the top of the screen. That should help.)

I added these LS Manga cards to my posts in these step threads:

4 Wands to Step 1
5 Coins to Step 8 Part 1
9 Coins, Prince of Swords, and Chariot to Step 11
Princess of Swords, 4 Wands, and Tower to Step 12
and the same to Step 14 (this thread!)

squeakmo9

Amazing cards RachelCat!
Looks like your fem side has many, many sides. When I look at them side to side, the Princess of Swords looks like a guy as does the Tower warrior. So there is a cool blend between male/female energy. The 4 of Wands seems to confirm that therre is a girly girl within all of them, but I wouldn't mess with any of them, lol!
As weird as it sounds, I could sense the 3 of cups in these 3 figures...like the ever changing phases of your life.
The Princess of Swords as defending, establishing yourself.
The 4 of Wands perhaps indicating a more mellow phase, when starting a family, establishing roots. The Tower as standing for the bigger picture, your values you are willing to fight for...I keep getting "for king and country", lol!
Great jumbo scans!

rachelcat

squeakmo9 said:
like the ever changing phases of your life.
The Princess of Swords as defending, establishing yourself.
The 4 of Wands perhaps indicating a more mellow phase, when starting a family, establishing roots. The Tower as standing for the bigger picture, your values you are willing to fight for...I keep getting "for king and country", lol!

Wow, that's very interesting, squeak! In one of my posts I was telling about how I have an Aries South Node, which supposedly means I have over-learned the lesson of survival and self-defense--like you said--defending! And that's the past. Hopefully, I'm learning to mellow here in the present, and wil use my "warrior training" only for very important things ("king and country"?) in the future.

Thanks so much for your insight!

(Beautiful deck, isn't it?!)

nicki

21 ways to read a tarot card - step 14

Step 14 ~ Dignity & Theme

Step 14.1 Look at your chosen card and two additional cards, list the similarities and differences among them. What do these suggest?

Card 1 ~ The Lovers
Card 2 ~ Art (Temperance)
Card 3 ~ Princess of Swords

Similarities between the Lovers & Art
Both are major arcana cards, both show lion and eagle, both show a golden chalice/cup, the colours orange & yellow appears frequently in both cards, the markings on the dress in the Art card are the same as the robes of the Emperor and Empress on the Lovers card, both are even numbered cards, each card has a large dominating figure and there is a presence of opposites in each card.

Differences between the Lovers and Art
There’s only one figure on the Art card, there is a lot of green and blue in the Art card non on the Lovers, there are children on the Lovers card, the eagle and lion on the Art are opposite of what they were on the Lovers.

Similarities between the Lovers & Princess of Swords
There is a female in both cards and there is yellow in both cards.

Differences between the Lovers and Princess of Swords
There is only one figure in the Princess of Swords there’s several in the Lovers, a feeling of fighting in Princess of Swords whereas there is happiness in the Lovers, feeling of loneliness and solitude with Princess of Swords not with the Lovers, the colours in the Princess of Swords are dark and brooding not in the Lovers, there are no animals in the Princess of Swords, one is major arcana and one is a court card.

Similarities between Art & Princess of Swords
One figure in each card, each figure is female, each figure is clothed in green, there is green, yellow and blue in each card,

Differences between Art & Princess of Swords
One is major arcana and one is a court card, Art has animals in it.

What do these similarities and differences suggest?

As the first two cards are major arcana cards this suggests something big. Maybe a choice or decision that has to be made in the Lovers, that carries onto Art and advises me to look to myself for the answers and not to take heed of others. Finally onto the Princess of Swords where I am blasting away the clouds that have hung over me.

nicki

dadsnook2000

For nicki

I had some difficulty with this step at the time I was doing it, not because of the cards or reading the cards, but because I was in a "down" mood. For me, the reading of the three cards as a spread to show what I was experiencing, what I could do about it, what I needed to focus upon as an outcome, was a really neat way of finding the path forward. Once I did that, it tied the three card's meanings together for me and made the "similarities-differences" more meaningful. Perhaps you might wish to try reading these cards as a spread.

Sometimes we can get caught up in the rush of just moving through the steps. If we do that we miss some of the value in each lesson. I don't want to see you rush yourself. We will be activating the discussion thread soon about how we want to proceed with the Adept-Level of the 21 steps, but you won't be behind to any degree when we start that. I've been on vacation for awhile but will be mostly active again as the next week or so passes. Dave