21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step SIXTEEN

Prism

I drew The World card. I hated the thought of doing this exercise. I hate drawing. I'm terrible at it. I hate playing Pictionary too.

But -- I did it and it did make me see some things in the card that I hadn't noticed before, in part because I hadn't looked at it as closely as I did when I tried to draw it. Here is what I saw:

The image is lit from above. The wreath of laurel leaves is brighter at the top, presumably as it moves toward the spirit.

The man is looking up. Now it makes more sense that he represents air.

The eagle is holding something in its mouth.

The bull is wearing a crown.

The lion looks like it's smiling, or is that just my interpretation? I guess he could be snarling.

The woman, whose body is turned away from us, has turned her head back to look at us, which to me says that she is not at all interested in leaving the world. She wants to make sure we are right behind her. Also, she is balancing easily and lightly on just the toe of one foot. She could only be doing that if she is moving, dancing, which seems to say that her journey is just about to begin all over again.

In addition to the oval created by the wreath, which can represent 0 or the Fool and the beginning of a new journey, the woman's arms holding the wands over her head form almost another 0, emphasizing that she will be entering the world again.

SistaSpirit

21 Ways...Step Sixteen

Ok I drew the Emperor. It came out better than I thought. Drawing is not one of my talents plus I had to chop the image up before I could load it.

Actually I'm pretty proud of it. Normally I would have been too embarrassed to do it thinking it wouldn't be good enough. I guess I'm beginning to let go. smiles.

I didn't change a thing, I tried to make his as he was. His energy is very necessary at times as long as I'm mindful not to slip into the shadow of the archetype.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 882

Probie

Rider-Waite-Smith
7/The Chariot

I was surprised it wasn’t as bad as I thought! I guess when I stopped downing myself, it was actually quite fun. I have downed myself far too long and now I have to knock it off and maybe even believe in myself a bit while I’m at it [when it comes to drawing]. I think I fell (or “allowed myself to fall”) into this trap about having lack of artistic talent because I have equated “drawing good” with being artistic. Now that is something that is wrong!

I noticed the charioteer has a seven-pointed star and that’s not on accident. I also emphasized the one sphinx’s breasts because sometimes the feminine aspect of this steed is lost in other RWS clones. Another key note of something I see in the Thoth Tarot is the winged orb that appears on the front of the chariot. This also seems lost in translation. Neat stuff!

Attachments

• 7-The Chariot.jpg
    7-The Chariot.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 533

squeakmo9

Nice job Probie! I really enjoyed this step and perhaps it's because I AM NOT a professional artist as well, lol. Something about it was very freeing for me and informative.

dadsnook2000

Emphasis in the drawing

I noticed in the drawing that the stars, the head, arms of the charioteer are most heavily drawn, darker, emphasized. This may be because you were less sure of drawing the horses. But, if not, the personality and stellar focus of this man in control is important to you. We learn from these exercises, all of them, and we learn from the sharing process. Thank you. Dave

Probie

Thanks you two!

It was one of those things. I just sort of went with it. I was surprised it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Certainly no art gallery piece, but it could go up on the fridge...:D

fractalgranny

it wasn't anything special for me, either, there was nothing new that i discovered other than the fact that i liked the font for the name of the card :)

Hemera

Vampyres Tarot~The Empress

Here is my take on the Empress.
I really enjoyed making this picture!

Here are the differences to the original that I find significant:

The original Empress:
-sad
-facing the viewer
-she is a Vampyre
-it is summer (the apples are green and still raw)

My Empress:
-not sad
-looking to her left
-Priestess/Goddess, not a Vampyre
-it is autumn

Attachments

• The Empress.jpg
    The Empress.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 548

Tarot Orat

Holy smokes, Hemera, that is a really innovative technique and an incredible image! Have you ever made or thought of making a Tarot deck?

squeakmo9

That's brilliant Hemera!