Your Experiences With The Game Crafter

blue_fusion

Just wanting to hear (well, read) people's experiences with TGC, both from creators and buyers. Just looking into things. Might be doing a deck, and, well, just scouting ahead.

Thanks!

-Ly

HudsonGray

Their framing on the cuts is far better now, they fixed that issue.

Shipping out of country is $$$$$$.

blue_fusion

Their framing on the cuts is far better now, they fixed that issue.

Shipping out of country is $$$$$$.

So I've read from previous posts. What makes it so expensive?

have you tried printing/buying from them?

-Ly

HudsonGray

I'll be looking into it for my next deck, but the art is a long way from being done at this point.

The expense for overseas is the shipping cost the post office charges. Canada used to cost just over $3 to ship a 5 ounce deck to, it's $8 now. Europe used to be $6, I had a quote for $23 last time I checked the weight of the package (it was in a manila envelope, to keep the weight total down).

You pay by the ounce now. There's no more surface mail rate. Costs go up every year with the postal increases.

blue_fusion

I'll be looking into it for my next deck, but the art is a long way from being done at this point.

The expense for overseas is the shipping cost the post office charges. Canada used to cost just over $3 to ship a 5 ounce deck to, it's $8 now. Europe used to be $6, I had a quote for $23 last time I checked the weight of the package (it was in a manila envelope, to keep the weight total down).

You pay by the ounce now. There's no more surface mail rate. Costs go up every year with the postal increases.

I see, so it's not really a problem with TGC, but with the postal system itself? Sorry, I'm not US-based.

gregory

Yes, with the US postal system. It CAN help if people get together for a shipment. But not always.

ravynangel

deleted :)

blue_fusion

Asking a favor to anyone who has a deck printed by TGC (preferrably a recent one): how thick are 64 cards stacked together?

Thanks so very much!

-Ly

Richard

Asking a favor to anyone who has a deck printed by TGC (preferrably a recent one): how thick are 64 cards stacked together?

Thanks so very much!

-Ly
I have a recently printed 36 card Lennie deck from TGC which is 15 mm thick, so by proportionality, a 64 card deck with this card stock would be about 26.67 mm or 1.05 in.

blue_fusion

I have a recently printed 36 card Lennie deck from TGC which is 15 mm thick, so by proportionality, a 64 card deck with this card stock would be about 26.67 mm or 1.05 in.

Thanks much! :) Which of those in TGC is your Lennie?