Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Promise 

New blog posted!
Top   #331
Citizen

Sinduction 

I have got to stop doing my readings after midnight. I just have no desire to read at this time of night.
Top   #332
Citizen

Jyscal 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolin
I have a new post up on my blog. It's kind of silly... but we can't be serious all the time, right?
exactly. I think half the motivation behind this study group is to have fun.
Top   #333
Citizen

Gazel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnsdaughter
Already I am feeling more friendly with Llewellyn- it almost seems like the deck itself is warming up to me.

I am finding the stories in the guidebook to be very interesting... very well written. Now I think I have to get Ms. Ferguson's other deck, the Legend.
It it nice to feel connected with one's deck.
I think the Llewellyn is very beautiful, but how is the Llewellyn in regard to suit/elements correspondences.
Are swords connected with air or fire?
I like the legend, also because of the stories, but the fact that the swords are connected with fire, makes it hard for me to work with it.
Top   #334
Citizen

souljourney 

Gazel...
I'm not really one that likes Swords as Fire either. I will say sometimes I don't see much difference in the art or meaning though... so I kinda don't get it when artist says that, but then I can "read" it like Swords is air and Wands is fire.
Top   #335
Citizen

autumnsdaughter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazel
It it nice to feel connected with one's deck.
I think the Llewellyn is very beautiful, but how is the Llewellyn in regard to suit/elements correspondences.
Are swords connected with air or fire?
I like the legend, also because of the stories, but the fact that the swords are connected with fire, makes it hard for me to work with it.
Swords are connected with air, wands with fire, pentacles with earth, cups with water. Or at least, that's how the art looks to me. In the book, she switches up swords and wands, saying swords are about action and wands are about intellect... but that isn't in the cards- plus wands are all shades of yellow and orange, while swords are blues and purples. Elementally, for me that makes wands fire and swords air.
Top   #336
Citizen

souljourney 

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnsdaughter
Swords are connected with air, wands with fire, pentacles with earth, cups with water. Or at least, that's how the art looks to me. In the book, she switches up swords and wands, saying swords are about action and wands are about intellect... but that isn't in the cards- plus wands are all shades of yellow and orange, while swords are blues and purples. Elementally, for me that makes wands fire and swords air.
That's exactly what I mean...
Top   #337
Citizen

Promise 

I've got another reading posted.

Pardon the less-than-stellar quality of the pictures. My camera doesn't want to play nice today, and I don't feel like putting up much of a fight.
Top   #338
Citizen

epvitale 

New blog posted. Reflections on the King of Cups.
Top   #339
Citizen

mooncat2 

Quote:
I have a new post up on my blog. It's kind of silly... but we can't be serious all the time, right?
I loved it and don't think it's silly at all.

I've used the Magical Forest for my Thursday journaling prompt post.....it's a silly bit of fun too but I think having some fun and playing with a deck is great. The Magical Forest is perfect for that.
Top   #340

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.