Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

zan_chan

I LOVE the BG Empress! That idea that the reflection in the mirror is YOU the reader...gives my goosebumps. Enjoy it!

emmsma

I'm trying to not spend either (says the gal with several decks on the way). I'm finding I'm mostly drawn to TdM/Historical decks lately, so if I do buy, thats what they'll be.

I don't WANT to look for new things anymore and thats nice.

I am waiting a bit longer before I allow perusal of other decks. I want to be sure I'm just revisiting, and not "cheating". LOL. Since a big part of what I did with my decks was just browsing through, I - for now - feel that doing so would be a slip.

There are a few that I'd love to sit with, but don't feel its time yet.

Enochian is kinda asking for its own IDS some day. I greatly look forward to it.

pippi

thorhammer said:
It sounds like the PDR will be more your style, pippi - I had just fired off a search for you and then read your edit :) Glad you found it!

\m/ Kat
Thanks so much hon! :heart:

Cat*

Faolainn Storm said:
Speaking of the animals in the Greenwood - I was studying the Seer last week and I am still puzzled by the yellow animal on her cloak. According to the book it is a lion, yet to me it looks like a koala. :confused: What does it look like to you? Is it just me? I'm not sure I can move on with this until I can see the lion, (or come to terms with the koala :D).
I'm puzzled by that exact animal, too. To me, it most looks like a teddy bear, so I always need to consciously remember it's supposed to be a lion. I also don't understand what the lines coming from the head mean - blood? Do you have any idea about them?

I just spent an hour or so googling for "lion cave painting" but didn't find anything even remotely close to the creature on the Seer's cloak.

I did, however, find these:

A drawing of the deer-headed figure that appears on the Shaman: http://www.dailygusto.com/october/breuil-sorcerer.jpg

A Wikipedia article (with photos) of the lion woman statue from Strength: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_man
Another article on the same figure: http://www.donsmaps.com/lionlady.html

A huge and rather scientific article on Cave Bears: http://www.donsmaps.com/bear.html

And finally a huge list of websites dedicated to various prehistoric topics (it has a lot of references to Jean M. Auel's book series, too): http://www.donsmaps.com/sitemap.html

(One day I will collect all the Greenwood information from this thread and post a list of links over in the Deck Study area... It would be a pity if it got lost in the general IDS talk.)

2_Journey

Well, I did a really enlightening reading with the Four Elements yesterday. I think I'm going to type it up later and post it in Your Readings.

I've started toying with the idea of pulling out my pastels and starting a study deck creation project. I'm by no means an artist, but I think doing a card a week or so might be a good way to bump my tarot studies up a notch. I've been feeling sort of stagnant lately.

I also want to get some sort of IDS pledge written like others here have. Somehow this time I feel so much more comitted than I have in IDS's past. It'll be good to get my ideas codified and written down so I can look at it again if my remembrance of my intentions gets muddled.

I'm getting all these wonderful ideas! :D

Llynn

Officially my IDS finished yesterday but somehow I just can't give up the Master Tarot/Oracle. I like very much that there are no courts and suits in this deck - it makes me think that I should move over to the Oracle section! I had been thinking of changing to the Dreampower for a new IDS (the Majors and Courts only because I find the Minors are really off-putting.) But, this morning, I went straight to the Master for my three card draw so I'm taking the hint and staying with this deck even though I have actually finished the IDS :)

I have enjoyed reading the posts and wish everyone good luck with their studies. Seasons Greetings and very best wishes for a Happy New Year.

jcwirish

Oh my Gosh, it has been so hard to stay focussed this week. My Golden has been with me everywhere, but I just haven't had the time to study. We've got family and friends coming from out of town for the holiday, and then in the middle of it all, I received my Victorian Romantic, which has caused all kinds of distractions in my brain. I was even thinking of switching decks for half a minute there, but I'm back on track I think. I made a commitment to my Golden, and I'm sticking with it. The days are really busy with getting ready for Christmas, but I'm setting aside time in the evenings to get back to my studies.

It really helps to read this thread. I feel inspired by all of you, so thanks for your thoughts and words. I hope everyone is finding the time for their studies as well. Happy Holidays everyone!

Carla

I decided to start my IDS with pentacles, Ace of Pentacles. And to kick off, I tried the Entering a Card meditation in Mary Greer's book 'Tarot for Your Self'. I could only do it for a few minutes, because I got scared! I was scared to look behind me, looked only to my left. I watched the hand come out of the cloud with the big golden orb in it (that was cool) but I was afraid to move around in the new environment. I was too scared to look for other people or creatures, and definitely too scared to speak. I was afraid of what might appear or what might answer! So I turned and fled out of the card.

Has this ever happened to anyone? How can I overcome this fear of what will happen in the world of the card?

I could see beautiful greens and blues, felt a breeze, bright sunlight, and the sound of windchimes faintly in the air. I could smell those lily flowers, and I was surprised how instead of one little mountain in the distance, when I stepped into the card, the entire background was full of mountains behind that little green hedge. But I just couldn't speak, and was too spooked to invite anything to speak to me...

Should I bother trying this again? I cannot imagine how I would freak out in the Devil card! That card scares me just looking at the actual card!

hunter

The "purple KISS" is churning out some AWESOME readings. So little work, so much being spoon fed to me. I almost feel guilty.

If I'm going to do a reading, I should start my solstice reading, but I am still churned up by something that happened earlier this afternoon and I need a purple kiss, first, to make it all better, before I can start my solstice celebration and reading.

For those of you scratching your heads, sorry :-0 I like this and am going to stick with it for a bit.

thorhammer

emmsma said:
Enochian is kinda asking for its own IDS some day. I greatly look forward to it.
LOL Mine too :) But having read some basic information about Enochian Magick and the history and complexities of it . . . er, not yet :D I love the way the number grids work and all, but it's just not something my mind works well with, and learning it would be a truly painful exercise to me. But it's such a cool deck! I'm very happy to own it :)

\m/ Kat