Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation




 
Quester's Avatar
Quester  Quester is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 Oct 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 2,651
Quester 

Love all the little touches you are putting in this deck!! It is going to be a fun deck to work with!!
Top   #81
Alta's Avatar
Alta  Alta is offline
Golden Silvery Dionna
 
Join Date: 06 Aug 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 27,056
Alta 

I lost track of this for a while tarotlyn, as I have been away. The deck continues to have an unusually strong sweetness and charm. As you say, real bears do not have a huge range of poses, but you have managed to develop the theme through background images and your little touches on the bears.
Top   #82
tarotlyn's Avatar
tarotlyn  tarotlyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2007
Location: Spirit World in California, USA!
Posts: 6,702
tarotlyn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester View Post
Love all the little touches you are putting in this deck!! It is going to be a fun deck to work with!!
Thank you Quester! I am hoping that a person, (especially Gladys since she
is just learning tarot), will be able to just look at each card and be able to get some idea of
what it means or stands for without looking in a book. However, I am thinking of writing up
some meanings for a LWB if this deck is printed by a printer and has a box.

I am so happy you are following along...

tarotlyn





Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
I lost track of this for a while tarotlyn, as I have been away. The deck continues to have an unusually strong sweetness and charm. As you say, real bears do not have a huge range of poses, but you have managed to develop the theme through background images and your little touches on the bears.
Alta, how nice of you to say it is sweet and charming. Then I think I am capturing my neighbor's personality!

It is so odd that I have not thought of the cards as sweet and charming because I have
been so focused on the 'manipulating and creating' of these bears
Maybe when they are all done, I will be able to look at them all together and see what you see.
But right now I am just basically driven to finish as many as I can each day.

Last night I 'fixed' the Roman Numerals for the majors and spelled out numbers for the minors. It was a late night.

I woke up too early this morning...and just laid there and re-organized my bear folders, in my head
That is the key, I believe, to this whole process...being 'very' organized!

... then I drifted into a dream state between here and the Other Side, and I was being shown some things
about some of the cards that I am little concerned about creating (such as the Death, Devil, and Tower cards
...those may not be so sweet or charming! )
...and I can't remember exactly what the Spirits were showing and telling me to do (for these cards), but They were!
AND They put it all into my own Spirit and it will be there for me to draw upon when I need it.

So, glad you are watching, Alta...
tarotlyn
Note to self: It has been one week (today is 9/26/2011) and I have created 12 cards in 7 days.
Top   #83
kaleanna's Avatar
kaleanna  kaleanna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Dec 2009
Location: Here Be Dragons!
Posts: 14,507
kaleanna 

You are doing an amazing job tarotlyn, I have been trying to keep up with this thread though I don't get to post as much as I would like to.


I think it is really neat watching the progression of this deck.


Love the new hanged man card. And the king and queen of wands are so very regal. And love the purple touches in the empress card.
Top   #84
tarotlyn's Avatar
tarotlyn  tarotlyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2007
Location: Spirit World in California, USA!
Posts: 6,702
tarotlyn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleanna View Post
You are doing an amazing job tarotlyn, I have been trying to keep up with this thread though I don't get to post as much as I would like to.


I think it is really neat watching the progression of this deck.


Love the new hanged man card. And the king and queen of wands are so very regal. And love the purple touches in the empress card.
Thank you kaleanna, glad you are watching and I am so happy that you like what I am doing.

I hope I don't disappoint you with the rest of the cards...trying my best...

tarotlyn
Top   #85
GryffinSong's Avatar
GryffinSong  GryffinSong is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 May 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,356
GryffinSong 

Aww, what a sweet 10 of wands. This is so fun watching you make these!!!
Top   #86
tarotlyn's Avatar
tarotlyn  tarotlyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2007
Location: Spirit World in California, USA!
Posts: 6,702
tarotlyn 
What??? Missing card post?


WOW...What happened???

I posted another card (Knight of Coins) late last night...BUT...where is he?

I don't see the post YIKES!!! ... I don't even remember exactly what I said now...so...

I am posting him again...hope you like him. I hope I captured his simple, slow, solid self.
Like he is going to get there with your money, but he is sure and not in a hurry.

...also Thanks! GryffinSong for your great comments about the 10 of Wands!

tarotlyn

ETA: Oh, I now remember a little of what I said. That the simple cards are the hardest for me
because you have to be so exact or it sticks out like a sore thumb. I also said that this card
was made up of several (actually MANY) different pieces of background and a lot of the
stuff on this card I drew free handed. I know it is not perfect, but that was the only way
I could finish this card! Plus, there was a LOT of work contrasting the black bear
with a black horse!

I do not proclaim to be an artist! LOL ... Although I did make a lot of money online
creating graphics and logos for other online companies, before the move to Northern Calif.
Attached Images
 
Top   #87
MoonGypsy's Avatar
MoonGypsy  MoonGypsy is offline
Source Heiress
 
Join Date: 18 Nov 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 15,590
MoonGypsy 
Thumbs up


i am jumping up and down i am so excited! All the cards just keep getting better and better! The snow in the 8 of Swords and 5 of Coins is sooooo PERFECT! It enhanced those scenes and expresses so much! i love, love, love them! i am so excited to know that i might eventually be able to hold this wonderful deck in my hands! and the icing on the cake is:
Created by my dear Sister!!!

Hugs and Happy Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

P.S. How cute is that Knight of Coins?! ADORABLE!!!
Top   #88
tarotlyn's Avatar
tarotlyn  tarotlyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2007
Location: Spirit World in California, USA!
Posts: 6,702
tarotlyn 

LOL, dear sis, just when I was feeling that they might be getting worse and worse...
...here you are letting me know (along with everyone in this thread) that I am doing okay!

That means sooooo much my lovely sis! Just to know you are still watching.

I have been thinking a lot about the Magician...'which deck' is it that the Magician card looks like
your dear handsome prince? (your hubby) I am thinking of trying to capture his essence for the Magician card.
...you know...I would look for the right kind of bear...I might be able to do it.

Let me know sis!

Oh, and that snow in the 8 of swords and 5 of coins, I drew...drop by drop...Yikes!

My problem as I already mentioned several times is: being a perfectionist!!! that takes 10 times longer to do a card LOL

I hope you pop in here often to see the little bears do their thing! LOL

I am sending a and some bear Hugs to my sis!

tarotlyn


Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonGypsy View Post
i am jumping up and down i am so excited! All the cards just keep getting better and better! The snow in the 8 of Swords and 5 of Coins is sooooo PERFECT! It enhanced those scenes and expresses so much! i love, love, love them! i am so excited to know that i might eventually be able to hold this wonderful deck in my hands! and the icing on the cake is:
Created by my dear Sister!!!

Hugs and Happy Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

P.S. How cute is that Knight of Coins?! ADORABLE!!!
Top   #89
MoonGypsy's Avatar
MoonGypsy  MoonGypsy is offline
Source Heiress
 
Join Date: 18 Nov 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 15,590
MoonGypsy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotlyn View Post


I have been thinking a lot about the Magician...'which deck' is it that the Magician card looks like
your dear handsome prince? (your hubby) I am thinking of trying to capture his essence for the Magician card.
...you know...I would look for the right kind of bear...I might be able to do it.

Let me know sis! tarotlyn
Hi Lynnie! That was a while ago i mentioned that card, but i don't remember it being a Magician card; the one i am remembering was the man in the X of Cups in the Gendron Tarot.

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx
Top   #90




 

 


Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.