Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

more edited into the post above

including one or two I may not have shown before?

galadrial

I love the Hermit card. At first I thought that his lantern was a hearth in the background. Then I saw what it was and thought, I see, he warms himself at the hearth of truth.

baba-prague

Yes, I like this Hermit too. I very much wanted an old tree in there somewhere and we tried all sorts of variations before finding this one. The staff (a dog? a wolf? Anubis?) is Alex's idea - it works perfectly in the context of this card).

Right now we're working on a panorama (a three-page pull-out spread showing an entire "Bohemian Cats" scene) so that's why not many cards are being finished. But most are now at least 50% done so the final burst should happen quite quickly. Interestingly, every time we step aside to work on the book the cards that fall out of it are better, so I think we need these periods of looking from another viewpoint.

I'll try to put up a small piece of panorama in the next day or so. It shows more of how these cats go about their day to day life :)

baba-prague

A small peek at the book (this is a pull-out spread). This is the picture book, not the companion book. This is what we've been locked up working on. It gives a view of the overall world of the BB cats:

http://www.bohemian-cats.com/examples/panorama1.jpg

(it's cut down a LOT in size - in reality there is a lot more detail to be seen) but it's still large, so please be patient.

contrascarpe

Another beauty Karen. However, my desire to visit Prague has now waned a little bit. Not sure I want to wander around a city filled with giant cats ..... imagine the size of the fur balls left around the city ;)

Dan

baba-prague

contrascarpe96 said:
Another beauty Karen. However, my desire to visit Prague has now waned a little bit. Not sure I want to wander around a city filled with giant cats ..... imagine the size of the fur balls left around the city ;)

Dan

I have to admit, it Can be a problem, but at least it means we don't have many giant rats! ROTFL

M-Press

Oh-la-la!!!!!
Fabulus!@!!!!
I want a ticket to prague right away (well, in just a little while), and i EVEN don't mind the giant cats! The whole thing transforms one in time!

just read the comment about the rats...oh, yea.... ;)

Le_Corsair

Beautiful. It would make a wonderful wallpaper image, if you contemplate doing such.

Bob :THERM

baba-prague

You mean like one of those huge wall posters that they had in the fifties?

I loved those (glad to see they are coming back).

Yes, we could make this available at about ten feet by six. You could put it on the wall and imagine you were there. It's a wonderful idea!

OH! You meant SCREEN wallpaper? ;-)

No, it's hopeless, now I am fixated on the giant screen idea. I think I will mock one up in Photoshop when I have time.

I see one of these in a cafe - dominating the walls (we have four of these panoramas to do). Yes, yes, yes!

HudsonGray

Isn't it strange how ONE project ends up contributing to 5 or 6 spinoff projects? The possibilities are endless (have you thought of bookmarks yet? Or Peel & Stick window gels?).