Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Your Tarot Journal

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

EvaSegovia 
Your Tarot Journal

So I recently started a new tarot journal. I had an RWS mini deck laying around without a job, so I taped the cards to a sheet of paper and color copied the sheet in multiples; then cut these sheets apart into MORE cards. A lined notebook, a written question, the card layout done with the cut-up cards and a glue stick, and VOILA! I like this SO much more than just writing the card names. I'm very visual so it helps me a lot... Anyone else want to share their tarot journal creations? Cover ideas? Anything really... I'd LOVE your input for my own inspiration.
Top   #1
Citizen

Nemia 

I still have my old tarot journals on a shelf - mostly drawn and written. But some years ago, I switched to Evernote. Now all I have to do is take a picture of the spread, upload it to Evernote and write down the ideas I had.

Evernote is great for collecting ideas, material etc. I also have a tarot purchase journal, a reading diary, reviews of Kindle samples, a collection of spreads etc.

It's much less haptic and creative, but it serves my purposes well. I use my creativity to make tarot magnets, tarot pendants and tarot greeting cards, spread maps and study cards.
Top   #2
Resident

Seldes Katne 

I'm still using physical journals and writing in them by hand, although that's partly because I have a bunch of blank journals sitting around for various reasons.

One journal is strictly for my impressions of individual cards. My color printer doubles as a copier, so I photocopy a page's worth of cards, cut the copies up, and paste each card on a journal page. This is especially helpful right now because I'm working through the Universal Goddess Tarot, and each card is a mini mythology lesson.

Another journal is just for new spread layouts that I've found in various places.

I have a third journal for recording actual readings of two or more cards. For that one I note the deck used, the date the spread was performed, etc.

A fourth journal contains my exercises done with various books (21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card, The Tarot Playbook, etc.).

Should I ever run out of hardcopy journals I will probably try something electronic (I do keep a Microsoft Publisher file of new spreads), but so far I prefer the print versions.
Top   #3
Citizen

Michellehihi 

I also write everything by hand, but all in the same journal. I used to have separate journals for creative writing, morning pages, gratitude thoughts and quote, my readings, readings for others, spreads, dreams, etc....

It started to be a lot of management haha! So now I put everything in the same journal.
Top   #4
Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 

I don't journal much, probably because I'm not always in the mood to physically write. But I do have an idea of how I'd like to go about it in the future. At some point I was just snapping a quick picture of my reading, but when I'd go back through my photos I had forgotten what the reading was even for.

For all my casual readings for myself and little notes from playing with my cards I think I'll use Evernote (thanks to Nemia!) I can upload a picture and just type up some quick thoughts.

I have a beautiful journal that I want to use for more serious and deep readings. Luckily it's only got a few pages of tarot notes so it's like new.

I also have a mini journal I keep in my bag for little on the go readings and notes.

I think the hardest part is just making it a habit. I love the idea of cutting and pasting card images into a journal- as a visual learner that does appeal to me. Also it's back to school time so now's the best time to stock up on notebooks and supplies for the year
Top   #5
Resident

krs887 

I just started a tarot journal and so far I've been mostly writing everything by hand. I find that by physically writing notes - more so than typing helps me remember.

Having recently begun learning the cards, I find this to be a very important process for me; so I try to be good about journaling as often as I can. Again, it's just hand-written notes for now, but I do plan on adding images of the cards and whatnot. I'm more of a visual learner as well.

I like the idea of keeping a mini journal in my bag for when I'm at work or on the go - it'll help with my daily drawings and other notes.

That being said, I may eventually move everything to one big binder so it's all together.
Top   #6
Citizen

EvaSegovia 

Evernote sounds like a very good option. Clear and concise. I like that. On the other hand, I'm also drawn to the slow study that a handwritten journal demands... Hmmm... And then there's the creative aspect... Hmmmm..... One thing's for sure though: I'm getting a mini journal for my bag. Thanks
Top   #7
Resident

Teheuti 

While I have readings and ideas in individual journal notebooks that I carry with me, I have so many of those that I can't find or remember where something is. I also have hundreds of computer files. So, my important notes get printed out and go in ring binders. I keep having to expand these (keep getting more and larger binders) but at least it's easy to rearrange pages. I can include a napkin or something from a smaller notebook by glueing it to standard size sheet or put in a plastic sleeve, and I can photocopy/scan/print tarot images or sketches and punch holes so they fit in my binders. I have notes from 40+ years ago as well as recent material.

Many people don't realize that you can have a blog that's set to 'private,' which can be a good place to keep photos and commentaries of readings as well as notes. Plus you can use multiple categories to sort each post.
Top   #8
Citizen

EvaSegovia 

Many people don't realize that you can have a blog that's set to 'private,' which can be a good place to keep photos and commentaries of readings as well as notes. Plus you can use multiple categories to sort each post."

No, I didn't realize until you mentioned it...thanks
Top   #9
Resident

Venus Rising 
Thumbs up

There are so many great ideas here for keeping a tarot journal. Thanks so much for sharing them. I like the idea of using Evernote and keeping a photo of the spread/card, but as krs887 said, I also find that I remember things that I have handwritten more easily than if I type them. Maybe the best idea for me is printing and pasting a photo in the journal and then writing in the rest. I will definitely give it a go! Thanks everyone!
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.