Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

The Masque Tarot - My Second Tarot Deck

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Alien

blue_fusion 

i've also added the lovers card.
Top   #41
Aeclectic Colourist

kayne 

I love that Lovers card Blue_Fusion! Fantastic, I love the way you do their hair.
Top   #42
Citizen

Liliana 

Coming along nicely there

You know what else I just realized I love? The little bit of shading in the border of the cards that makes it look like the pictures are 3d from the border hehe

Top   #43
Citizen

Strega 
Thumbs up

Exquisite!
Top   #44
Alien

blue_fusion 

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliana
Coming along nicely there

You know what else I just realized I love? The little bit of shading in the border of the cards that makes it look like the pictures are 3d from the border hehe

thanks for noticing. i wanted a simple border, but one that makes the images stand out. so i made it that way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kayne

I love that Lovers card Blue_Fusion! Fantastic, I love the way you do their hair.
yeah. but i love the way you shade, man. i don't know the first thing about that. i just played around with the shading of smoe of the cards, that's why there's no distict light source...
Top   #45
Citizen

rostie 
Thumbs up

impressive!!! and special...
Top   #46
Alien

blue_fusion 

hi. i've also added the hierophant card
Top   #47
Citizen

Strega 

Oooh! Lovely! These are all done on the computer? Or drawn and scanned? Or both?

P.S. Mind posting the direct source (address) of each new card (next time)? So that we (those of us in slooow modems) don't have to wait for the whole page to load?
Top   #48
Alien

blue_fusion 

Quote:
Originally posted by Strega
Oooh! Lovely! These are all done on the computer? Or drawn and scanned? Or both?
actually, both. sometimes i scan the line art for the finished image. clean it in the computer and add a few details, and colour them. sometimes i just scan the drawing for the main character, and then make a background for them in my computer (mouse-drawn).

Quote:
Originally posted by Strega
P.S. Mind posting the direct source (address) of each new card (next time)? So that we (those of us in slooow modems) don't have to wait for the whole page to load?
sure thing!
Top   #49
Alien

blue_fusion 
Question

what should i do? originally, in conceiving the masque tarot, i intended that all people in the cards were to have masks, these of course as symbolisms for various aspects of life - both positive and negative, depending on the card. it was the woman in the world card who was to bare her whole face, unhidden by a mask (symbolizing transcendence), however, in doing the justice card, i thought that it would be appropriate for her (justice) not to wear a mask, since it will symbloize that justice sees through no lenses. at the same time, however, wearing a mask would symbolize that in all decisions and judgements by man, all are made with certain prejudices and preconceived notions as we all work in a certain social context or framework.

so should i let her have a mask, or not?

the draft of the card is attached...

Attached Images

Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.