Best brand color pencils and markers?

December Fairy

I'm ready to print my internet deck. I'm trying to decide between color pencils and markers.

Are there brands that are better than others?
I want something that will be bright looking rather than dull.

blackroseivy

You're printing, but it isn't done yet?? :confused:

Well anyway, my FAVE colored pencils are Col-Erase, not only because you can erase them, but because they are as blendable as pastels! I love them!

Phantom Goddess

I use either Crayola or Rose Art. Normally Rose Art because they are cheaper and you get a better color selection.

CalypsoTea

My favorite colored pencils are Design Spectracolor, with Prismacolor a close second. They're good, quality pencils that blend well and are easy to work with. There's also a huge variety of colors available for them.

As for markers, Crayola truly is the best water-based brand. However, if you want a smoother, solid look, you'll want to go with alcohol-based markers--- Prismacolor, Copic, or Pantone Tria. They're all great quality with lots of color choices (I tend to mix and match the brands), but Prismacolor is the least expensive of the three. Unfortunately, Prismacolor's company has a tendency to discontinue random colors (rage!!!), but I don't think that would be a big issue for your project.

December Fairy

danubhe said:
You're printing, but it isn't done yet?? :confused:

Well anyway, my FAVE colored pencils are Col-Erase, not only because you can erase them, but because they are as blendable as pastels! I love them!

It's just a color your own deck from the internet. Nothing like what you are up to these days. ;)

I figured there's no better place to ask. :D

December Fairy

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm going to look them all up online and then look for them later today or maybe tomorrow.

Chronata

My favorite markers are Sharpies, and my favorite pencils are Prismacolors.

They actually work really well together if you layer the pencil onto the marker.

Only problem is...Prismacolors are expensive! But the quality makes them worth every penny.

Annabelle

My favorite colored pencils are Prismacolors, definitely :).

They are a bit on the expensive side compared to some other brands, but they are well worth it.

I do recommend, though, to think through what type(s) of projects you'll be using your pencils for before investing in a set of Prismacolors. Their "standard" pencils are a wee bit soft for my liking . . . but they also have a line of pencils with harder leads, as well as a line of watercolor pencils, etc. etc.

Edited to add: And I agree with Chronata - Sharpie markers are the way to go! :)

December Fairy

Chronata said:
My favorite markers are Sharpies, and my favorite pencils are Prismacolors.

They actually work really well together if you layer the pencil onto the marker.

Only problem is...Prismacolors are expensive! But the quality makes them worth every penny.

I use to work at Michael's Craft Store. They were very expensive. Use coupons!! lol
I didn't know how well they work, but they sold well even though they were expensive.

Sounds like they work well.

December Fairy

Annabelle4 said:
My favorite colored pencils are Prismacolors, definitely :).

They are a bit on the expensive side compared to some other brands, but they are well worth it.

I do recommend, though, to think through what type(s) of projects you'll be using your pencils for before investing in a set of Prismacolors. Their "standard" pencils are a wee bit soft for my liking . . . but they also have a line of pencils with harder leads, as well as a line of watercolor pencils, etc. etc.

Edited to add: And I agree with Chronata - Sharpie markers are the way to go! :)

Another one for Prismacolor and Sharpie. :)
I saw a package of Sharpie's the other day with several colors in it too.

I think they sold many colors at Michael's. I'll have to check on that.