Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

How To Laminate Cards?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation




 
tarotlyn's Avatar
tarotlyn  tarotlyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2007
Location: Spirit World in California, USA!
Posts: 6,702
tarotlyn 

Okay...it is the same as my 5"... meaning it also takes the 'magnet' rolls, which
is really thicker than the 110# card stock...

so...I am wondering what else it could be then? it's weird... and come to think
of it, I used my 5" machine to run through a thick (Brotherhood of Light card)
and it didn't bow at all.

Another thought, when I run my cards or sheet of cards through either my 5" or 9" xyron,
I crank it pretty fast. I don't go slow at all...I mean not too fast of course, but
pretty quickly.

Anyway, the ironing idea (of gregory's) sounds like a good thing to try at this point for you.
Can you post the results if you go this route?

Wish I could be more help
tarotlyn
Top   #71
strings of life's Avatar
strings of life  strings of life is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,658
strings of life 

I cranked it very slow, maybe that's it? I'll try it faster. I'm not worked as I'm sure th iron/heat will flatten them. Thanks .
Top   #72
shadowdancer's Avatar
shadowdancer  shadowdancer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 31 Oct 2004
Location: Christchurch NZ
Posts: 4,850
shadowdancer 

wow, sounds an awful lot of trouble some of you are having to go through here.

I just put mine through, trimmed the cards out, then put them through individually for a second time, just for luck. No warps, bends, peeling or anything else problematic.

Laminators are certainly different.

Davina
Top   #73
strings of life's Avatar
strings of life  strings of life is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,658
strings of life 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdancer
wow, sounds an awful lot of trouble some of you are having to go through here.

I just put mine through, trimmed the cards out, then put them through individually for a second time, just for luck. No warps, bends, peeling or anything else problematic.

Laminators are certainly different.

Davina
Just a small bump for me, but all will be fixed . They came out great otherwise! I didn't want a hot laminator so this one is fine. Who knows, mine could be damaged one.

ETA: I had some issues (see below). Chalking it up to a faulty machine. Really, it [I]can't[/] be me.
Top   #74
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Nina* is good with cold lamination - call her !!!
Top   #75
strings of life's Avatar
strings of life  strings of life is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,658
strings of life 
I gave up ;)


I gave up.

I'm returning my Xtron 5" and am chalking it up as being defective. Aside from ruining about 7 cards tonight, the cards are still bowing.

I'm also returning 2 of my unused laminating refills to Amazon.

Perhaps an attempt in lamination is something I'll tackle further down the road .

I made myself better though and ordered 2 copies of the deck I ruined: one to use carefully and one to save, plus I have some of the Minors from the failed lamination job, ha!
Top   #76
tarotlyn's Avatar
tarotlyn  tarotlyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2007
Location: Spirit World in California, USA!
Posts: 6,702
tarotlyn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana
I gave up.

I'm returning my Xtron 5" and am chalking it up as being defective. Aside from ruining about 7 cards tonight, the cards are still bowing.

I'm also returning 2 of my unused laminating refills to Amazon.

Perhaps an attempt in lamination is something I'll tackle further down the road .

I made myself better though and ordered 2 copies of the deck I ruined: one to use carefully and one to save, plus I have some of the Minors from the failed lamination job, ha!
...so sorry, sweetie... I think it might have been your machine...
maybe the rollers are too tight or something...next time just buy a used xyron
machine on ebay possibly...that way it is sure to be loosen up enough maybe.

HUGS
tarotlyn
Top   #77
strings of life's Avatar
strings of life  strings of life is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,658
strings of life 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotlyn
...so sorry, sweetie... I think it might have been your machine...
maybe the rollers are too tight or something...next time just buy a used xyron
machine on ebay possibly...that way it is sure to be loosen up enough maybe.

HUGS
tarotlyn
I'm okay. My cats (I have 2) were looking at me like I was crazy since I was talking to the machine. I'm a pretty crafty person, so I really don't think the issues had to do with me doing something incorrectly.

I think it's wonderful that all of you have been so successful! And like I said, at least I can replace (and did!) the deck that I destroyed .

Top   #78
tarotlyn's Avatar
tarotlyn  tarotlyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2007
Location: Spirit World in California, USA!
Posts: 6,702
tarotlyn 

...well you know our pets are always entertaining us...
...so they must have had a blast watching you...Ha Ha...
Top   #79
Dancing Bear's Avatar
Dancing Bear  Dancing Bear is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Dec 2005
Location: Living in John Lennons song, Imagine. Nth QLD
Posts: 4,176
Dancing Bear 

Well I have been lurking in this thread , reading everyones posts for a while now.
It has inspired me to laminate a deck.
Thanks everyone!
Top   #80




 

 


Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.