A look into the future

Cerulean

In keeping with a thought...

Both the photograph and the Queen of Wands has the look of an almost neoclassical masque or something out of the Romanticism ages.

But when I saw the Fool and his space-age dimension...there's likely a newer story that will carry this probably into an out-of-this-world fantasy....thank you for the discussion! You know, the beautiful backstory of your discovery of the Queen of Wands, notes on creation and how this develops is actually delightful as it unfolds---I would find it charming and unique if this was part of a 'mini-kit' of the important characters of the unfolding tarot story.

My hope for the companion book is for printed pages of text, because I really never get to CD texts. After long work hours with numbers and online and screen-based text, I never use electronic-based tarot-text reading for fun or enjoyment.

But then again, maybe it's enough that I'd enjoy mostly the images--as they the main attraction of your decks...("the play is the thing")...

Best regards and thanks for the wonderful backstory,

Cerulean

Tesseljoan

LOL, it seems that no one noticed the Tower that Cirom posted a week ago.

Beautifully executed, ciro.

almandine

The tower is actually my favorite so far, but I just love all of these new cards! Good decision on changing the fool, too. The new position is much more open and seems in that awkward developing phase that I associate with the fool. Good luck with the rest. I can't wait until the deck is finished! This will definitely be as treasured as my Gilded.

cirom

Cerulean said:
But when I saw the Fool and his space-age dimension...there's likely a newer story that will carry this probably into an out-of-this-world fantasy....thank you for the discussion!

Cerulean

Exactly :)
This next project which to be honest is going to take far longer than I imagined, will indeed be accompanied by a book (not CD). This book will of course offer an explaination for the imagery and esoteric visual content of each card, but will also offer what I hope will be a compelling storyline that provides a backdrop and context for the characters, costumes, buildings and landscapes.

This unedited draft is the opening intro.

Intro

I assume that at several times in their lives, almost everyone has experienced having dreamed in such detail and sense of reality that they have awoken to question if indeed it was just that, a dream, or something more. Wether they were saved by their alarm bell as it were from some nightmarish scenario, or dragged unwillingly from some beautiful place and experience by that same alarm call, to face the drudgery and reality of an early morning commute. Either way their dream seemed so real, one could smell, taste and touch its content. Every sense screamed out reality. But surely not, while the heart is willing to believe and accept, logic and rational start to pick away and leave us with the inevitable conclusion... it was just a dream., it could be nothing else. That is until, in my case I turn fully awake and see along with my books, computer, a vase and other items of normality in my studio, a collection of "artifacts" for which I have no recollection of having purchased or receiving as gifts. Unworldly in shape and function, these objects were first seen in my 'dream'. . . . and brought back.

PART I. The journal.

PART II
The Journey back.

Part III
Interpretations

Sinduction

I can't wait! And I think the Tower is lovely. I am always amazed at how bright the colors are in all the cards I've seen from you. And a book too! You spoil us and I love every second of it. :)

Papageno

this project sounds like it will be a lot more fun and enjoyable for you than your previous decks.
I get the feeling you're giving yourself more freedom to stretch out with this and letting go, which is good. it shows.

cirom

Death Card

Death, decay, the end, but not finality, instead a transformation, rebirth, circle....

Initial thoughts and draft image

Attachments

• T3-DEATH.jpg
    T3-DEATH.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 427

Papageno

LOVE that Death card :cool2:

lukewarm on the Tower

jackdaw*

I like the Death card. It's not beautiful, because Death isn't supposed to be. An interesting departure from your usual style. But ugh - ants. :)

The Tower is elegant, but I don't think it's sufficiently apocalyptic ;)

Papageno

jackdaw* said:
The Tower is elegant, but I don't think it's sufficiently apocalyptic ;)

yes, that's exactly it. The Tower card is too elegant. reminds me of Donald Trump. something about all that glass and brass

not sufficiently apocalyptic hit the nail right on the head