A look into the future

Papageno

hey that's pretty fabulous

love the texturing on the Magicians coat, I like how you followed it up on the edging

the face and hands are incredible.....the skin is extraordinary

really like this Magician. contemporary and at the same time faithful to tradtion.

his nails are a nice touch as well.............

cirom

Papageno said:
his nails are a nice touch as well.............

There's more to his hands than just a good manicure though :) An idea I originally used in an image I produced a few years back.

lunakasha

cirom said:
There's more to his hands than just a good manicure though :) An idea I originally used in an image I produced a few years back.

Ahhhh yes.....I remember THAT one Ciro! ;) (Pied Piper 6)

I am enjoying the sneak preview of your new deck and look forward to more!

:) Luna

jackdaw*

Really interesting. Looks like the old scientists/alchemists/magicians of the Tudor courts ... just a little shinier and more glamourous :p

room

cirom said:
There's more to his hands than just a good manicure though .

Maybe he's actaully a polydactyl cat in disguise? Love the books in the background.

Little Baron

Very, very nice, Ciro.

I think your 'Fool' is wonderful.

And I like the Magician too.

These feel warmer to me than your previous decks and I really like the lack of borders. Opens them up completely.

Your talent and enthusiasm really shines through in these two cards.

LB

Jewel

Very nice indeed! Like others here I love the borderless look, and I really sense some of the darkness around that magician. He has power, and power can corrupt the soul. He can definetly create illusions, and be a trickster if he wants to, he knows how. No doubt.

I like the tarot cards in the new Fool card. Being able to read his own cards during his journey might help him make better choices *LOL*. But seriously I like him. It also makes me think of my own journey. I often feel like the fool, and I never leave home without my tarot deck *LOL*.

When you are ready, I would love to hear about your overall source of inspiration for this deck. Knowing what the images are born of always adds another layer of meaning for me. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more cards.

geministar

I really love the Queen of Wands, she looks right into your eyes and its like you are locked in her gaze. Very beautiful.

I love the Fool too and the way the tarot cards float around him. Its like he chooses his own journey.

HarleyQuinnX

It's somewhat hard to tell from the picture here, but does that book behind the Magician say "Mary Greer?"

I love how you leave little surprises for us to find in your decks, like the Gilded Tarot box hidden in the Tarot of Dreams. It keeps me on my toes.

jackdaw*

HarleyQuinnX said:
It's somewhat hard to tell from the picture here, but does that book behind the Magician say "Mary Greer?"
By God, you're right! And the one above it says "Rachel Pollack"!