the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

Chronata

WONDERFULL!!!! :D :D

I am doing the happy dance for you too! (th epeople at the library don't seem to care!)

Congratulations!

The World is a beautiful culmination of the rest of the deck! Haunting, dreamy, shadowy and very lovely!

I always cringe when people say they want to go back and fix stuff, however(ok...I'm guilty of it too!) Because I am in love with everything you have already accomplished....

YOU may think your painting has gotten better...but the early cards have a living breathing rawness about them too...and as you started with the fool...it makes sense that they show progress as you go through the deck.

I know you will want to tweak anyway, because you are an Artiste!
But of course, my vote...would be not to change a single thing! :D

This deck is perfection.

And I am anxiously awaiting the release of the limited edition!

I am exstatic for you! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

alizarin

Hee, thank you! It is rather exciting.

I'm not going to fix anything major, just some teensy adjustments here and there. Like fixing the Fool's hair so it stands out better against the background, that sort of thing. Nothing will *change* per se, certainly not composition-wise or anything, just a bit of adjustment with shading and such.

Durant Hapke

A new map line...

Alizarin, and/or, Erin, and/or Idea Czar

Bring it.

Bring that B&W richness, and the "super mix" funk.

Your action is on.

You are a funk wrangler.

A funk master, and fine line bender.

Alchemy black birds freed from their pie.

From now on, I'm in...

Durant "I need a blank" Hapke

truelighth

Congratulations on finishing the majors. That is quite some archievement. And I am loving each and every card of it. The World is just wonderful and fits in perfectly again, just as all the others.

So.... were you going to print these? :D :D :D (standing first in line if you are)

LixiPixi

alizarin said:
Hee, thank you! It is rather exciting.

I'm not going to fix anything major, just some teensy adjustments here and there. Like fixing the Fool's hair so it stands out better against the background, that sort of thing. Nothing will *change* per se, certainly not composition-wise or anything, just a bit of adjustment with shading and such.

alizarin - while I haven't said as much as I should have throughout all of your postings, I must tell you that I have been watching this thread intently and continue to absolutely LOVE your creations!

I, too, would hope that you don't plan to make any drastic changes to your work as each and every one has been just perfect as you have shown them to us.

I'm very anxious for your deck to become available to all of us! While at the same time, I admit, I'm a HUGE fan of the full 78-card decks. PLEASE tell us that you will continue with your amazing work to complete a FULL deck?!?

Just gorgeous they are!

LP~

Tesseljoan

Congratulations on finishing the majors! I took some time to look at the all the cards today, and everything works really well together.

I'll take that second spot in the line of people waiting for it to be published. :D

alizarin

Thank you all! I'm feeling rather accomplished about it, I think I should buy myself a present when all the re-detailing and re-photographing is done.

There will very likely be a limited edition majors deck, I'll post details as soon as everything is in order. Also, I will probably do some art prints of individual cards.

And for those of you worried about the redetailing of the earlier cards: I finished the first three already and my husband couldn't tell the difference at all until he compared them side-by-side, and even then he couldn't pick out everything I'd done. Like I said, just really minor changes, nothing drastic.

If things go according to schedule I should be able to finish the detailing over the weekend and get them photographed next week.

Oh, and also: Yes, I am going to do a full 78-card deck. I have some ideas for the Minors already but I have several other projects going on right now and I'm moving in August, so they might have to wait until autumn but I should be able to finish them sometime late next year. I paint pretty fast, but 56 is a lot of cards.

Again, thank you all for all your comments and support! It means a lot.

Sidhe-Ra

Oh you've finished! How wonderful! I so enjoy looking at your work- it always makes me smile :). You have a unique style with real personality, complimented by great skill.

Many Blessings,

Em xx

VGimlet

I have been watching this deck as well. I am very excited you finished, and that there will be both a limited edition majors deck, and someday, minors too. I'll be watching for any announcements.

Congratulations. :D

alizarin

Thank you all very much!

After a bit of technical difficulty I've managed to finish the re-detailing and re-photographing and have just posted better quality images of each and every card to the gallery.

You can see them all, finished for real and for true right here:

phantomwise tarot gallery

All the old links should still work, I've just replaced the images. They look drastically different to me but I'm sure if I did my job right you'll hardly notice the differences.

Thank you all so much for following this whole wacky, wonderful process. I am going to be moving in August (from Boston to Salem) so in the interest of staying sane I will not be actively working on the Minor Arcana until after we're settled. I will likely be doing some sketches here and there, though, and I'm hoping that the Minors will be completed by the end of next year.

And I will keep you all posted with any and all info regarding the limited edition majors deck, of course!