the urnash tarot

Alta

Interesting, that's quite a change. I like the knowing expression your new queen.

Egypt Urnash

8 of Wands

My conception of this thing has changed since I did that first Queen sketch!

Alta

Could you say a word or two about why you depicted it this way? I like the image but don't quite get the connection to 8 of wands.

Egypt Urnash

The short answer is that I've swapped Pentacles for Wands in my deck; try relating this to the RWS/CH 8P.

The long answer... well, it's what came out when I contemplated the keywords found in my reference material for the 8P. It was originally going to be set on a blasted, grey plain but it shifted underground midway through the sketch. I mixed in a bit of that nuclear fear that wandered around the eighties, a bit of unexpected fangirling on David Macaulay's architecture fetish children's books, and got this. Saving stuff away for later.

raventepes

The more I see of the Urnash, the more I want it.

Egypt Urnash

Chevalier of Swords

(Why 'Chevalier'? Because if I stick with English, I'd have to abbreviate it on the corner of the card as 'Kn', or abbreviate 'King' as 'Ki', either of which is just ugly.)

Thanks, Raventepes! Only 24 more to go for the full deck with all my extras; I really should get moving on trying to make actual decks happen.

cloudswinger

Re the 8 of wands... I think I can count 9 wand like items. 5 above ground and 4 leaning on the sides of the shelter.

Egypt Urnash

Yeah, I got a bit indecisive about the wands on the 8; people aren't sure if they should count the trees or not, in general.

Look closely at the group of people around the table - one of them has the last wand.

Egypt Urnash

9 of Wands

Three more Wands to go, then I'll have all the number cards done.

Oh, and if anyone wants big prints of these, you can get them here.