Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

the urnash tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Resident

oogby 

Guess I'm joinging in a bit late here, but these are wonderful designs. I love the typography and the borders on the cards -- everything meshes together really well.
Top   #51
Citizen

Morgan of Avalon 

Amazing I love it! Different and original, fantastic well done !
Top   #52
Citizen

Egypt Urnash 

I was busy today. Admittedly, two of these had been sitting around half-finished for a few days.
3 of Cups (nudity)
7 of Wands
4 of Pentacles

I suspect that I won't have this all drawn until summer of '08 (plus revisions!); 'late' is relative. The typeface is a work-in-progress by a friend of mine who makes fonts; he hooked me up with a beta version (and some custom ligatures) in exchange for credit and a deck or two when it's all done.

Anyway, thanks!
Top   #53
Citizen

Egypt Urnash 

I'm getting back in gear on this, as I'm slated to have an exhibition of the whole project at the end of August and over September - if you're near Boston, you'll be able to see these things on a large scale. Further details once they're firmed up...

10 of Swords
2 of Cups
3 of Wands
7 of Swords
8 of Cups
Top   #54
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

Fascinating takes on the images. Very compelling: use of color, of form and your ideas for each.
Top   #55
Citizen

Egypt Urnash 

Thanks! I have some pretty strict color rules I set for myself for the Minors; they help give them an identity apart from the colorful, intense Trumps. Narratively, I'm mostly just putting Waite and Crowley in a blender, and not letting myself look at how Smith or Harris (or the many artists who came after them) conveyed those concepts.

And another one finished today. Busy, busy.

7 of cups
Top   #56
Citizen

raventepes 

I'm curious on weather or not it'll ever see print. I absolutely LOVE it. I didn't catch this thread back in its first run, but I just got done looking through most of what you have shown us. Fantastic, amazing work.
Top   #57
Citizen

Egypt Urnash 

8 of Pentacles

I'm certainly hoping to see it in print. Especially now that I have a deadline for getting the whole thing done. I've been procrastinating on actually sending off some samples to the specialty deck publishers, but if I get it done with enough time I might try to do a limited edition run (probably without a LWB, or just the barest sketch of one) for the exhibition.

and now back to digging for star charts so I can include the proper constellation in a space scene.
Top   #58
Citizen

Sidhe-Ra 

These are great- I so enjoy your imaginative interpretations! They are quirky yet accessible. I can see this having the elusive mass appeal...

I wish you every success!

Em xx
Top   #59
Citizen

Egypt Urnash 

10 pf Cups

... because I needed to get some future into these cards again.

Yeah, I hope that these things will sell. I'm doing them regardless, but having a regular flow of money from people buying this deck would be pretty awesome. Thanks for the good wishes!
Top   #60

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.