Would like some recommendations

Tobe

So, I started to get in touch with tarot around 2-4 years ago. Can't remember.

I feel like I've learned quite a bit from reading Tarot, am I a master at it? Of course not. Still far from being called a professional.

But now, at least, I feel confident enough to branch out a bit - Oracle cards.

Which is why I want some recommendations from you fellow experienced card readers :)
anyone know of a deck that's more....neutral?

Like, neutral theme. Nothing relate to angel or religions.

Prefer animals, or something that simply has a simple picture.

Like a card of Clover features a clover, plain and simple. (I did a little research :p)

EmpyreanKnight

Since you want a simple but potent divinatory oracle, I feel like you should take a look at some Lenormand decks, which is a different system from the Tarot that is so much more straightforward. The best ones offer simple images that won't clutter up a reading (since you lay out all 36 cards in a Grand Tableau), and it has the Clover card you mentioned too lol. Thing is, they're usually small - about the size of an average playing card - but depending upon your preferences that might even turn out to be a plus.

But since we're in the Oracle forums here, the only animal oracle I plan to get in the future is the Sacred World Oracle by Kris Waldherr, one of my favorite Tarot artists. It's a mass market deck so the price is not prohibitive. You may even download the LWB here if you want:

https://www.usgamesinc.com/get_product_file.php?productid=1201

Tobe

Since you want a simple but potent divinatory oracle, I feel like you should take a look at some Lenormand decks, which is a different system from the Tarot that is so much more straightforward. The best ones offer simple images that won't clutter up a reading (since you lay out all 36 cards in a Grand Tableau), and it has the Clover card you mentioned too lol. Thing is, they're usually small - about the size of an average playing card - but depending upon your preferences that might even turn out to be a plus.

But since we're in the Oracle forums here, the only animal oracle I plan to get in the future is the Sacred World Oracle by Kris Waldherr, one of my favorite Tarot artists. It's a mass market deck so the price is not prohibitive. You may even download the LWB here if you want:

https://www.usgamesinc.com/get_product_file.php?productid=1201

Interesting! Could this Sacred World deck serves as a....clarify / representative card for clients? Like, could this deck be used to take a first and quick "peek" of who this person is that's asking and what messenger he / she is carrying?

EmpyreanKnight

Yes I think so. In fact, that's pretty much what I had in mind for it - to use it as a pre-draw of sorts to determine not just the character/disposition of the querent, but the energies surrounding his/her situarion as a whole. I thought it would complement Waldherr's Goddess and Lover's Path Tarot decks pretty well.

Tobe

Yes I think so. In fact, that's pretty much what I had in mind for it - to use it as a pre-draw of sorts to determine not just the character/disposition of the querent, but the energies surrounding his/her situarion as a whole. I thought it would complement Waldherr's Goddess and Lover's Path Tarot decks pretty well.

I will consider it as one of my wish list deck haha
but right now I'm saving up for The ARTHUR RACKHAM Oracle

JDusk

I'm by no means an expert on oracle decks, but I spent quite a long time perusing animal oracles before deciding the Wild Unknown Animal Spirit deck was what I wanted. Simple but intuitive - the careful use of colors and quality of lines (dense, patterned, radiating, heavy and messy, subtle dotwork, etc.) give each card a distinct feel. My complaint with many animal oracles is that they don't really add anything that a simple photo of the animal wouldn't give you, and they can visually blur together (my first deck was like that, and it was workable, but meh). I also like that they are divided into 5 elemental suits, which adds more dimension while reading. Cardstock is also very nice, heavy and fairly matte but kind of silky.

silvereye

Definitely chronicles of Destiny.

PathWalker

Oracles are such a diverse group - and often each one requirs you to grasp the meanings the artist chose to attach to the images. That said, the artwork can be quite stunning.

On my table right now is this one - BaumSpiegel by Karin Beck - but I have a particular love for trees and this suits me.
http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/vfkAAOSwWxNYoG4y/s-l225.jpg
Animal oracles that I use include Druid Animal Oracle (I an in UK so these are my native species).

A look through the oracle lists on AT might be helpful?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oracles.shtml

Enjoy
PathWalker

Barleywine

Although Lenormand is by far my favorite non-tarot system, lately I've been using the Messenger Oracle in combination with tarot cards. I've never been a fan of anything to do with animals, fairies or dragons, but here they're used to overlay a "natural world" style with a mystical (and even magical) ambience. The best thing, though, is that they're basically "advice" cards: each one has a phrase that serves as a brief affirmation of some aspect or quality of either outer or inner life that works very well with the images. They suggest more the attitude seekers should adopt toward the situation than the persona they will exhibit.

reall

ok, if you ask for;*Oracle, simple, nature/animals, be sure to check;
Chakra Lenormand Oracle Meditation&Spell 54 card deck&free pdf guidebook!:)
https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/

hope it helps!^^:) n you find your perfect oracle soon! lol