The Sabian Symbols Oracle Study Group - 360 Degrees of Wisdom.

Lynda

The Pastor at the Gate

I had a funny thing happen just now... it's Sunday morning here and I got two emails at the same time: one about 'The Pastor' and another from a woman who ordered a bunch of my Sabian Symbol Oracle books.

"Hi Lynda,

I did recieve your parcel and last Friday took one of your book and a packet
of cards to a meditation/discussion.
The ansers provided by the oracle were ALL appropiate and, it seems "spot
on".
It was certainly a hit until...we were putting the cards together and found
out that the numer 4 was missing from the pack.
I have not opened any of the other pack as I feel that the person who
purchase should be the 1st one to break the seal.
A lady did order one set so i will find out shortly if her set is complete.
Have you ever had such a situation?

Kind regards,
Daniele"

This is rather amazing - especially as it's Sunday morning here and this is the first time I've heard of a card missing from one of my Oracle decks and in the light of the fact that the Moon's north node is currently on Aries 22: The Gate Opens to the Garden of All Fulfilled Desires. Reading the message below might bring some insights into current life situations.

Life is more amazing than we know.

Here's the email about The Pastor

> Subject: the pastor
>
> A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house
> it
> seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his
> repeated
> knocks at the door. Therefore, he took out a card and wrote "Revelation
> 3:20" on
> the back of it and stuck it in the door. When the offering was processed
> the
> following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it
> was
> this cryptic message, "Genesis 3:10." Reaching for his Bible to check out
> the
> citation, he broke up in gales of laughter. Revelation 3:20 begins
> "Behold,
> I stand at the door and knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in
> the garden and I was afraid for I was naked."

Further,
I looked up the Sabian Symbols that go with 310 and 320 - as these correlate (numerologically, at least) with the quotes passages from the Bible.

310 is Aquarius 10: A Man Who Had For a Time Become the Embodiment of an Ideal is Made to Realise That as a Person He is Not This Ideal.

Small grabs from my book:

This degree speaks of: lost opportunities, depression, self esteem issues, projections of personality, not clearly seeing one's self or others, false expectations, falling off the pederstal, losing one's faith, religious questions and doubts, self pity, giving up, 'self disclosure'.

320 aligns with Aquarius 20: A Large White Dove Bearing a Message...

...being seen as a saviour or one who needs saving. Blessings delivered - all will be well. Celebrations. Somebody who brings blessed relief. Issues of hope and salvation. The Covenant. Announcements. Shooting the messenger, not trusting the message or the messenger. Olive branches.

Life surely is strange.

Love from DownHere
Lynda

Pipistrelle

Following on from Skydancer's excellent suggestion for live chat readings (which I can't manage at the moment, but I hope they are going well), I wondered if anyone would be interested in a non-live sabian symbols reading exchange. I'm not sure what the best way to proceed would be but - apart from daily & weekly draws for myself - I haven't yet tried doing a "proper" reading with the symbols and I'd like to give it a go. Maybe, if anyone's interested, we could pair up or do some kind of "circle" thing (never participated in one so not sure how they work but I'm sure someone else knows!)

I don't have much time so I wouldn't like to commit to anything major but would anyone be interested in say, 1, 2 or 3 card reading - keeping it simple for the first time? And if so, any suggestions for a "theme" or spread etc?

Maybe, as Skydancer did, I should start a new thread for this? Just thought I should post here first so everyone had the best chance of seeing it...

Pip

zorya

hi pip :)

the 'oracle readings' forum would be a great place to start a sabian reading exchange circle.

Pipistrelle

Lol! Good point Zorya - I forgot all about that :)

I might start something there then....

Pip

Skydancer

Hi!
Wanted to say 2 things .....

First - The only person I got to talk to that day in live chat was a lady new here to AT - from Brazil! Jully. My husband's nephew's wife is from Brazil! Anyway, we talked for a while which was really nice.

Don't know how to set up getting together for further live chat.
Will continue to work on it because I think it's such a great idea! :)

Second - I was just pondering over WHY there are 360º and WHY 12 houses these past several days. Found part of my answer in a book that arrived today from Amazon (!) and the 12 is for the constellations, and 360 is apparently arbitrary. So is the 30º for each of the 12 signs. So, it just all got started and has continued to this day??

Yoo-Hoo ... Astrology people! Where are you??

-----------

See ya over in Oracle Exchange!

*S*

Elven

Hey Skydancer,

I think the live chat is a great idea too. I saw you on there but I had to get myself ready for the weekend away. Pm me next time, if Im on and I'll try connecting - still having trouble.

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

Pip said:
Following on from Skydancer's excellent suggestion for live chat readings (which I can't manage at the moment, but I hope they are going well), I wondered if anyone would be interested in a non-live sabian symbols reading exchange.

Great idea Pip, I'd be in! :) I am reading on the oracle exchange thread at the moment every week as well - and I know there are others doing the same. Maybe we could have a monthly reading thread - so the Symbols can play out - or something similar. I started doing Sabian Readings a while ago (on this thread I think) and I had a good response. It was a great way to work out different reading styles and layouts and using other methods - say with Tarot and other oracles.

Maybe if it was called: Sabian Symbol Oracle Readings - then others could ask for readings but would not have to have an exchange reading if they didnt have the cards and the book, or otherwise we could post up the website so people could choose Symbols and do the exchange that way? Then they could give the feedback (?) It would certainly give me some practise!:)
Maybe we could have one question for the month (?) and people could put there name under the thread, and then we could post their reading?
Or maybe they could choose the question. (?)

These are just suggestions Pip - what do you think all :)

Blessings
Elven x

Lynda

Hi All

Apologies for disappearing - I've got quite a lot going on at the moment (as I'm sure many of us have!) and I've also been having trouble with my dsl connection: I have been having trouble with it for about a week. I think the modem is a bit cactus (if such a thing can happen to a modem).

Skydancer, there are all sorts of interesting web pages on why there are 360 degrees in a circle... and, as life would have it, I was talking about this very thing the other day... the Babylonians invented the 360 degree circle - along with a lot of our astrological knowledge and, also, that's the ancestral root of the Sabian Symbols.

Doing a google search of 360 degrees brings up all sorts of answers, many of which are really interesting on the theme of the 360 degree circle.

Hope this helps
Lynda

Elven

Hi Lynda, Hi all :)

Lynda said:
> Subject: the pastor
>
> A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house
> it
> seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his
> repeated
> knocks at the door. Therefore, he took out a card and wrote "Revelation
> 3:20" on
> the back of it and stuck it in the door. When the offering was processed
> the
> following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it
> was
> this cryptic message, "Genesis 3:10." Reaching for his Bible to check out
> the
> citation, he broke up in gales of laughter. Revelation 3:20 begins
> "Behold,
> I stand at the door and knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in
> the garden and I was afraid for I was naked."

I dont know how I missed this - besides the amazing coincidence of the Symbols - this cracked me up! You've have the best stories Lynda!

Blessings
Elven x