which deck do I need to study the Oracle of Tarot by Paul Foster?

ivanna

Hi.
I got the book of Oracle of Tarot, by Paul Foster, and I'm wondering wich deck is most suitable to study it.
I would like to iniciate me on the Golden Dawn tradicion, and I'm not sure about wich deck will be most suitable.
I have the Thoth, maybe a Rider White?
Thanks

Richard

Hi.
I got the book of Oracle of Tarot, by Paul Foster, and I'm wondering wich deck is most suitable to study it.
I would like to iniciate me on the Golden Dawn tradicion, and I'm not sure about wich deck will be most suitable.
I have the Thoth, maybe a Rider White?
Thanks
The original book by Paul Foster Case was keyed to the Knapp-Hall deck. You might try to use it with the Rider-Waite, but I'm not sure how well it would work. In any event, it is good to have the Rider-Waite, although it is not strictly Golden Dawn. For the Golden Dawn tradition, either the Golden Dawn Tarot or the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot would do. Again, I don't know how well these would work with that book.

ivanna

Hi,
I do not have any RWS and now I dont have money to get a new one right now.
I wanted to study the OOTK and make an approach to the golden dawn, and I got this book downloaded, but if I do not have a RWS ....
The second option is studing it with the thoth and one book I have here from Duquette, but the one from foster seems easier to understand for me.

Grigori

Case's book is based on the BOTA tarot. You'll easily find copies of this online as images or PDFs that would suit for study purposes. The majors are nearly identical to the RWS so that deck would be very good also. And of the Golden Deck decks already listed would be good too, or the information is applicable to Thoth and it's clones.

ivanna

Great, thank you. I found it.
I will download it and print it. Thanks.