• Knight of Wands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Page of Wands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not use significators

Votes: 27 35.5%

• Total voters

Nemia

QoC and QoP - that's me. Oh, and I don't take any cards out of the deck as significators.

Richard

I'm the King of Pentacles because I was born under its rulership. Also, my personality fits Air of Earth.

Kristyjnh

My signs are pretty well rounded, I've found that my Leo Sun and Cancer Moon kinda water down the other's effects so my Gemini Asc is especially strong. Followed by my chart ruler Mercury, Mars, and Venus all in Virgo. Fire and Water elements come in third and fourth.

I don't use significator in readings, but I do associate certain cards with certain people, including myself. The Page of Swords is me as I am, the Knight is my extreme (ironically he comes out more when I'm PMS-ing), and the Queen is my ideal. I so want to be that know-it-all people come to for advice and informational tidbits. The Queen of Pents is my craftsy side, the Page of Wands is the part of me that has a new idea every week (but has poor follow-through), the Page of Cups (my least favorite) is the overly sensitive can't take criticism crybaby part of me. So they all have places in me, but the Swords suit is my main one.

Nineveh

I don't use them. While eeading your original post I wondered if the magician or the devil could be someone's aignificator, even the empress for the stay at home mom.

Nikita_

I don't use significators, neither for myself, nor for others...I believe that significators must "choose themselves", and seeing what cards come up as such to describe people is the most telling part of a reading, the one that speaks the most....though I do believe that astrological correspondences work really well.

WolfyJames

I'm the Knight of Sword in the RSW and the Prince of Swords in the Thoth.

BeyondtheVeil

I let the reading choose

I don't use significators, neither for myself, nor for others...I believe that significators must "choose themselves", and seeing what cards come up as such to describe people is the most telling part of a reading, the one that speaks the most....though I do believe that astrological correspondences work really well.

I agree with Nikita. I don't use significators in any readings. They always show up on their own to describe either the person or what the reading is about. Sometimes when doing readings, "the cards" want me to know something different than what "I" want to read on. So, I go with it to get that message then move forward with the one I originally wanted to know. In any case, leaving the significator "opened" has helped clarify what/whom the reading was referring, etc.

I do think you should do what works for you though! :thumbsup:

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

ThusSpokeZarathustra

I use the Major Arcana as a significator, largely because I see the court cards as incredibly one-dimensional, while the Major Arcana have a great deal of psychological depth to them.

I've seen myself in almost every Major Arcana, but I most frequently identify with The Hermit, The Hanged Man, sometimes The Lovers, and in special cases, The Fool. That last one is not because I particularly have a lot in common with The Fool (I am rather naive at times and foolishly optimistic regarding the human race as a whole, but similarities peter out there), but because The Fool is sort of meant to represent each of us, and so I use it when I'm not entirely sure which significator to use.

Alkonost

While I don't use significators, I do find that the same cards come up for myself and others over a period of readings. For instance, when I first started all this, every single time I drew a card for the representation of my self it happened to be The Fool. I think the deck can be trusted to assign you with an enlightening representation of you...all on its own. :)

donnalee

While I don't use significators, I do find that the same cards come up for myself and others over a period of readings. For instance, when I first started all this, every single time I drew a card for the representation of my self it happened to be The Fool. I think the deck can be trusted to assign you with an enlightening representation of you...all on its own. :)

Yup, this applies to me too. When I was younger, I had no faith in my ability to choose the right one so I didn't, and now I 100% still have no faith in that. I figure, 'why ask tarot if I'm going to fill in part of the answer myself?'