Movies about The Hanged Man archetype/essence

Louis Cyphre

I need suggestions about movies in which the main character or the story goes through a "Hanged man" experience, to explain it in some way.

Maybe movies about Jesus Christ would be okay but I don´t know which one to pick.
And movies about Odin, the other famous character for the hanged man archetype.
You can tell me about movies that don´t involve these two characters, those would be a welcomed change.

The movies I saw so far are "The Egyptian".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046949/

The reason for this thread is to better understand the Hanged Man archetype
as it is my year card:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=209806

HudsonGray

Hmm, removing oneself from a problem to more closely examine it before acting on the issue.

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World would qualify.
Maybe also - Perks Of Being A Wallflower?

nisaba

What about the classic movie "Spartacus"?

Louis Cyphre

Hmm, removing oneself from a problem to more closely examine it before acting on the issue.

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World would qualify.
Maybe also - Perks Of Being A Wallflower?

What about the classic movie "Spartacus"?

Thanks for the suggestions, I´ll check them out.

You mean the Spartacus of the 60s ?

RunningWild

I need suggestions about movies in which the main character or the story goes through a "Hanged man" experience, to explain it in some way.

There was an episode on the CW series The Originals where one of the characters was a voluntary sacrifice for a coven which has been intent on destroying "the originals". It's a new series 2013/14 and an offshoot of The Vampire Diaries. The character whose name I don't remember is found in a nearly classic Hanged Man pose, minus the actual hanging from one foot. Even the storyline falls neatly within accepted interpretations of the card. I can't for the life of me remember which episode, however. It's somewhere between episodes 113 and 109, I think.

ETA: And now I see that you probably won't be able to see that series where you're living. Sorry about that.

Glass Owl

There was an episode on the CW series The Originals where one of the characters was a voluntary sacrifice for a coven which has been intent on destroying "the originals". It's a new series 2013/14 and an offshoot of The Vampire Diaries. The character whose name I don't remember is found in a nearly classic Hanged Man pose, minus the actual hanging from one foot. Even the storyline falls neatly within accepted interpretations of the card. I can't for the life of me remember which episode, however. It's somewhere between episodes 113 and 109, I think.

ETA: And now I see that you probably won't be able to see that series where you're living. Sorry about that.

If you are referring to the character, Davina, it would be episode 11, Apres Moi, Le Déluge.

RunningWild

If you are referring to the character, Davina, it would be episode 11, Apres Moi, Le Déluge.

No, it wasn't Davina, it was the witch doctor they'd raised from the dead.

ETA: the IMDB referred to the character as a 'warlock'. It's the character of Papa Tunde played by Owiso Odera and I think his scene is located in the episode: Dance Back From The Grave.

Ace of Stars

I think "Jeff, Who Lives at Home" illustrates the concept of the Hanged Man. Jeff lets go and goes with the flow to see what happens and learn about himself. It's quite a spiritual movie.

Also, "Morvern Callar" -- Morvern definitely has to sacrifice something (won't say what) and goes on a journey in which she comes to view her life from a new perspective.

This is a great question!

Zephyros

Both Batman and Superman are two different sides of the suffering Christ-figure, and there is something of the HM in them.

Louis Cyphre

I think "Jeff, Who Lives at Home" illustrates the concept of the Hanged Man. Jeff lets go and goes with the flow to see what happens and learn about himself. It's quite a spiritual movie.

Also, "Morvern Callar" -- Morvern definitely has to sacrifice something (won't say what) and goes on a journey in which she comes to view her life from a new perspective.

This is a great question!

Both Batman and Superman are two different sides of the suffering Christ-figure, and there is something of the HM in them.

Must watch them, specially the Dark Knight, which I still haven´t watched. xD