"Blood Moon"

misser_piggit

I am grateful it happened on lunch break :) i always seem to miss these awesome sky viewings...unfortunately i h ave to go back inside *sigh* but now i know to use vacation time for October lunar eclipse & the persids shower in August.

good luck with your crystal ball goddess! I saw the thread but i haven't any experience with the scrying. bet it'll be tons of fun!

GotH

I am grateful it happened on lunch break :) i always seem to miss these awesome sky viewings...unfortunately i h ave to go back inside *sigh* but now i know to use vacation time for October lunar eclipse & the persids shower in August.

good luck with your crystal ball goddess! I saw the thread but i haven't any experience with the scrying. bet it'll be tons of fun!
Oooh another one in October. Cool.

And thanks, everyone seems to think i'm going to have some fun with it. I hope you all are right! :) Take care now!

Laura Borealis

I remember watching one, years ago, and it seemed like half the neighborhood came out. We stood on one of the darker streets - some had lawn chairs - and watched it between the trees. People shared a few beers and talked in low voices. And it was all spontaneous, it wasn't like we planned to have a neighborhood moon watch, it was just that people gravitated together like that. So nice.

Attachments

• Blood Moon 5.jpg
    Blood Moon 5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 168

katieb

Too many clouds here anyways :(. At least some of us got to see it

Darkmage

I watched most of the eclipse from my backyard while burning a lot of myrrh. It was fun--nothing I haven't seen before, but still, it was nice.

Next one is Oct. 8th. It'll be visible here and the peak will be visible at 3.55am local time. I'm up then so I'll be out in the backyard again watching it, provided we don't get rain. Then again, the rain for us usually starts around Halloween and doesn't really kick into full gear until late December/early January--if we get any at all. We didn't really this year. :/

Ronia

I woke up at 4 but we had clouds again, in fact it's snowing like crazy still. Very unfortunate. :( I went back to bed after that. But thanks for the pictures.

celticnoodle

Both the hubby and I missed it, but perhaps in October we'll be able to make that one! I'm going to mark it on my calendar. The hubby is generally up on all this stuff. I don't recall if I've ever seen a blood moon before.

It was very cloudy here and raining, so we may not have seen it anyway. But we really missed it as we are both exhausted and in bed early and rising late! lol. :laugh:

thanks for all the links. amazing and interesting. I wonder what effect the blood moon has on our crystals and such if we put it in this moonlight? anyone know?

Ronia

thanks for all the links. amazing and interesting. I wonder what effect the blood moon has on our crystals and such if we put it in this moonlight? anyone know?

Since it's a full moon during which the moon passes through the Earth's shadow (and catches the reddish glow of what remains of the sun's rays behind the Earth), I wouldn't really expect it to have any effect different from the usual full moon which is always good for any charging. Although I personally use the three days prior to a full moon as that's the rising of energy time, the night of it is still much powerful. But this kind of eclipse itself, I don't give any additional weight to. More so the Solar Eclipse at the end of this month.