Book club?

Reyan

Hi all,

I was thinking about The Dumas Club again, which is a novel by Arturo Perez-Reverte. It was also made into a movie called the Ninth Gate, if you've heard of that. I always think about it again eventually it seems, but I hadn't thought about it again since getting into tarot, and I realized the engravings in the book are steeped in traditional tarot symbolism. I found that the book was mentioned briefly on this forum several times, but never really discussed. And THAT made me think... would anybody be interested in starting a tarot themed book club? I would also be cool with expanding it to include other occult symbolism, etc, since tarot themed books might be hard to come by.

thoughtprism

I'd be interested, but almost certainly won't have access to such books, so it doesn't really matter. :(

Reyan

I'd be interested, but almost certainly won't have access to such books, so it doesn't really matter. :(

:( You can check at a public library, I'm sure they would have it. Mine has it in English and the original Spanish ;)

By the way, if anyone buys the book, make sure it has all 27 engravings! At one point I know there were editions that only had 9. The book should have 3 sets of 9 engravings.

thoughtprism

:( You can check at a public library, I'm sure they would have it. Mine has it in English and the original Spanish ;)

By the way, if anyone buys the book, make sure it has all 27 engravings! At one point I know there were editions that only had 9. The book should have 3 sets of 9 engravings.

I only have access to a very small town's small-minded library. It's been a problem in the past, I've had to buy all my non-Christian anything books in the city or online, and it's really too expensive for me to do so, but my library doesn't do ship-ins from a big library for free so I really have no choice. It's a shame.

Reyan

I only have access to a very small town's small-minded library. It's been a problem in the past, I've had to buy all my non-Christian anything books in the city or online, and it's really too expensive for me to do so, but my library doesn't do ship-ins from a big library for free so I really have no choice. It's a shame.

Oh, that does sound unfortunate. Where do you live, if you don't mind my asking?

IXTheHermit

Wonderful idea! I have that book in an ebook form, but I haven't read it yet... So, I'm in for the book club! I just hope that more people would like to participate.

Lizbeth

I'll see if my local library has it. If they do count me in!

Sumada

REYAN That's really interesting about the book having all 27 images (as per the story). The Kindle version that I read only had 9 :-(

Reyan

REYAN That's really interesting about the book having all 27 images (as per the story). The Kindle version that I read only had 9 :-(

Oh no, I was afraid that would be the case :( Maybe if we read it, I will find all the engravings and post them on the thread, since I think a lot of the books only have 9. It's so strange, it's like the people who translated it into English didn't know what it was about.