A Card a Day of Sacred Circle

mj07

The Wheel

well, this is a card I've never pulled before. Hmm... a golden wheel hangs suspended between the four elements, as well as the four suits of the deck. Turn one way, you get fire, another, into the ocean, or soaring through the sky and then back down to earth. to me, it's saying that life is about change, no getting around that, go with the flow!

starsongs

March 20, The Moon

A beautiful card! The whiteness/briteness of the Moon and the white snodrop flowers on either side are striking, contrasted against a shadowy landscape.

To me the card suggests bringing things that have been buried to light and paying attention to intuition and gut feelings about things.

In the book it talks about shifting perspective, seeing things in a different way, and telling illusion from reality.

I don't know how tis card will apply to the day yet, but will keep the image in mind and try to notice.

starsongs

Red Emma

Sacred Circle, card a day

Accidentaly pulled three this morning, half asleep and I'm used to doing a three-card (issue, advice,outcome) draw in the mornings. Anyhow, I'll use just the first one. And being true to my cyber name, Red Emma,* I disagree right off with the hint on the card.

The card is #12, and although it's called "Sacrifice" it's obviously the hanged man. To me the hanged man is "stasis," kind of walking in place, not moving forward. And I can tell that's right because, actually, I can barely walk at all. Moving forward is almost not an option.

I managed to get a humonguous muscle cramp in my lower back a couple of days ago. Thanks to my doctor who understands the (wise) use of pain pills, I can get around a bit. A very little bit. Sleeping is very difficult. Without the pain pills it would be unlikely.

Now about the other two: The Druid and The Warrior.

I had intended to do a separate posting for them, but it's an encouraging story. Just now I could use some encouragement.

Two ideas for the Druid. At first I thought he might be the magician, but he's #5 instead of #2. Anyhow as the magician he could be the doctor who prescribed pain pills, but according to the book, he's Balance.

My life does need balance, and I'm near the end of a therapy program which has been bringing that much needed commodity. However, as we deal with issues hung over from a childhood with an abusive father, life does get lopsided as I relive and try to deal with some heavy stuff.

And that explains the third card, The Warrior. Which says, "Red Emma, old girl. Got to just keep on fighting."

*About the original Red Emma. Her name was Emma Goldman, a political activist around the 1920's. Her battle was mostly with dictators, she occasionally spent a few weeks in jail for her troubles. When our President McKinley was assassinated, she was jailed for two weeks just on general principals. If you saw Warren Beatty's "Reds," the story of the establishment of Russia's communist government, you saw Red Emma played by Maureen Stapleton.

contrascarpe

March 20 - Six of Cups

Or the "Nostalgia" card. I pulled sixes two days in a row - balance & harmony? I was pretty laid back today. Went to my monthly Tarot Circle gathering today and my SO came with me, which was nice. I always feel a little guilty traveling all week and then spending a few hours away "taroting" (she never minds, but the guilt is there regardless). So I guess I had a little nostalgia in that she met some of my Tarot friends for the first time and we discussed how we met, etc. Again, a pretty mellow day all in all ...... hope my Sunday is as well :)

BTW, when I first looked at this deck awhile back it didn't appeal to me. When I ordered it, I still had serious misgivings as to how well I could adapt to it. But I find myself enjoying it more and more every day!

Dan

BlueLotus

Initiation- Reversed

Today I drew card # 16, Initiation, reversed.

Although I am not sure which card it stands for in other decks, it looks like The Wheel of Fortune, but bears #16 as the tower in most other decks. But it is most likely the devil.

Anyway the card in this position warns that something is wrong with my life, and I should go through hell and back, in order to blend in with life's natural circles instead of going against them.

I guess I need to do some house cleaning in order to correct this and to harmonize with spiritual laws.

For easy access you can view this card Here

CreativeFire

21 March - The Tower

The card I drew this morning was The Tower.

This is one of the loveliest Tower cards from different decks that I have seen so far! It is not as "destructive" looking as some other decks, even though it still has the fire and lighting - but the tower doesn't seem to be crumbling in the picture.

From the book: The Tower in this card represents all of the things you have built up around yourself, the exterior face you present to the world. When this card appears in your spread, it indicates that an unexpected shock or disaster will change your life completely.

Thankfully there have been no major shocks or disasters for me today :) but it certainly has given me something to think about in regards to building up things around yourself and the face I present to the world. Should be more myself at times and not worried about what others will think - don't create barriers for my true self to shine through. The snake on the border of this card keeps drawing my attention - a sign of transformation - shedding of old skin / ways to make way for the self under neath.

Click here http://www.the-psychic-tarot.com/thesacredcircletarot/thetower.html to see card.

CreativeFire

mj07

Six of Swords

I think this is the third time in the last couple weeks I've pulled this "solace" card! AHHA! well, hopefully I will get some time to myself to relax, reflect, do some meditating, b/c this week has been crazy busy for me! :D

starsongs

Sacred Circle, Card A Day, March 21, The Green Man

0, The Geen Man

A man made of leaves stands alone in the forest. The book discusses taking risks and making changes in life.

It seems Greenman is very appropriate for this period of time. I'm not sure how he'll connect to today. I have been having overwhelming impulses to dicard the past (and have done so in certain areas) , to move into the unknown accompanied by fears of taking risks...and clinging to the familiar

Could see how both reversed annd upright meanings would be appropriate for this time frame. This is a process.

What I seek is not yet entirely clear...It's like feeling the way in the dark..exciting and scary all at the same time.

The Geenman also seems to suggest remaining close to the earth, maybe tuning into the pulse of life, remembering roots, rather than remaining detached from everyday occurrences. That might be a key to successful transitions and changes.

starsongs

sharon

March 21 - Knight of Discs - Husbandry

Hi All,

Given in the card description in the book, is that this man has returned from the war for the winter in order to take care of his animals and farm. However, he is still practising his skills to keep them keen.

I've taken care of my housework today, despite putting it off - thought this card was giving me a hint - :)

Now, i'm just going to try and keep my tarot skills keen!

Regards, Sharon

paradoxx

I pulled my sacred circle deck out of its maroon bag (which was once a scrabble tile bag) and unbound it from its wrappings. I cut the deck and the card that came out was . . .

Ace of Disks, Abundance.

Dromberg Circle is the center of the bacground, balance and force, appropriate for the day after the spring equinox. Time to start planting, once it starts to warm up a little bit of course.