card # 0

SunChariot

Having just gotten the deck yesterday, I want to say that I adore it already, although it is so unique it will take me a while to learn it. :)

But here is what I really want to know.

What have people done with card # 0, the one you design yourself? I think it is a great idea, except that I have no artistic ability to speak of. And I don't want to wreck it. I thought it might be cool to glue things to it. Has anyone try that? I am afraid what would happen to images glued on when you shuffle...(?)

Has anyone tried this and/or have any trouble with it?I might like to try to glue a natural foresty looking background, with a photo of me as a young child at a time when I believed in fairy tales....,just to personalize it a bit.

Bar

Nina*

Well. I would also be afraid to distroy it so I haven't done anything and probably won't...
When I get this card I just 'see' it as my personal faery guide, as the book suggests (visualize it - and so it can change form and attitude from time to time ;) )

xxx
Nina

Sophie

Same as Nina! I like the idea of a blank card, for all sorts of reasons - not least because it also says: you must listen inside, don't always depend on these bits of cardboard for support. I don't think the faery guide only has one face, either...it is changeable yet constant.

Chronata

Hi SunChariot!

I hear what you are saying! I just adore my fae as well!

for the 0 card...I ended up painting my faery Guide.
(there's a thread here about it somewhere...but I sure can't find it at the moment!grrrrrr...)

I think pasting pictures is a great idea!
I would recommend Mod Podge, or any decopodge glue that also works as a sealer, which you can put over the whole card when you are through.

the card may bow a little from the moisture..(I know mine did) but you can press it under a heavy book to flatten it out again.

My Guide card slips in easily with the opther fae and shuffles surprisingly well. It doesn't stick out from the other cards at all.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

SunChariot

Chronata said:
Hi SunChariot!

I hear what you are saying! I just adore my fae as well!

for the 0 card...I ended up painting my faery Guide.
(there's a thread here about it somewhere...but I sure can't find it at the moment!grrrrrr...)

I think pasting pictures is a great idea!
I would recommend Mod Podge, or any decopodge glue that also works as a sealer, which you can put over the whole card when you are through.

the card may bow a little from the moisture..(I know mine did) but you can press it under a heavy book to flatten it out again.

My Guide card slips in easily with the opther fae and shuffles surprisingly well. It doesn't stick out from the other cards at all.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Thanks for the help. :) I was thinking I would need to use some kind of sealant if I did it but did not know which kind. I will definitely paste something. Probably what I mentioned before. I think it would really personalize the deck.

The more I read up on the deck the more I love it. The book I ordered today "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries" came today too, and it is really quite fascinating too.

Wasn't sure about the deck when I ordered it. I loved the quality of the artwork (really important to me when I choose a deck), but I found some of the images rather scary-looking.

I'm over that now, though. The more I read about it the more I can see how much you can learn from this deck. Something pushed me to get it even though I was on the fence, maybe fate, or a faery. :) Whatever it was I am glad now.

Bar

lunar_rabbit

I haven't done anything with my card. I do pull it up in a reading sometimes and I just know that it is my own personal guide talking to me. I try to take the opportunity to meditate on it for at least a few minutes to get the right message.

But I haven't done the exercises to come up with a visual for it, and I'm paranoid about ruining the card.

I love the idea of making a collage! One thing you might consider is to do your glueing on a different piece of paper and then make a color photocopy your final product. Then you could paste that onto your card. It would be less bulky, and you'd still get a visual of your heartfelt artwork.

SunChariot

Thanks to everyone for their help. I will definitely glue something personal on and use lunar_rabbits' idea of photocopying it first and Chronata's idea of the sealant.

SunChariot

Just made my card 0, I am so happy! :)!

In the end I scanned some images into my computer, put them together with my image programme and printed it one photograph paper. Now I just have to find the best way to glue it on and seal it.

I wanted a nature background, I added in the backyard from our country house, all green, with a back and white image of me when I was a child reading and book (probably a faery tale) and laughing. Then I added in a faery from this web site:

http://worldzone.net/art/angel1201/fairy1.shtml
(faery number 22(she went perfectly with the green of the grass, adn the light she was emitting was reflected in the grass of my image. I can't wait to add paste it together and add it to my deck:)

Just had to share, I'm so excited. LOL

Bar

lunar_rabbit

Sounds beautiful! I'd love to see it if you have the means to share a scan of it.

SunChariot

Well, I'm not a professional, but here goes. Try this and see it if works:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/barbdian/Card0.jpg

I call it my joy card. It's all about finding all the joy in my life.

That's me in the bottom left hand corner. :) A WHOLE lot of years ago, and the background is the backyard of our country house which unfortunately we are selling this month.

I can see all kinds of symbolism in the card already.:) Like the fence is behind me=I am not sitting on the fence and know where I want to go...like it is almost connected into 4 parts to show completion...but there is a break between the parts, showing we can never really reach completion in this life, there is always more to learn....and the way the faery sheds her light, and near me there is a light on the ground too...like when I am in that state of pure joy it sheds a light on the world too.

And the image of me is in black and white, showing that you can't go back and our memories of the past may not be perfectly accurate. And it reminds me of the black and white TVS we used to have in those days...like I am lookign at my image on TV and I am a star. LOL

And like the faery is looking down on me protecting me. :)

It's funny but when you see the image larger, parts of the trees seem to contain human-like forms as though there are faeries there as well. And for some reason there is a slight blue tinge in my face, which I think is cool cause it ties me to the blue faeries in the deck and Brain has said that they are blue cause blue is a spiritual colour.

I am just afraid of how to treat it so the image does not get damaged. I just have to glue the image (which I printed on the shiny printer paper--it looks like a real photo) to the card now and treat it.

It's so cool to have a card you can make yourself and add in some of your favourite memories too. I love Brain for leaving the blank card. :)

Bar

PS, anyone else have any Card 0's they want to share?:)