Tarot Trimming Tools-- Rotary Cutter & Corner Rounder

euripides

Mi-shell, I have a corner cutter that I got from Creative Memories, the photo-album people. It's really nice, sturdy and easy to use. I've used it on photos, not on tarot cards.

They'd have a distributor near you for sure, I'm sure they are international. Alternatively if you have a big crafting chain store, they'd probably sell a similar thing.

I'm not a fan of rotary cutters. I usually find them pretty difficult to keep precise. I think I'd go the professional printer route too.

I have a creative memories guillotine - the kind with the handle you lift up and slice down, and it is particularly bad as the paper moves - it's almost impossible to get a precise cut with. I think their newer products have a sliding blade which is far superior.

Laura Borealis

I'm bumping this so I can easily find it again, and also to thank FaireMaiden for such an informative and useful post!

MystiqueMoonlight

Well I used scissors on my Deviant Moon which wasn't difficult to do because the borders are so easily defined and I bought a good quality pair. My corner cutter is quite different, looks like an odd shaped stapler. I'm yet to use it tomorrow.

Hedera

For anyone looking at those small 5 mm corner rounders; I've found two different Etsy sellers that have them.

That means you can use Paypal (all those Amazon-links are frustrating for me because I don't have a credit card ;)), and worldwide shipping is only a few dollars (unlike some other websites, that wanted to charge me $30 to ship one...).
They're both from Korea.

The sellers are this one:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/fromsoul

and this one:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ititems?page=1

(I've linked to their front pages because if you link to a specific item on Etsy it can get sold out, even though that store might have dozens more of them)

I've ordered from one of them; they work out virtually the same price, after shipping.
I'm hoping shipping won't take too long, I can't wait to trim my little TaRat deck!

Onyx

I am completely on the trimming band wagon because of this tread.

I got a straight blade trimmer and a corner rounder and went to town on my newly purchased Radiant Waite. It was amazing the difference.

A couple of years ago I trimmed my jumbo Thoth and it was fine but I didn't have a corner rounder and so I didn't swoon over it.

This thread enabled me to go to the local Hobby Lobby and I got a Fiscars trimmer and the small angle-eater corner rounder.

While the edges aren't all identical it is a small price to pay for how much better the cards look. The corner rounder was easy and made a dramatic difference. It made my trimmed Thoth look way more inviting.

It went so well that I have put away some decks to not trim in my frenzy of excitement. I want to make sure I trim decks with a lot of forethought.

My next victim is pretty set though. I have hated the borders on the Dame Fortune's Wheel from the very instant I saw them.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

Onyx.

Chiska

That is the kind I purchased. It works great for doing cards. I do need to get a different corner punch, as the one I have has a fairly steep learning curve. I had to watch a You-Tube video to learn how to use it!

strings of life

Chiska said:
That is the kind I purchased. It works great for doing cards. I do need to get a different corner punch, as the one I have has a fairly steep learning curve. I had to watch a You-Tube video to learn how to use it!
I highly recommend the one that FaireMaiden mentioned in her first post. It punches small corners (5mm) and works like a charm.