Druidcraft Study Group - 4 (Four) of Wands

coyoteblack

well another way of looking at the 4 of wands is
wands =energy/will power
4 = stabality but also stagnation hence the reason we NEED the 5's

tarotlyn

To join in...

Another way I look at the 4 of wands is:

It is a time to plan a celebration for a job well done!

Or just taking a "time out" from work to enjoy yourself...could indicate a Holiday also!

I feel like it is a fun and relaxing joyful card...

coyoteblack

This card is also called the marriage card in some decks I can see how this fits the picture but not really the number suit .

coyoteblack

In the Golden Dawn this card s venus in aries so I guess I can see the marriage part there but itis still confusing.

coyoteblack

78 week 4of Wands Druidcraft

Symbols:
Fire: I think this is the key to the card for me it shows a small functional fire very stationary and under control. On the flip side it will burn out if not tended to and it can destroy the garland
Poles/Wands: show the security and stability of the card
Garland: Shows the celebration part of this card
The Path: makes a connection to the house / hearth and the work
House: rest and relaxation the home where we feel safe and secure

Element and Number
Fire: Energy, Willpower, Passion. Work, as in commerce
4: Stability, Security, Stagnation

Golden Dawn References
Traditional name: Lord of perfected work
Days: April 11th - 20th
Astrology: Venus in Aries You create an environment to your liking (Venus) in a direct and forceful way (Aries).
Sephiroth: Chesed Desires or motivations coalesce into specific actions or objects.

Bringing it all together
The House the stable poles the number 4 remind me of stability. The camp fire is work completed and the path to the house show rest after work. the garland is a celebration of some sort. The GD references all point to work completed .The Venus hints at a feeling or lover of some sort. The fire and Aries all point to this not lasting long. And those poles can fall if a good wind blows.

WalesWoman

Venus in Aries just gave me a some new ideas for 4 Wands.
Four is stability... and is an even, passive number... so the fire/masculine/active element in this card is balanced, stabilized and centered by the feminine/passive element, it is contained. I guess Venus is water or earth, but all I can think of for Venus is molten lava.

Venus is also a passive influence, of love, passion and Aries is fire, forceful, directed drive/will... so together it would be the combination of passion and will to arrive to a stable place. It also fit's with that marriage bed too... since it's a combo of male/female passion/desire/driving creative/life force. I am not explaining this well at all.

Wanting something with all your heart and soul and using your drive and force of will to make it be and this is the manifestation of that actually happening.

Ann Yu

78 week 4of Wands Druidcraft

Symbols:
Fire: I think this is the key to the card for me it shows a small functional fire very stationary and under control. On the flip side it will burn out if not tended to and it can destroy the garland
Poles/Wands: show the security and stability of the card
Garland: Shows the celebration part of this card
The Path: makes a connection to the house / hearth and the work
House: rest and relaxation the home where we feel safe and secure

Element and Number
Fire: Energy, Willpower, Passion. Work, as in commerce
4: Stability, Security, Stagnation
Great idea, I totally agree with you. To me, it can be the beginning of the party, or in the middle of it, or even after the end of it. In every case, the atmosphere is still cozy, warm, connecting to home, heart...
- If it is the beginning of the party, I think that the host has get preparation done and used this vacant time when he is waiting for the guests to take a rest, to enjoy the peace...
- In the middle of it: people are gathering in the house, the fire keeps on burning
stationarily, just like the party itself. Not every party means "getting high, getting crazy", right, it could be a warm, small parties with just some close-knit friends together. They are talking quitely and it seems to be a warm meeting, not really a party or celebration.
- After the party: I think it tends to be after the party. Joyful remains, people are taking rest after a time of being playful and excited. The fire is under control so that it doesn't burn the poles there.
The four rocks around seems firm and protective, it can be a "back of a seat" for people to gather around the hearth.

Peace, safeness, security...
Warmth, home, heart, coziness...