Animal Spirit Knowledge Cards

StarShine

Someone mentioned the breathtaking art work in Susan Seddon Boutlet's animal cards. I believe it was Truthsayer. I purchased this deck yesterday. I was actually looking for an oracle set after reading all the posts on that topic. I did not view the Animal Spitit Cards as an Oracle deck as much as an information type thing with beautiful pictures. I am not into Totem Animals as much as some, and after all, I was looking for an Oracle deck so I admired it and put it back on the shelf. After locating and looking at many Oracle decks, I just kept coming back to these cards! I figured that there must be a reason, so I bought them. Since then, I have pulled them out and admired the pictures a great deal and read the backs of the ones that intested me and caught my attention. This morning, I read the rest of them.

Here is my question, I was obviously meant to own this deck, but is there a way to use it for a reading or for some other form of divination? I considered using it with my pendulum, spreading them out on the floor and asking which ones are my guides, which animals strength do I need to call on for a particular situation, that kind of thing. Any thoughts?

truthsayer

yes, it was me that mentioned these cards. i love them. i think the method of using a pendulum w/ them sounds excellent. i have been trying to think of a way to use them as an oracle myself and this is the best idea to date. the only other way i could think to use them was to close my eyes and pick one to three. what do you use as a pendulum? i've always used either a needle or a ring. i have some austrian crystals that would prob also do the trick. my next goal is to get susan seddon boulet's goddess deck. another gorgeous one. she passed on a few years ago. to me, her artwork is an inspiring tribute to her legacy. she had such a technique with combining the spiritual, mythological and art as one.

StarShine

Truthsayer: Actually, I have several pendulums. The ones I use the most are made of Rose Quartz, Hemotite, and Amethyst. I had two (a different Rose Quartz and Amethyst) that, according to a friend of mine, a talented empath, were taken from me. These two were so awesome that they would spell answers out on a alphabet chart and answer questions befor I was asked. I would love to get them back. Until then, the three I mentioned will have to do. I also have a ruby one, a peridot one, and a Swarovski (sp?) crystal one, and one made from a glass bead by a friend of mine. What can I say, I am a pendulum junkie.

Jimilyn

Oh, StarShine! How I'd love to have a peridot pendulum!!! :)

Peridot is my birthstone, and I just love it. Now I may just have to see if I can find someone who'll make one for me. ;)

Jimilyn