How do you use playing card cartomancy?

TinySpark

Hello all!

how do you use playing card cartomancy in your readings? I just started trying my hand at it, and it seems like lenormand to be fairly accurate in assessing a situation, but it seems so literal and cold compared to my tarot readings, which seem so much more open ended and emotionally relevant.

Do you use playing cartomancy to enhance your tarot readings or have you found a better way to utilize cartomancy in a more intuitive way then the usual 3 card spreads?

thanks for your input!

AnemoneRosie

I read playing cards the same way that I read the TdM's non-scenic pips; I have a basic numerological framework and then add on the suit's elemental tendencies. While I find that the Tarot is very insightful and I tend to use it as a form of counselling, I find that playing card cartomancy is much more divinatory.

TinySpark

I read playing cards the same way that I read the TdM's non-scenic pips; I have a basic numerological framework and then add on the suit's elemental tendencies. While I find that the Tarot is very insightful and I tend to use it as a form of counselling, I find that playing card cartomancy is much more divinatory.

Hi AnemoneRosie! what system of numerological framework works best for you... I've been using the hedgewytch's but I would like to explore other frame works thanks!

AnemoneRosie

I'm not entirely certain anymore. I'm guessing that it has a basis in the Chaldean system? I learned it over 15 years ago so it's sort of instinctive at this point.