Tarot Burnout presently. Pooh!

DDwarks

Interesting you've assumed I'm not living. :) :)
I'm in overwhelm of it. Lol.
I "look ahead" too much and have to keep reminding myself to just BE.

...still... Kung Fu knife seminar and grading is coming soon... that should throw in a new slanted
perspective.

I never assumed such thing Tanga!
What I meant was living your life and not reading the cards. Just carrying on without them for a bit. NOT that you don't live your life!

Tanga

I never assumed such thing Tanga!
What I meant was living your life and not reading the cards. Just carrying on without them for a bit. NOT that you don't live your life!

Oops. OK. Misread. Sorry. :joke: (knives anyone? :joke:). Thank you. :heart:

I think yours and the following is the answer:

I take breaks for months at a time. I think it's normal. We all have a lot of interests, and a lot of duties. And no matter how we resent it, there are only 24 hours in a day. And part of that has to be resting.

If I get the itch but not the energy or willpower, I just take a "comfort" deck and revel in the images with no goals in mind whatsoever. And then I pick up something entirely different, not related to divination. Balance.

I usually find it best to put it aside until the burnout passes. In my experience, trying to brute force through a block will just make it worse. No shame in taking a couple days, a week, maybe even longer away from it.

I totally get life being way too much right now. Just... Oof.

~~~~~

You could spend your time meditating on specific cards. Not analyzing or looking up meanings or anything...

I do this often - but even this bit isn't working presently.
Thank you Maru.

Tanga: I am sorry you feel so low right now. Get some rest, that will help and maybe run an Anti-viral on your head. yes, that is right: an anti-viral scan...

barb

Lol. Thanks Barb. But guess what? - I'm tech dumb and this sort of imagery doesn't work for me.
However something more along the lines of "blasting/banishing the Demons" may... so you've sort of got me thinking, in conjunction with just having attended a "Defense Against the Dark Arts" occult workshop which was all about Angels and got me pulling out my Angel Dictionary.
(I found that since deciding to treat forms of depression as Daemons - and interacting with them as separate entities - I've been able to manage such things much better. Got this idea from an occult writer... can't remember who now...).

The biggest annoying bit about all this - is that I actually blocked off 12 Friday afternoons
in my diary to read a couple of the Tarot texts sitting on my shelf. Planned into the diary in advance with much glee.
Hmm...
Not sure what's happening about that yet now...

...Pull out my new pyrography set and learn how to use it maybe.

G6

Hmm, I wonder if I'll ever get tarot burnout?

Tanga

Hmm, I wonder if I'll ever get tarot burnout?

LOL!! :)

(...Hmm - I wonder if there's such a thing as Kung Fu burnout?...)

DDwarks

I went to Tesco's to get myself a sandwich at lunchtime.

In the car park, there was this old dear trying to get back in her car.
Poor thing had 2 walking sticks and was barely stable. It looked to me like she was about to fall backwards and bang her head on the door frame.

So I step in with my "Are you okay? Do you need a hand? Let me help you I've got it :)"
In about 30 seconds, she was in her seat, legs in place, walking sticks behind the passenger seat and ready to go :thumbsup:

Then she said "But I was trying to get out!"

I pretended to laugh at myself and helped her out, even got her a special zimmer frame trolley!

I was so embarrassed Tanga!

Then I remembered you needed a joke or something so I'm telling you ;)

Enjoy! :bugeyed:

Tanga

I went to Tesco's to get myself a sandwich at lunchtime.

In the car park, there was this old dear trying to get back in her car.
Poor thing had 2 walking sticks and was barely stable. It looked to me like she was about to fall backwards and bang her head on the door frame.

So I step in with my "Are you okay? Do you need a hand? Let me help you I've got it :)"
In about 30 seconds, she was in her seat, legs in place, walking sticks behind the passenger seat and ready to go :thumbsup:

Then she said "But I was trying to get out!"

I pretended to laugh at myself and helped her out, even got her a special zimmer frame trolley!

I was so embarrassed Tanga!

Then I remembered you needed a joke or something so I'm telling you ;)

Enjoy! :bugeyed:

:joke: :joke: - you're kidding me right? :joke:

...Man! It's been wildly stormy all day and I was hoping it would have stormed out by 5pm. We had a half hour of dry but it's bubbling back again...
Looks like I'm gonna get drenched on my way to Kung Fu class...

:joke:

Nemia

I had some tarot-tired phases in the past. Other things bubbled up. I always need something to obsess about, sometimes I have parallel obsessions. It's part of the fun of life. When I don't want to do tarot, I don't. I know it will all come back. And when I come back, I'll bring me everything I learned about herbs or natural cosmetics or jogging or veganism or whatever it was, my other obsession ;-)

It's all still there within me.

So what I want to say is: nothing bad will happen if you just turn your back to tarot.

DDwarks

I wish I was kidding :(

magicjack

You need to get on Amazon right now and buy a new deck before this turns into an emergency situation!

Ace

Lol. Thanks Barb. But guess what? - I'm tech dumb and this sort of imagery doesn't work for me.

I am sorry! I thought about that and figured: if you are on the internet you SHOULD know how to do an anti-viral scan (and if you don't, it may be a good thing to know anyway! Yes, Mommy)

But try this image (I invented for non-tech people): Imagine your brain as a blackboard (this is your brain, this is your brain on chalk.) And see it covered in scribble scrabble. Wipe the black board nice and black and clean. Now draw a pretty picture on it. (and since it is in your head and a MAGIC black board) make it as fancy and detailed a pretty picture as you like.

I found people found it just as helpful.

But whatever works for YOU is what to do. And get some rest too.

barb