Druidcraft study group: Princess of Wands

Aeon.of.Horus

Princess of Wands

In this card I see a young energetic woman, full of enthusiasm about something. I feel that she has a message to bring to the table and she is rushing to deliver it. She is telling you that you are on the right path in life, you have the right idea. Her staff emits an iridescent yellow glow at its base which would indicate a new idea, thought or inspiration, but as was mentioned earlier in this thread the top of the staff is obscured from view which is indicative that this idea, thought or inspiration hasn't yet materialised.

There are many symbols of the fire sign that she is, the salamander, the fiery red hair and the copper coloured dress are all allegorical of FIRE.

The intricate Celtic knot design around the bottom of her dress reminds us of the intricacies of life and just how everything is interconnected with the forces of nature. She herself is characteristic Fire, she walks on the Earth, surrounded by Air & water vapour (clouds) in the skies above.

The path she walks is situated in between a copse of Silver Birch and an old Oak Tree both very symbolic in the ancient Celtic traditions.

Birch are tokens of Growth, Renewal, Stability, Initiation & Adaptability.

Oak is suggestive of Life, Strength, Wisdom, Nobility, Family, Loyalty, Power, Longevity, Heritage & Honour.

I also notice that she is barefooted. This would symbolise that she is sure footed in life and also well grounded as she feels the earth Mother underfoot.

And lastly if we are to study Crowley then she is born under the sign of Sagittarius with a slight influence of Scorpio which can be seen in the cumulus clouds gathering in the sky. Not quite a storm approaching but there could definitely be turbulence!

Aeon