SPREADS For Doreen Virtue Decks

Logiatrix

Here's my spread offering...
It's not necessarily particular to the angels, except that it uses nine cards.
Nine is apparently the number of the angels, so that's what I was going for; beyond that, it's quite universal.

It's a general spread, great for when the querent asks, "what do I need to know right now?"

Nine cards, laid in a three-by-three pattern (three across and three down).

The four corners are the basic modalities of the querent's life:
Top left, Spiritual
Top right, Emotional
Bottom left, Mental
Bottom right, Physical

Between each of the modalities are four more cards:
Between Spiritual and Emotional is Faith
Between Emotional and Physical is Health
Between Physical and and Mental is Action
Between Mental and Spiritual is Creation

The Middle card is Focus, or what the querent needs to know right now.
:)
For the sake of avoiding wordiness, I'll just go into details if interest is expressed about the particulars.
Please give it a try; I'd like to know what you think...
;)

sagewriter

That looks like a lovely deck to do. I have the Unicorns Oracle but I don't think that would work with this spread. However I shall be getting another Virtue deck in a few weeks, so shall try it out with that one!

Thanks for sharing :)

Rhiamon

Depression Spread

ok, this is my first shot, but it's a quick and easy one, perfect for Fairies, or Angels (I think)

Depression Spread

*********4**********
******2*****3*******
*********1**********

1) Cause of my depression
2) what will help or hinder
3) Advice for dealing with it
4) Outlook for the future

Logiatrix

Thanks bunches, Rhiamon, it's wonderful! :*
It's amazing how just four cards and the right
spread can offer so much guidance and clarity.
This one is definitely a keeper; it's going in my
tarot journal ASAP...
:grin:

Elven

It would be great if we had a thread - like in Tarot - for spreads for Oracles! Maybe the moddies can help us create one?

Any thoughts on this?

Blessings
Elven x

MoonLite

"Tarot Wisdom Readings" gives card layouts of lots of spreads. I'll list as they are shown for the following Virtue decks... but I'm sure, many could be used with the others. Clicking on the "(See the card layout)" under each heading, shows the positions and meanings for cards in a spread.

:OSHealing with the Angels
:OSHealing with the Fairies
:OSMagical Mermaids & Dolphins
:OSMessages from your Angels

Going through the main site link: Tarot Wisdom Readings ...there are more links to other Angel, Faery and Enchanted spreads. :thumbsup:

Myrrha

I am putting both of these spreads into my journal. The nine card one looks very substantial as it gets you thinking about how the emotional and physical are related etc. I like the directness of the depression spread.

I'm not sure if this counts as a spread as it is quite flexible. It works with the Angels and Fairies decks, should work with others as well as long as the two decks seem to you to fit with each other.

Shuffle the Angels deck, then the Fairies deck. Lay out the Angels deck in any short spread such as
1. Situation
2.Obstacle or challenge
3. What will help you over the obstacle

Then lay out the cards from the Fairies deck just below or overlapping the Angels cards. The Angel cards seem to state a general theme and then the Fairies will support them by being more specific or by suggesting a frame of mind for you to adopt. Anyway they seem to relate really well! I wonder how this would work with other Virtue oracles?

--Myrrha

Logiatrix

Thank you, Myrrha!
I'll be trying this one tonite...
:)

Rachey

Rhiamon, I tried out your spread, it's very revealing and works well :) Thank you for sharing :*

Myrrha, I'm going to try this out with my mermaids and dolphins, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Rhiamon

Rachey said:
Rhiamon, I tried out your spread, it's very revealing and works well :) Thank you for sharing :*

Myrrha, I'm going to try this out with my mermaids and dolphins, I'll let you know how it goes :)
oh goodie! Glad it works well! I just purchased the Mermaids and Dolphins deck, can't wait to try it out. That makes 3 Virtue decks for me, but I want them all, especially the angels, but my bookstore didn't have them :(