Druidcraft Study Group - 4 (Four) of Wands

coyoteblack

Just rename the thread to 4 of wand marriage?

Any who the 4 of wands in this deck is the happy home card , things are stable no ones will power is dominating others.

tarotlyn

Hi! :heart: Everybody!

Can I join in? I just got my Druidcraft deck...

Le Chat said:
... The party is not always over, maybe it's waiting to begin...

MissCW said:
The Four of Wands before in other cards has definitely been my marriage card, I've accurately predicted a couple of proposals with it before.
:heart: I agree with both Le Chat and MissCW!

When I look at this card I feel that people had just been there (at the campfire)
and had been planning a wedding or a happy celebration for work (wands) well done.

Maybe they went inside the house (building ?) to decorate, because at the fireside, they
had just (planned) or assigned each person to a specific task for the future event.

I relate all 4's to the Emperor...of "planning" and "thinking"..."contemplating"...
and "building a foundation"...

I know that I am thinking of RWS symbology...but in the accompanying Duridcraft book,
on the last page - 192 - The authors acknowledge: "Pamela Coleman Smith for the inspiration
of her images."

To me, most of the Druidcraft cards actually DEEPEN the meanings of Pamela Coleman Smith's
images that she used in the RWS decks.
Lyn

tarotlyn

I see why no one answered me about joining in...most of this thread was done in the year 2006! :laugh:

coyoteblack

The group is still going on. Sometims at a snails pace but it is still going.

tarotlyn

coyoteblack said:
The group is still going on. Sometims at a snails pace but it is still going.
Hi! :love: coyoteblack!
Do you know who the leader is here? "...take me to your leader..." :laugh:

Seriously, though, would like to see this thread active, because I have a new
DruidCraft deck coming in soon (((Thanks! :love: Valeria!!!)))

:love: :)
Lyn

Dancing Bear

I'm Here!! studying this deck too! LOL!!

I love this deck and totally agree the druidcraft images deepen colemans smiths meanings.. This 4 of Wands is similar to the Harmonious 4 of wands.. I always saw this card as one of those lazy Sunday mid-mornings., where everyone is still hanging around indoors still slowly slowly at their own sweet pace going about there business, maybe later when one thinks of it or feels like it may come to stoke the fire and maybe put the kettle on..LOL!! ..
I really get a peaceful happy homey sense with this card, Like a grounded stable sense of family , friends, and surrounds.,,

The floral garland throws me a little , as if a wedding is about to or has taken place... Maybe as mentioned before , the reason no-one is seen is because of the period the newly wedded , are secluded up in the hut for the bonding month after the wedding....

It truly has a peaceful contented feel about this card.. I wouldnt put a time limit on the contentment though personally.. unless surrounding cards would suggest otherwise..

caridwen

I always feel a word of warning with the 4 of Wands because there's no one tending to that fire.

coyoteblack

successgoodhealth said:
Hi! :love: coyoteblack!
Do you know who the leader is here? "...take me to your leader..." :laugh:

Seriously, though, would like to see this thread active, because I have a new
DruidCraft deck coming in soon (((Thanks! :love: Valeria!!!)))

:love: :)
Lyn

bah earth girls are easy!!

jk any way we have no leader now. I am doing my 78 weeks of study with this deck . our beloved over sized teddy bear with rhythm is doing a personal journey .

I think a few other stop by here and there But I am sure we can get enough to answer you questions .

This is pretty much my only reading deck for almost 2 years maybe I can help a little when I can.

coyoteblack

Also with this card it is like the housewarming party! it feels great to celebrate but it does not last long.

From what little I know this deck you almost always have to consider the following and preceding cards.

The 4 is nice and comfortable but the 5's are on the horizon so get ready.

Dancing Bear

Funny two of you feel there is some sort of need to be on guard for in the Four of wands..
I will take this in and ponder with it,,

I just relate to this card from going away camping up to the shack, we leave the fire burning after the morning cuppa, and off we go on walks, it is still there alight when we get back for lunch, and it just needs a little coaxing first thing in the morning to start it up again for breakfast.. we have the rocks around it and all debris cleared around it,, we even have the poles in the ground to hang the billy off of, and the big hot pot...this is why i relate the way i do to the 4 of wands..a relaxed carefree feel, comforting and homey..

I will think about this warning that may go with the card..