Lenormand is so dang tough!!!

pickled pixie

I have only been studying Lenormand for a very short while but holy bananas, boy is it a tough nut to crack!!! Every time I watch a video on youtube or see someone explain a reading in a book It looks so straight forward, I then have a go, and I get nothing NADA!!! ....and on the rare occasion I manage to form some kind of prediction it doesn't relate to my day at all!!! :( I never remember struggling this much with Tarot....maybe my brain just doesn't work the Lenormand way, but I don't want to give up on it as I love it and the snappy little readings it gives people who can actually manage to fathom it!! Does anyone else find it much harder to learn than tarot??

UrbanBramble

I posted pretty much the exact same question a while ago and got some really great responses, check this out:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=225459

I will also say that getting a book and sticking to one system has really helped me. I use Caitlin Matthew's new book "The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook".

pickled pixie

Thanks UrbanBramble! I am reading Rana Georges book and am really enjoying it and her simple approach! (Although not that simple when actually putting it into practice 😉) I will definitely check out the link! Thanks 😊

Le Fanu

Stick to one source and bolt the door. If you're watching youtube videos and reading facebook posts and study groups etc etc, you'll be completely bamboozled because everyone's inventing their own spin.

pickled pixie

Thanks Le Fanu! Great advice!! ☺

conurelover

The one thing that was hard at first was that they cannot be read like tarot.

When I started out with Lenormand I drew two cards a day and paired them up to learn meanings and combinations for a month.

The second month I took it to 3 cards a day and did the same thing.

The third month I started a daily 3 card draw to tell me about my day.

After two months of that I graduated to 5 cards daily and haven't turned back.

Two months later I tried the GT and think I have the hang of it.

Just start small and practice practice practice. You'll get there. :)

Padma

Hang in there. After about 2 years, I am finally conversant with the deck to some degree (a degree that I am able to understand fairly clearly). Le Fanu is correct - pick one system, and stick with it. The dividends pay off, eventually!

Remember to shove your tarot brain to the side, and let the Lennies teach you their own unique language...oh and, when doing very short daily two or three carders, understand that they can be very, very literal! Dog can merely mean a dog, Clouds can merely mean a rainy day, and so forth....it is when you hit the big spreads that they become very traditional in their approach, imo.

Good luck! ;)

pickled pixie

Thanks for all the advice folks! Unfortunately I'm an instant gratification kinda gal so I'll have to learn to be patient and take my time... 😉

WolfyJames

Like Le Fanu has said, sticking to one tradition/system is best, and to ignore the rest for now. You enjoy Rana Georges's book and she follows the french tradition/system. Donna Leigh has a nice website and videos and she follows the french tradition/system as well, so you could find her website and videos quite helpful. Sylvie Steinbach also follows the french tradition/system and she has a book out on Lenormand in English that you could read as well.