"Transit of Venus"-the Astrological Event of the Year

Fulgour

XVIIII Le Soleil

Has anyone else wondered if there may be a connection between a Venus transit and the darkened and inscrutable face seen on some of the older Tarot depictions of XVIIII Le Soleil?

If the correspondences begin with Aleph as One, by card 19 we have "qoph" and the 12th solar month of Pisces, which is the sign of the exaltation of Venus.

Seriously, this is exactly what I think we're seeing, though what the ultimate implications are... well, who knows, it's Tarot.

punchinella

Wow Fulgour, that's a fascinating idea. If I were you I'd take it over to the History & Iconography forum (there's a thread on XVIIII, if you go into "Historical Research", then into the "Forum Table of Contents," you'll find a link.)

I'm sure those people over there would appreciate hearing about this!

Simone

I attach a picture that has been circulated in our office.

Love
Simone

Attachments

• sun and venus 20040608 1002.jpg
    sun and venus 20040608 1002.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 140

paradoxx

I just bought a sobe drink, the cap quote is this:

"The big yellow one's the sun!"

:)

celeste

On the evening of the transit(around midnight) I did a tarot spell to awaken my psychic center. Later on I found out that the transit (in my neck of the world anyway) actually happened early in the morning about 5:30 a.m. Do you think that would have any weakened effect on the spell? I did the spell because I heard that the eclipse was an auspicious time to do any opening work of that kind.

paradoxx

Actually, the new moon in Gemini would dampen the spells energy more than the sun/venus conjunction. This moment of doubt is probably from the new moon of Gemini, but as the summer solstice approaches, prepare for the first messages to appear in your home life.

Cerulean

Ah, but there is one pretty face...

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/estensi-golden-renaissance/

To the right...spinner of the sun, a supposed Ferrarese tarot, she walks.

And the poet sings,

"May God grant each innamorato*
joy and all bold knights victory,
barons and princes honored realms,
and those in love with virtue, fame.
May peace and plenty be at hand
To you who hear this history,
may heaven's king grant instantly,
whatever you may ask in prayer...

May he give opportunity
and chase misfortune far from you,
grant fully every wish you have,
for beauty, wisdom, strength, possessions--all that you want, not more or less--
since each of you for courtesy
and goodness listen readily
to this fine history I sing..."

Maybe Venus as the morning sun, in good humor...

from MM Boiardo, one of many tarocchi poets, 1494

(*in love)

celeste

Thanks for the reasurrance paradoxx.

That was a pretty poem Cerulean-and very befitting the subject!