Feeling of guilt when trading decks?

Achlys

I've been the middleman for many decks and their actual intended owners. I'd say trade it if it's not working for you as someone else may love it and work with it so it's not sitting in storage...it might be loneliest if you don't trade it

nisaba

My city has a local trading group so I'm thinking about getting rid of one of my decks for some wine or bus tokens or something. It's a shame because I really wanted to love the deck but I can't see myself using it regularly...

That's okay. If you don't enjoy it, turn it into something else. I've only re-bought two decks that I'd previously gotten rid of - and it took me decades to come back to them again, so I never really regretted making gifts of them to people I liked.

also I like wine.

<laughter> I like honesty!

I feel like an ass though.

Why? You don't like clothes that cost you more than a deck, you'll give them away to charity. Does that make you feel like an ass?

I have mixed feelings about tarot cards + spirituality so I don't know if it's wrong to abandon a deck that I tried to love. Should I give it more time or just screw it and get some rosé?

Your spirituality is your own business. But Tarot-wise ...

Tarot decks are things of beauty (when they're not ugly), and they're also working-tools. If you already have the tools you need, there's no harm in passing on to someone more appreciative the tools that you don't like as much. :)

SunChariot

That's partly why I feel bad but I don't want to trade for another deck and I don't feel comfortable posting things for sale outside of my usual circles. And I am pretty broke so bus tokens are gold to me haha

Me to on the broke thing atm. LOL I am looking for work this week. :grin:

If you need the bus tokens then that is important. But all the same, there is nothing wrong with trading away the deck. If it's not for you then better it goes to someone else who will love it and connect better with it.

In the end, I think spiritual tools tend to find their way to the person who needs them most. If you let it go, then I believe that is what will happen.

Babs

zhadee

haha I'm part of a broke-Torontonian-trade-only-no-money community so my first instinct for anything I haven't used for a week is WELL, IT'S GOTTA GO. Gained 5 pounds and your clubbing dress is a little tight? TRADE. Winter time and your flip-flops are just sitting around? TRADE. Took a sip of your frappuccino, didn't like it? TRADE.
I'd say trade =)
My uncommunicative decks and unreadable books get a place at the trade spot of this house - in return, I'll find dishes or clothes.

pinkcrow

Thanks for the advice everyone! I appreciate it!

EmpyreanKnight

haha I'm part of a broke-Torontonian-trade-only-no-money community so my first instinct for anything I haven't used for a week is WELL, IT'S GOTTA GO. Gained 5 pounds and your clubbing dress is a little tight? TRADE. Winter time and your flip-flops are just sitting around? TRADE. Took a sip of your frappuccino, didn't like it? TRADE.

I've not been part of anything like that before, and I do not want to sound condescending but that seems really interesting. I'd like to experience that! But I think one would need street smarts and mad negotiating skills and to be very sociable to thrive there though.