Fortune Teller Experience

celticnoodle

I see what you are saying here, sunchariot, but sometimes bad things happen in our lives that lead to better things in our future! and, you can't prevent ALL bad things, as it is just a part of life--good and bad come to be. As you and I (and most if not all here on A.T.) already know.

However, allowing a person to know of anything bad that could be on their horizon will at least allow them to plan for it coming to be and help them to handle it easier. which is where your statement below is really important! It helps them to be able to think things through before the "bad" happens and gives them time to stay focused and alert and not fall apart through the bad happenings. They will know they have some control over it and deal with it as it is coming at them--thus helping to thwart much of its negative power over them.

But if you tell them that the future is changeable and this ("bad") thing is coming right now, but luckily here is what you can do to avoid it and create a better outcome instead..That is more positive, if you know what I mean. I think how negative something feels is HOW the story is told.

DownUnderNZer

That is what a UK Psychic Medium did when she had a group of young women sit with her for readings one at a time. Years ago...I was told this by others from the UK.

The "birthday girl" was read last of all by her, and the reader knew that it would be her last night on earth, so read her as usual and like the others gave her a special little card/note in a blank envelope to be opened later with a "special extra" message. She made the girl promise not to open it until after her birthday as the night awaited them all. Eg Night clubbing/Pubs.

Some hours later that young woman was killed in a car accident and some time after her death that envelope was found unopened in her purse/handbag.

What was written on the card?

Nothing.

You see, the Psychic Medium wanted her to enjoy her birthday and to have an absolute blast with her friends which is what went down that night.

Someone asked me on here some time back to see if I could find out WHO that reader was and I did talk to some friend's from the UK only maybe not the right crowd not to mention some have passed away since 2003 and some do not mix in that circle anymore.

However, thinking on it since I reckon she saw that girl's "aura" to have gotten that or should I say "lack of one". That is the only sure way of telling when someone is going to die 100%. No aura.

DND :)

This is an interesting question!

Given that the future IS changeable, IF something violent were coming in someone's future it would be bad NOT to know it.

Because knowing it means they could change things so that they could avoid it. Then it would not HAVE TO happen for them. But if it were coming and they did not know. And then did NOT take the steps to avoid it, THEN it would necessarily come. If we don't know something is coming, we can't take the steps to avoid it.

Let's say the cards told us the person we are about to start dating seriously is going to be violent with us. We could them leave them and not have to go through that. If we did not know this we would not leave, then it would just play out.

That means that being told something like that would be good for the querent and not being told would be bad for them.

In the end, maybe it comes more down to HOW the story is told. You have to leave the person feeling empowered and with a sense of hope. If you tell the person this ("bad") thing is coming and you leave them scared, that is bad, to me.

But if you tell them that the future is changeable and this ("bad") thing is coming right now, but luckily here is what you can do to avoid it and create a better outcome instead..That is more positive, if you know what I mean. I think how negative something feels is HOW the story is told.

Babs

Kalisti

When my father passed away, I was out of state (in the U.S.) and my maternal gm, whom I was very close to, came to me. Now, we knew daddy was dying, and in fact, I was planning to head down again to him later this day--but at about 2am in the morning, on Oct. 02, my maternal gm, whom I was very close to, came to me in spirit. However, she was only appearing to me from the waist up. She was dressed in dark colors--and a big black hat, (she always wore a hat and was always dressed up!), and she shook my shoulders and called to me to wake up. Then, when I did, she told me, "you'll soon hear the phone ring with some news." and she left by walking through the wall and disappeared.

I layed back down in bed, waiting for the phone to ring and about 20 min later or so, it did, with my niece telling the news that my dad had passed. I told her, "yes, I know. Nanny R. came and told me at 2, (I don't recall the exact time--but my niece was shocked!) and I've been waiting for your call. She told me the call would soon come in".

Then, later when we had finally arrived there, my hubby & I were staying in a hotel and my father came to me--calling my name and asked me if he had died, (he died in his sleep), as he wasn't sure if he was just sleeping or dead. I spoke w/him, explaining he was now dead and he asked me, "what do I do now? is this all it is?" and I could see my grandmother standing there with 3 other family members to show him the way, but I also told him to call his dad, as he was very close to his father. He did and then he walked away, down a tunnel which to me looked more like a street but no buildings, to all of them. It will forever be in my memory. So peaceful.

Talk to your deceased loved ones, human and animal and yes, they will come to you and sometimes even hang around. Its as nice to have our animal loved ones with us as it is our human loved ones. :)

I think there's something sweet with stories about people's parents and other loved ones coming to them before the other person knows they have died, or very shortly afterward. I feel like somehow that might help the hurt heal a little bit better.

My dad died of terminal illness a few years ago, and I knew it was coming and I had gotten to visit less than a week before he died. I had never been close to anyone who had died before yet had always had a slight fascination with it since I was a child. My dad spoke honestly to me about how he felt (no pain, just discomfort; no fear; some regrets but ones he was willing to be at peace with). He gave me his last wishes and everything, and finally agreed to let us set up in-home hospice for him (he only allowed us to do it after we made him realize it was free via Medicare).

Because he was leaving a lot behind for my mom to have to figure out, since he became bedridden earlier than expected, I set up a leave of absence at my work for up to 6 weeks to look after my mom and help her with anything in the aftermath of his passing. When I came back from that visit I told them I would be starting the FMLA leave that weekend. So that Friday after work I got a call from my mom. He had passed while she was at the store, filling a prescription. The hospice nurse was in the kitchen when she returned and explained that she'd gone to the restroom and when she returned to his room he had died. I was supposed to be back the next day and he knew that...we are pretty sure he wanted to go with no witnesses.

So, that next night I show up and I silently ask my dad that if he's out there, won't he say a final goodbye to me?

Nothing happens--to me, anyway. My husband calls me frantically, just a couple of days later, exasperated and terrified. For the second time glasses have flown off of the kitchen counter on their own and shattered. Second time? It happened the day before, too, but he didn't jump to any conclusions. Wasn't the cats because they were accounted for in the same room with my husband on both accounts. He tells me that the night before he also felt something tugging at his shirt, which also freaked him out, but before the second instance with the glasses he wrote it off as a part of his sleep disorder. He's never experienced anything out of the normal like that. I didn't think of it possibly being the goodbye I had asked my dad for at first and I told him to go to the pagan bookstore and follow their instructions, which he did. He had no more problems.

After I came back a month later I was meditating one evening while alone at the house. I had the fan going because I like the white noise and it was the middle of summer. I had only gotten into a light meditative state when I heard what sounded like a person speaking through the fan (lol). I sat up and my cat, who was on the bed with me, had his hair standing on his back and was hissing and growling. I couldn't make out what was being said and my cat's reaction freaked me out just as much so I grabbed my shoes and purse and left to visit my husband at his job for awhile.

On the drive back home it hit me...those were all related to me trying to get that final goodbye from my dad. He had a mean but equally hilarious manner of treating my boyfriends and this was right up his alley. The activity stopped after the fan incident, but now that some time has passed and I have been dedicating more time to my spiritual practice, he has begun showing up in my meditations and I can sense his presence from time to time. Sometimes I leave him some coffee on my altar :) I am about to start a business venture and I wonder if he'll offer some advice, be it asked for or not, haha :D

celticnoodle

Kalisti, my condolences with your fathers passing. My father also had hospice, as we knew he was about to pass away. It took him months and my mother and siblings (who live in town) were always there with him. I am the only family member who lives out of state and far away. But, I was still there as much as I possibly could be.

I always felt bad that I wasn't there for his passing. My brother, also, had just left his bedside to go home for sleep, as he had to work the next day. I did talk to my father on the phone that same day. It was also my birthday. But, before he went to sleep, my dad told my mother and sister that he would not die that day, because it was my birthday and he'd not do that to me. He held out till about 2am on Oct. 02. Brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it. My last birthday gift from him, and the most lovable gift a person could give. He never forgot my birthday, (and most people would say, "of course not! he's your father!), but my mother often forgot and still does. But, dad never did!

Yes, do ask your father for guidance. My dad is always there for me when I ask him to be. I use to help run psychic circles on another site and many of the people here in A.T. went to it. They ALL *met* my father in spirit while on that site, because he always showed up to help. I can't tell you how many times dad would show up to the others to give messages or go *find* a spirit that we were trying to contact. :laugh: I know it sounds bizarre, and it is, but it's the truth! He showed up to everyone there and they all came to know him well in spirit.

Many more of my friends who weren't involved w/the circle mentioned above, also have had visits from dad and I've "lent" him out to help them. They've always gotten the help they've asked for - from him, maybe. I guess we can't ever be sure, but they think so. And, in life, he was always helping others--even strangers, so it was in his nature. I like to think he does help them too in spirit. So, he is probably the most "lent out" spirit known. :laugh: But, I also "lend" out a few other of my family in spirit--who always were good to others, too. Mostly my dad though.

He still comes to me a lot. I think he likes being such an active spirit. He still makes the rounds, checking on everyone - myself and my siblings and his grandchildren. He sometimes even comes to tell me he has done so. :)

So, do ask your father for advice and help. Then, be ready for the answer--as they may be very subtle at first. Then, you'll get use to how he answers and you'll soon notice things easier and faster. Trust me, your dad is watching over you anyway and I'm sure he will be eager to help you in anyway he can. :)

willowy

I've had three tarot readings,and none were done very well,one was at a psychic fair and even though there was no one waiting to be seen,she kind of rushed through it,and didn't explain much to me.
One I had at a friends house,we both payed for a reading,and had them separately,she got a few hits but nothing amazingly accurate,and nothing she said came true.
Lastly,I had a terrible one,who was a total scammer,constantly asking questions,and then acting like she came up with it herself,said I'd lost a baby ( never been pregnant)predicted a death and loads of other stuff that was nonsence mixed withpure cold reading-really put me off paying to have readings,as I think if I got another scammer I'd flip and refuse to pay!I know that you're paying for their time like any other skilled person-but if they don't actually have any skill then they shouldn't be charging £40.
With so many readers and psychics about,its safe to say that at least half will be either total scammers and in it for the money,or just lacking in experience or talent enough to do very good readings (in which case they should be offering lower priced readings at first).

SunChariot

That is what a UK Psychic Medium did when she had a group of young women sit with her for readings one at a time. Years ago...I was told this by others from the UK.

The "birthday girl" was read last of all by her, and the reader knew that it would be her last night on earth, so read her as usual and like the others gave her a special little card/note in a blank envelope to be opened later with a "special extra" message. She made the girl promise not to open it until after her birthday as the night awaited them all. Eg Night clubbing/Pubs.

Some hours later that young woman was killed in a car accident and some time after her death that envelope was found unopened in her purse/handbag.

What was written on the card?

Nothing.

You see, the Psychic Medium wanted her to enjoy her birthday and to have an absolute blast with her friends which is what went down that night.

Someone asked me on here some time back to see if I could find out WHO that reader was and I did talk to some friend's from the UK only maybe not the right crowd not to mention some have passed away since 2003 and some do not mix in that circle anymore.

However, thinking on it since I reckon she saw that girl's "aura" to have gotten that or should I say "lack of one". That is the only sure way of telling when someone is going to die 100%. No aura.

DND :)

Yeah, I don't think I would EVER tell someone they were doing to die soon no matter what came up. I don't honestly have a clue what I would say in that case. Luckily it never has come up.

I honestly do not know what I would do. Likely tell them nothing was coming up and I was unable to read for them at this time.

On the other hand, if I saw them being hit by a car tonight, I would likely strongly suggest that it is in their best interest to stay home tonight.

Babs

Kalisti

Kalisti, my condolences with your fathers passing. My father also had hospice, as we knew he was about to pass away. It took him months and my mother and siblings (who live in town) were always there with him. I am the only family member who lives out of state and far away. But, I was still there as much as I possibly could be.

I always felt bad that I wasn't there for his passing. My brother, also, had just left his bedside to go home for sleep, as he had to work the next day. I did talk to my father on the phone that same day. It was also my birthday. But, before he went to sleep, my dad told my mother and sister that he would not die that day, because it was my birthday and he'd not do that to me. He held out till about 2am on Oct. 02. Brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it. My last birthday gift from him, and the most lovable gift a person could give. He never forgot my birthday, (and most people would say, "of course not! he's your father!), but my mother often forgot and still does. But, dad never did!

Yes, do ask your father for guidance. My dad is always there for me when I ask him to be. I use to help run psychic circles on another site and many of the people here in A.T. went to it. They ALL *met* my father in spirit while on that site, because he always showed up to help. I can't tell you how many times dad would show up to the others to give messages or go *find* a spirit that we were trying to contact. :laugh: I know it sounds bizarre, and it is, but it's the truth! He showed up to everyone there and they all came to know him well in spirit.

Many more of my friends who weren't involved w/the circle mentioned above, also have had visits from dad and I've "lent" him out to help them. They've always gotten the help they've asked for - from him, maybe. I guess we can't ever be sure, but they think so. And, in life, he was always helping others--even strangers, so it was in his nature. I like to think he does help them too in spirit. So, he is probably the most "lent out" spirit known. :laugh: But, I also "lend" out a few other of my family in spirit--who always were good to others, too. Mostly my dad though.

He still comes to me a lot. I think he likes being such an active spirit. He still makes the rounds, checking on everyone - myself and my siblings and his grandchildren. He sometimes even comes to tell me he has done so. :)

So, do ask your father for advice and help. Then, be ready for the answer--as they may be very subtle at first. Then, you'll get use to how he answers and you'll soon notice things easier and faster. Trust me, your dad is watching over you anyway and I'm sure he will be eager to help you in anyway he can. :)

How fascinating that your dad loves to help so many people close to you! That's incredible. So sweet that he took your birthday into consideration, your father sounds like he's a thoughtful and kind guy.

Just a few months after my dad died I found my interests shifting in a really unexpected way toward finance and business--two areas of life I never was interested in and even held some bias against--I often joke to my friends who knew him that his influence is even stronger from beyond the grave. His grandfather was the very first ancestor of mine to make himself known to me from beyond (in a relatively public way no less, with a medium friend of mine). I was pretty surprised about that as they were a very materialist Lutheran family...very successful with farming, business, putting a high value on education and reason, not really entertaining any supernatural ideas whatsoever...I really expected my mom's side to come through more readily.

celticnoodle

How fascinating that your dad loves to help so many people close to you! That's incredible. So sweet that he took your birthday into consideration, your father sounds like he's a thoughtful and kind guy.
:) yes, he was. He was the epitome of the "southern gentleman". Everyone knew him and loved him. :)

Just a few months after my dad died I found my interests shifting in a really unexpected way toward finance and business--two areas of life I never was interested in and even held some bias against--I often joke to my friends who knew him that his influence is even stronger from beyond the grave.
:laugh: This could be true!!! :D

His grandfather was the very first ancestor of mine to make himself known to me from beyond (in a relatively public way no less, with a medium friend of mine). I was pretty surprised about that as they were a very materialist Lutheran family...very successful with farming, business, putting a high value on education and reason, not really entertaining any supernatural ideas whatsoever...I really expected my mom's side to come through more readily.
I hear ya. My maternal side were filled with psychic mediums, and very intuitive people who even made their abilities into careers. But out of all the psychic mediums in that side of the family, only two of them come to me on a regular basis--my maternal gm and my maternal aunt. Which surprises me!

My husbands ancestors are a bit more plentiful, coming my way. Though his one great great grandfather came to me and scared me. He was a Southern Baptist and quite a frightful man, imo. :laugh: his wife, (hubby's g.g.grandma) comes through a lot and I was once told by a psychic that she likes me, and is also a guide to me. :angel: Its funny, because honestly, I can *feel* her around us. We have a large picture of her that hangs in our LR and I talk to her all the time--and I honestly FEEL her with us a lot of the time. We also have a few of her *things*. Though she was deceased long before hubby was even born.

Do you do any psychic medium work yourself, Kalisti? (reading for others I mean).

Kalisti

:) yes, he was. He was the epitome of the "southern gentleman". Everyone knew him and loved him. :)

:laugh: This could be true!!! :D

I hear ya. My maternal side were filled with psychic mediums, and very intuitive people who even made their abilities into careers. But out of all the psychic mediums in that side of the family, only two of them come to me on a regular basis--my maternal gm and my maternal aunt. Which surprises me!

My husbands ancestors are a bit more plentiful, coming my way. Though his one great great grandfather came to me and scared me. He was a Southern Baptist and quite a frightful man, imo. :laugh: his wife, (hubby's g.g.grandma) comes through a lot and I was once told by a psychic that she likes me, and is also a guide to me. :angel: Its funny, because honestly, I can *feel* her around us. We have a large picture of her that hangs in our LR and I talk to her all the time--and I honestly FEEL her with us a lot of the time. We also have a few of her *things*. Though she was deceased long before hubby was even born.

Do you do any psychic medium work yourself, Kalisti? (reading for others I mean).

I don't, It's not a natural gift of mine. Through years of on again, of again spiritual work I have been able to become more sensitive but not to the level where I could achieve something that would translate into meaningful work for others. If I had it I like to think I would be really into using the gift to help others, though! My intuition can be razor sharp with tarot sometimes and I do use it for the benefit of my friends. I have also been learning a bit about energy healing which I hope to use for the benefit of others once I am proficient with it :)

Did you learn to shield at a young age? I can only imagine how intense mediumship could be as a kiddo or young adult.

celticnoodle

Did you learn to shield at a young age? I can only imagine how intense mediumship could be as a kiddo or young adult.

NO, not at all. I never even knew you could shield yourself--new nothing about grounding or anything of that sort till I came here to A.T.

My mother never knew any of that either and I suspect none of our family members did. Mom sort of laughed at what I said I did because she feels spirits are not going to hurt us and we shouldn't be afraid of them. If they are that bad--you just get a Priest to come over, bless the house and that removes them--or if not--then yes, you have problems and will need the Priest to do an exorcism. :bugeyed:

Not exactly words that make you feel any better about having this skill though! :D

Which is also why my one sister is absolutely terrified and not interested in developing her skills. Its enough for her when a family spirit comes to visit--which she can usually handle, but she is not about to invite any other spirit into her life!