Conflicting Tarot Readings

geoxena

I do believe in the power of tarot . . .Why would this happen and how do I keep on believing that the tarot cards have a message for me . . .
The cards themselves do not have any power whatsoever. They are inanimate objects. There is no force behind them making cards appear before you, trying to send you a message. They'd be a lot more expensive if that's what they actually were! It does no good to anthropomorphize them and believe a deck of cards has special powers.

Everything you need to know is within you. You are the one choosing the cards, and interpreting them. So it is you who holds the power. When you go to a tarot reader, you are asking them to access their intuitive powers to read the cards that came up when they connected with you on an unconscious level. And everything is open to interpretation through the lens of the individual looking at the cards. There is no such thing as a bad card vs. a good card. And a bad reading vs. a good reading will always depend upon the reader!

. . . not that it's just a random amalgamation of cards that I breathe meaning into.
But of course, that is exactly what it is! We take meaning from the things and events to which we ascribe meaning. "Meaning" is nothing without our own subjective positions on a matter!

If I were you, I'd lighten up and try not to take tarot card readings so seriously. They are simply ways to access your own inner knowing, or "inner teacher" - the meaning of intuition. Using tarot is simply one way we can gain a little more insight or see options we may not be consciously aware of.

headincloud

A pack of cards is only as effective as the reader.