Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 286 : January 21 - January 27

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the thread is here for Jan - Jun 2017.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Participants:
1. Scarlet Woodland - The Book Of Shadows Tarot Vol 1 & 2 & Animism Tarot
2. EmpyreanKnight - Rider Waite Smith & Kabbalah Cards
3. VGimlet - Lynd Ward Tarot
4. UniversesCollide - Modern Spellcaster's Tarot & Witchie Lennies
5. page of wands - Shadowscapes
6. Nemia - Trionfi della Luna
7. BodhiSeed - Greenwood Tarot & Rune Cards (Linsell & Partridge)
8. AJ - Los Minchiate
9. CharlotteK - The Fountain Tarot & Wisdom of the Oracle
10. willowy - Cat Tarot
11. DaughterofDanu - Dreams of Gaia Tarot & Earthbound Oracle
12. Green Faerie - Victorian Fairy Tarot & Tarot of the Hidden Realm
13. RiverRunsDeep - Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Scarlet Woodland

Thanks for the new thread VG :) I'll be working with The Book Of Shadows Tarot Vol 1 & 2 and the Animism Tarot this week.

Was going to try out the Steampunk this week but I needed more colour.

EmpyreanKnight

I'd be working on the Rider Waite Smith and the Kabbalah Cards this week. This is the first time I'm going to use oracle cards here.

VGimlet

Can anyone say "We are ready for spring in the Northern Hemisphere?" LOL

So, I think I'm adding the Everyday Witch Tarot to my later list. It was fun and playful, which sometimes I need in my life.

This week I'm going to use the Lyn Ward Tarot. I find the woodblock illustrations kind of refreshing and interesting. Don't know how it will read, but sometimes that's part of the fun.

UniversesCollide

This week, I'm going to be using my
Modern Spellcaster's Tarot
and
Witchie Lennies.

Things have been hectic and probably will be for another month so I may not be checking in much.

page of wands

Shadowscapes Deck! My new one! :)

RiverRunsDeep

Thanks for the new thread VG :) I'll be working with The Book Of Shadows Tarot Vol 1 & 2 and the Animism Tarot this week.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the Animism Tarot. What do you love most about it? Is there anything you don't like? I love animal decks, but I can't decide whether or not this is one that should go on my wish list.

I'd be working on the Rider Waite Smith and the Kabbalah Cards this week. This is the first time I'm going to use oracle cards here.

How exciting! I love using tarot paired with an oracle; the combination provides some amazing and unexpected readings. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it this week. :)

I am continuing with the Bohemian Gothic Tarot this week. I knew I should have never picked it up, because now I won't be able to put it down. :D

EmpyreanKnight

How exciting! I love using tarot paired with an oracle; the combination provides some amazing and unexpected readings. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it this week. :)

Thanks RiverRunsDeep! I would definitely post my Daily Draws. Just a question though: it seems that one has to put the Tarot draws here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=267969

While oracle pulls get posted here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=218682

But if you want to post a combined Tarot + Oracle daily draw, I guess you post it in the first thread? Or do they have to be kept separate?

Thanks!

RiverRunsDeep

Thanks RiverRunsDeep! I would definitely post my Daily Draws. Just a question though: it seems that one has to put the Tarot draws here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=267969

While oracle pulls get posted here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=218682

But if you want to post a combined Tarot + Oracle daily draw, I guess you post it in the first thread? Or do they have to be kept separate?

Thanks!

Hmmm, this is a good question. I haven't shared my "paired" readings lately, but I think it would be okay to post in the Daily Readings area. I don't think there are any strict rules for our group, honestly. Maybe VG will chime in.

EmpyreanKnight

Hmmm, this is a good question. I haven't shared my "paired" readings lately, but I think it would be okay to post in the Daily Readings area. I don't think there are any strict rules for our group, honestly. Maybe VG will chime in.

OK. Thanks!