"Transit of Venus"-the Astrological Event of the Year

Minderwiz

Well, traditionally the arc of 8.5 degrees either side of the Sun is termed combust and is a planetary debility - that's what Venus is in the week before (and after) the transit.

However during the transit and for a few hours either side Venus is Casimi - in the heart of the Sun and as such is accidentally dignified. Thus your arguments are likely to subside and there will be sweetness and light on the day - but the week thereafter is not that promising LOL

purplefishy

Question:
I have had a set of previously estranged relationships recently come back to me and sort of come to differing conclusions. Could the Venus retrograde be one of the causes of this, astrologically speaking?

TemperanceAngel

Hello to all on this beautiful Venus day! I have a question and wonder if anyone could help me an explanation.

I have Venus conjuncting the Moon in the fourth house which is Cancer and it is right on the edge of the fifth house where the Sun is.

What will this Venus transit mean to me? In between I am having lunch with my old boyfriend today and have only realised today the date I made it on...lol...

purplefishy I am very interested in hearing responses to your question.

Venus also trines my ascendant which is Pisces and Jupiter trine as well which is in the ninth house (Sagitarius). Venus squares Uranus.

Oops sorry for the "me me me" thread everyone....

isthmus nekoi

I would caution against reading any transit in isolation - don't forget there are planets w/more long term, tangible influences like Saturn for example.

For those wanting to know how Venus would activate the chart (esp the older posters), think about how the planets she's going to touch have acted in your life and that should give you a good indication of the issues that will be set off.

Moongold

Hello folks ~

I am sitting at home watching the transit of Venus over the internet as the sun streams through my lounge room window.

I swear to you that just after the transit began all was quiet in inner urban Richmond and there was a few minutes of birdsong.

horoskope88

Well...the Venus transit has come and gone. And I have to say...I went through alot last night.

DeLani said:
Don't know if this is pertinent or not, but my hubby and I got into a huge fight Friday night, one that may signal the end of our marriage. We have had a lot stress lately because of living with friends (home issues - 4th house?), and he is a Leo - ruled by the Sun. Now I see it more like a collision course, a huge crash between Venus and the Sun. The relationship (Venus) seems too small to withstand the intensity of the Sun (Leo).
My poetic ramblings....sorry...

Pertinent or not, I can say I'm going through the same type of feelings I imagine you having. :( I had a huge falling out with a very close friend of mine. Things had been deteriorating, and last night ...the final shots were fired, and I'm the wounded one. It definetley signaled the end of our friendship. I hope you're getting through your ...um...transit...very well though? :)

As for right now, I need to do some light reading (Tarot) because I need something to help me cope with my loss.

So...emotional trauma, the end of relationships. Coincidence? Or rare-Venus-Sun occultation right around my jupiter-sun conjunction opposed by Pluto?
Usually we don't think Venus transits as being devastating, but I guess the rare nature of this transit, and the support it got from Pluto, powered it up. Damnit Pluto, only 5 degrees from an opposition to my Sun and 3 from my Jupiter. You just have to leave my life in ruins don't you?

wow...rambling...

punchinella

Wow horoskope, that sounds rough. I found the transit unsettling & a bit weird, but not devastating. In fact, things feel cleaner for the events of the last two days--sort of like an emotional purge. I wonder if, in retrospect, this could be a purge for you as well. Maybe it was a friendship you didn't need. Or, maybe the things that were said actually needed to be said. I'll be curious to hear your perspective given a few days' distance.

For now, give yourself a big hug from Punchinella (& you too DeLani, my thoughts are with you as well).

(((((((((horoskope88))))))))))

(((((((((DeLani))))))))))

DeLani

Thanks guys, my hubby and I seemed to have gotten things worked out OK for now. But the issues of "home" are still strong, and we are working on trying to get our own place and get settled down.
Also, isn't venus RX right now? Man, when it rains, it pours...I'll start another thread on the other RXs right now...

paradoxx

paradoxx said:
1882 was the 100th year of the Great Seal of the United States of America. This will be the 4th such event since the conception of the United States of America as land and country (conception as in July 4, 1776) and the third such for the Great Seal (as approved on June 20, 1782).

Also, Pluto is opposing the natal Mars of the USA for the first time ever, so land and country are being affected as the last 228 years are being tested like never before. The current global situaiton is a reflection of these massivly powerful aspects.

Venus is also in retrograde until late June, so prepare for that aspect as well. Venus rules relations, and it is the secrets that hinder relations that will have to be brought to the surface and totally removed from the story problem. Its like a universal anti-virus program for your computer, it may delete some important ifles, but if they are corrupt they're more hinderence than help. Anyway, there's a big readjustment coming soon, get your psychic firewalls up ya hear??

Instead of creating new thread that may not generate any responses, I will follow up on this.

June 20th falls on this coming Sunday. Fathers Day.
Pallas Athena is currently at 29 degrees gemini, same as the Great Seal of the United States America.

Emphasis on the Reagan Family and the Bush family will be dominant on this day. AS the last time that venus conjuncted the sun like this was the Great Seals 100th year this palla-athena and venus retrograde synchronisity makes for a turning point in everyones lives, but now perhaps, what was buried will now come to light to be purified.

The next time that venus is supposed to do this will be in 2012, which is an important year to the mayan calander. May the Great Spirit be with us as we enter these strange new times .